By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to outsell the Nintendo Wii, apparently...

I love how the first thing he does is pat himself on the back for predicting price cuts.

I think Bruce is actually going downhill. This doesn't have the same conviction. I think he's just going through the motions to get his paycheck from MS.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Very funny opinion. Ingnoring the fact Wii has been selling way way more than 360 up to the price drop and ignoring the fact that even with a massive boost 360 would still be selling pretty far below Wii even with the 'magic' $199 price point and despite the 360 games library, 'better' value, etc. etc. he goes on about.

Nintendo could make Wii $199 tomorrow if they wanted... and imagine how easily it would outsell the 360 then.

PS3 seems in many quarters to be gaining steam and many sites now frequently quote it as offering better value than 360 due to:

integrated BR
integrated WiFi
Easy to swap HDD
reliability
rapidly catching up games library

Focusing on the 'magic' price point is like MS looking stupid by going on about the 'magic' 10M sold in US number... meaningless in isolation.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

LoL at the article.

Just wanted to make a point that Bruce's "permaban" was rendered void along with everyone else a couple months back. I too wish he would return so we could let him know how wrong he is without giving his site traffic.

Linkzmax said:
LoL at the article.

Just wanted to make a point that Bruce's "permaban" was rendered void along with everyone else a couple months back. I too wish he would return so we could let him know how wrong he is without giving his site traffic.

For anyone who, like me, came after this guy left, here's his profile - some of his posts are pretty funny (as in funny pathetic); I hope he returns too.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

• The 360 is being engineered into a single chip (+memory) combining the GPU and CPU. The effects of Moore’s Law are such that this will become cheap enough to incorporate into televisions, which Microsoft seems to be gearing up to do. Nintendo has no chance here... with the Wii, who would want a non HD console built into their HDTV?

360 in every HDTV? Microsoft domination confirmed... LOL.

Around the Network
Teoulas said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

• The 360 is being engineered into a single chip (+memory) combining the GPU and CPU. The effects of Moore’s Law are such that this will become cheap enough to incorporate into televisions, which Microsoft seems to be gearing up to do. Nintendo has no chance here... with the Wii, who would want a non HD console built into their HDTV?

360 in every HDTV? Microsoft domination confirmed... LOL.

I bet Sony can't wait to add 360 to their TVs... think he may be twisting Moore's law a bit there too in how he's applying it - i.e. isn't the 'law' about power increase not production costs?  He really doesn't like Wii much, does he?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Can someone say he's right about the article & good job in the comments section of the article?? I feel sorry for him.. xD

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Full of lose.

- The story about "75% under 199$" is crap since it is FALSE !!

- PS3 will not have a price drop : right.

- Xbox360 will may periodically pass Wii sales IF (ONLY IF) Wii is in short supply.

Time to Work !

Microsoft did win some battles ... but I can hardly see them competing with the WII ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Ok where is the facepalm picture people? We need one here fast :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!