By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm tempted to leave the site.

I dont hate pc gaming.

I do hate pc owners who brag about how much money their pc cost, with all its add-ons, ignorng the fact that not everyone is a millionaire who can afford said machine

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

The PC threads die faster, but that's understandable since this is a console-centric website. I do try to liven up the PC section though.

The problem is the blatant ignorance of some people here that keep trolling the PC platform without any facts or data to back their statements. So we get people saying:

- "PC gaming is dead", even though it's healthier than ever.
- "You need a $2000 PC to play games", even though the hardware is cheaper than ever.
- "PC has no good games", even though PC has much more high-rated games than any platform.
- "PC has no exclusives", even though PC has much more exclusives than all consoles combined.

And no matter how much a knowledgeable person tries, it seems that most of anti-PC people just choose to ignore facts and proof that destroy their idiotic arguments.

twesterm said:
|_emmiwinks said:
Obviously we need to form a PC fanboy gang, and go around busting some console fools skulls. Lead us Ben, lead us to glory!

Maybe Ben should be the PC leader...

Dude, Twestern... I think you should start that thread. Fight the power!

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Seriously, think about it - the PC hate comes from the HD console fans, because they WANT to be like the PC gamers. "We have all these uber tech specs, but your computer already blows it away, so i hate you"

You know what my solution to not owning a HD system is? I own a PC. I can play 99% of any HD gaming system library on my PC with better results AND I get to sit in comfy chair that I can plug in and get a back massage from in the process. =) When I want to console game, I got a Wii. All bases covered.

Screw the snobs, man. Just grab their IP address, track down where they live and infest their house with lice. >=)

elnino334 said:
erikers said:
If the mods did their job and permanently banned all the trolls instead of giving them 800 chances it wouldn't be a problem. All I see are people getting lame 2 day bans all the time. I could name 20 people off the top of my head who shouldn't be posting on this site because they are too stupid to be in contact with other human beings and act normal.

The site is moderated like it's hard-up for new visitors so anybody can stay as long as they don't attempt to kill somebody. Maybe a new approach is needed.

What mods need to do is curve all the similar threads that pop up. Is a tough task but it would really clean up the forums. If anything make sure the hot topics section doesn't have multiple threads about the samething.

That's right, multiple topics are rarely discouraged and even more rarely punished for not spending 10 seconds to look for the same topics before posting a new thread.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Around the Network

Ok, well I understand PC threads not lasting long...I'm not worried about the size of my e-penis or anything like that.

It's a shame though, since so many people here are just misinformed about PC gaming.

Just like a 360/PS3 fanboy won't listen to you about how fun Wii gaming is, you guys don't listen about how great PC gaming is. I don't care if you don't post, it's the ones who post and don't know what they're talking about at all.

Go to forums that cater to all audiences, and it's a lot more fair. I know this site is mainly about consoles, but does that mean you guys have to be dicks? It's hardly the PC guys being the jerks first.  And everybody on this site owns or uses a PC...it's completely fair to assume a good amount of people here own a console as well as a gaming-capable PC.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

twesterm said:
|_emmiwinks said:
Obviously we need to form a PC fanboy gang, and go around busting some console fools skulls. Lead us Ben, lead us to glory!

Maybe Ben should be the PC leader...

I second that motion.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

colonelstubbs said:
I dont hate pc gaming.

I do hate pc owners who brag about how much money their pc cost, with all its add-ons, ignorng the fact that not everyone is a millionaire who can afford said machine

Give us names, I want to see someone from this site bragging about it's PC being expensive.

And come on, some PS3 fans say "you got a Wii because you couldn't afford a PS3!"

bardicverse said:
You know what my solution to not owning a HD system is? I own a PC. I can play 99% of any HD gaming system library on my PC with better results 

May I save the industry and kill you ?

I don't blame you...

This site is just stupid and annoying sometimes.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!