By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MCP: IF YOU BUY WII MUSIC I'LL MURDER YOUR FAMILY

SmokedHostage said:
bardicverse said:
TruckOSaurus said:
bardicverse said:
What's funny is that, in at least 10 states in the US, the author could be arrested and sued for conspiracy to commit murder. Smart move, buddy.

God Bless America!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition! ;)

Best Serj Tankian song ever.

The video for Empty Walls is made of pure win. =)

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Honestly, both Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort have pretty much missed the mark in terms of any target audience.

The problem with Wii Sports Resort is that its not fun to anyone. I couldn't see anyone I know who games/doesn't game currently who would actually want to play it for more than 5 minutes. Give us Wii Sports 2 with network play and slightly deeper controls tweaked for motion+ instead! Give us our Halo 2 with network play and take it to the next level.

The problem with Wii Music is that it will never be truely engaging on the same level as Guitar Hero/Rock Band unless they involve the senses. Since they cannot replicate the feel of a guitar then perhaps they should have replicated the look. Including Stereoscopic (3d) Glasses and designed the game so the instruments like the drums come out to you could easily replace the kinesthetic feel of the drums and at a lower cost too. That would make the game engaging rather than making you feel like you're waving your arms at a distant image from the TV.

wii sports resort is wii sports 2. and the whole thing is biult about wii motion plus! it come packaged with the game.  network play but would a nice add on but not something i see being regularly used.

as for wii music, no i wont say it looks like a great game but neither is it like guitar hero. its more of a tool to creat and mix your own songs, probably with games thrown in. kinda like wii fit which was a tool to lose weight with some games thrown in. now i thought wii fit was gnna be crap but it ended up being pretty damm good (80 on metacritic) so i will reserve judgement on wii music. Im pesemistic tho

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
Squilliam said:
Honestly, both Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort have pretty much missed the mark in terms of any target audience.

The problem with Wii Sports Resort is that its not fun to anyone. I couldn't see anyone I know who games/doesn't game currently who would actually want to play it for more than 5 minutes. Give us Wii Sports 2 with network play and slightly deeper controls tweaked for motion+ instead! Give us our Halo 2 with network play and take it to the next level.

The problem with Wii Music is that it will never be truely engaging on the same level as Guitar Hero/Rock Band unless they involve the senses. Since they cannot replicate the feel of a guitar then perhaps they should have replicated the look. Including Stereoscopic (3d) Glasses and designed the game so the instruments like the drums come out to you could easily replace the kinesthetic feel of the drums and at a lower cost too. That would make the game engaging rather than making you feel like you're waving your arms at a distant image from the TV.

wii sports resort is wii sports 2. and the whole thing is biult about wii motion plus! it come packaged with the game.  network play but would a nice add on but not something i see being regularly used.

Perhaps im wrong about Wii Sports Resort, I do feel that Wii Sports would be excellent with a revamp giving people network play and improving the controls/interface a little. Its just that every time I play it, I want to go online and play against someone as good/better than me. Theres noone in my house who can keep up! I have to play with my left hand and sometimes my foot to make it fair.  Motion+ would definately help get the spin on the ball.

as for wii music, no i wont say it looks like a great game but neither is it like guitar hero. its more of a tool to creat and mix your own songs, probably with games thrown in. kinda like wii fit which was a tool to lose weight with some games thrown in. now i thought wii fit was gnna be crap but it ended up being pretty damm good (80 on metacritic) so i will reserve judgement on wii music. Im pesemistic tho

The issue is not that its a good/bad game to play. Its more that the interface between the user and the Wii is lacking IMO. With guitar hero you buy the interface and you get that visual/kinesthetic engagement. With Wii Music there isn't any such engagement. I think its a concept thats either too soon or not given due dilligence. Thats why I believe that making the game 3d would give the players the engagement of Guitar Hero without the cost of the peripherals.

Tease.

First off, it's not a game- it's a music simulator.

Oh, so "sim" isn't a game genre? News to me. =p

SW-5120-1900-6153

I take with a lot of seriousness an editorial from a site that is running a Baby Mama DVD Contest at present.

This "game" will sell at least 5M copies worldwide. It is going under my Christmas tree. Why -- because it will be a fun family activity. That is what people who are dissing the game are missing -- families (of their own -- those with children often see things a lot differently).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I hate threats

I don't think this game is being treated fairly....and yes, Serj rocks.

Some people like this game. Those are the ones who this game is being made for. I don't see you crying everytime a pokemon game is released.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Paul_Warren said:
"So this guy is going to become one of the biggest mass murdererd ever... possibly the biggest (what is the estimated record for killing people?)"

I think it might be held by the priests of the Aztecs. I was watching Jean Rollin's film The Two Orphan Vampires this morning, and they said that over 100,000 people had lined up at the foot of an Aztec pyramid for the largest ritual sacrifice in history in 1488 at a 3 day festival. So if that is true, then it must be 100,000 and held by Aztec priests.

There must have been at least 2000 priests involved in that, though, assuming 10 seconds per sacrifice and 12-hour work shifts. That comes out to an average of 500 per person, which I guess might be a record if you don't count wars or acts of terrorism, but that cuts out an awful lot of people.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

*threatens pichu_pichu with canibal Pikachu*

I don't get why everyone is so mad.
Sure the game looks very childish.
But you accually think it was marketed towards hardcore gamers?

Not everything has to be for us you know.