By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to outsell the Nintendo Wii, apparently...

LOL @ bruceongames

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

• ... Comparing the two machines side by side is like looking at a Ferrari next to a bicycle.

I really liked this metapher. I mean, we all know that there are more Ferraris on the streets than bicycles.

... Oh, wait ...

Yeah, and I'm Bill Gates.

Man this guy knows what he is on about. He must have a time machine as this is so unbeleivable that it must be true. LOL

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

This from a stock analysis website.  Has it been posted yet?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/94362-why-microsoft-s-xbox-360-will-outsell-nintendo-s-wii?source=yahoo

• The Wii is for many people little more than a glorified toy. It is just a box for playing Wii Sports or Wii Fit. If these people want proper gaming they will buy a 360.

Megafail.

Xen said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

This from a stock analysis website.  Has it been posted yet?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/94362-why-microsoft-s-xbox-360-will-outsell-nintendo-s-wii?source=yahoo

• The Wii is for many people little more than a glorified toy. It is just a box for playing Wii Sports or Wii Fit. If these people want proper gaming they will buy a 360.

Megafail.

You would think with 30 million in sales that people just play WII sportsa nd WII fit and proper gamers would want a 360 would finally be put to rest

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Reasonable said:
Teoulas said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

• The 360 is being engineered into a single chip (+memory) combining the GPU and CPU. The effects of Moore’s Law are such that this will become cheap enough to incorporate into televisions, which Microsoft seems to be gearing up to do. Nintendo has no chance here... with the Wii, who would want a non HD console built into their HDTV?

360 in every HDTV? Microsoft domination confirmed... LOL.

I bet Sony can't wait to add 360 to their TVs... think he may be twisting Moore's law a bit there too in how he's applying it - i.e. isn't the 'law' about power increase not production costs?  He really doesn't like Wii much, does he?

Moore's law is one of the most commonly misunderstood laws that I know of. Moore's law is actually about the number of transistors that can be inexpensively placed on a chip doubling every 2 years. It does not predict miniaturisation (although miniaturisation is one of the ways the increase is achieved), it does not guaruntee price decreases of existing designs or increases in power for new designs, although these are usually side benefits.

Moore's law is no proof that chips will get cheaper, faster, more powerful or smaller, only that they will have more transistors for the price.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Gobias said:
lolbruceongames

this.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

"Sony is making massive losses on the PS3, and so it cannot bring the price down. All the company has been able to do recently is pass on lower hard drive prices by giving customers bigger drives at the same price. As the PS3 and the Xbox 360 are very similar in their capabilities Sony will now lose a huge number of potential sales to the Xbox 360." = Somewhat true, but red ring,no blu-ray,noisy as my cat,online costs.
"The Wii is going to have a very short production life, perhaps four years, before it is replaced by a SuperWii that will correct its weaknesses. " Maybe..

"Nintendo has no chance here... with the Wii, who would want a non HD console built into their HDTV?" Well, not all people buy HDTV just for consoles.

"Microsoft has now made the Xbox 360 commercially viable in Japan by creating the games that the Japanese want." True.

Everything, I mean everything else is just childisch,stupid,fanboysmin, "I see where my dick points" type.

Well I coulndt say enything bad that hasnt been said so I picked some good points.

Take my love, take my land..