By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm tempted to leave the site.

I think mods should go on a three day banning spree for all off topic/troll/flamebait posts. No warning, no second chances and no mercy. That will scare a few posters into place. The only problem with this is alt accounts.

Around the Network

You can't go! Who will I play Left 4 Dead with?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'll be getting L4D I reckon, would be nice to play with some forum members.

Don't leave Ben! You're one of the few people I remember in a good way when I first started getting here!

I agree there are people that just annoy the piss out of me and I've considered leaving a few times actually (sure it would make a few people happy :-p) but too many people here I like to leave.

whine whine complain complain... remember you are dealing with people who's social skills either haven't advanced for enough to have a legitimate conversation or people who are thirsting for it so much they'll say anything to get attention. These are most people on the forums anyways and most of the time ya just have to deal with it... I've had to deal with it forever because I'm unfortunately one of the few out there that come to forums for discussion and debate not warranting attention to myself.

So leave and well then there goes another one of us who simply wants good discussion and hand it back over to the people simply needing drama and attention in there lives.

Around the Network

The anti-PC nature of this website annoys me as well.

The PC is my favorite platform and I have been playing PC games since I was around 3 or 4 years old.

A large number of the users on this site are younger people so tend to be more left wing console gamers which is the exact opposite of what I am.

I also dislike the fact that any time I have arguments I always post links to sources and make reasonable arguments just to have some console guy say something stupid like only a $2000 PC can run it and refuse to believe that my under spec PC from 2004 runs Crysis.

PC Gamer
Ickalanda said:
The anti-PC nature of this website annoys me as well.

The PC is my favorite platform and I have been playing PC games since I was around 3 or 4 years old.

A large number of the users on this site are younger people so tend to be more left wing console gamers which is the exact opposite of what I am.

I also dislike the fact that any time I have arguments I always post links to sources and make reasonable arguments just to have some console guy say something stupid like only a $2000 PC can run it and refuse to believe that my under spec PC from 2004 runs Crysis.

Off-topic question, but how?  If it can run it on high, mesa will be very impressed XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I wholeheartedly agree with you in this one Ben. Even Nintendo fans are annoying towards us PC-loving fellas.

Ickalanda said:

Now that made me laugh.

Fanboys of any kind are annoying because their one purpose is to stir up a pot... not defend a company. Hell I can respect people with loyalty towards something but people that simply hate other things to protect what they like is despicable in my book.