By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm tempted to leave the site.

I've been sucked into the off topic forums recently, so I haven't noticed if fanboyism has gotten any worse of recently. It seems kind of bad today.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I say leave since this site doesn't really cater to PC gamers. Is not like they are tracking anything for the PC. It makes sense the PC threads die because I would say most of the people on this site are console owners. Then you got the PC snobs coming in to console discussions talking about how much better it will be on PC and they will just wait for the PC version when console owners don't care. Again console owners by in large don't care about PC else why spend the money on a wii,360 or ps3. Your going to get a very bias view from this site when it comes to PC discussions period. It sounds like you can't deal with it so again just leave.

If the mods did their job and permanently banned all the trolls instead of giving them 800 chances it wouldn't be a problem. All I see are people getting lame 2 day bans all the time. I could name 20 people off the top of my head who shouldn't be posting on this site because they are too stupid to be in contact with other human beings and act normal.

The site is moderated like it's hard-up for new visitors so anybody can stay as long as they don't attempt to kill somebody. Maybe a new approach is needed.  You don't see this happen on certain sites like Gaf for example since they weed out most of the nitwits.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Obviously we need to form a PC fanboy gang, and go around busting some console fools skulls. Lead us Ben, lead us to glory!

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

|_emmiwinks said:
Obviously we need to form a PC fanboy gang, and go around busting some console fools skulls. Lead us Ben, lead us to glory!

Maybe Ben should be the PC leader...

Around the Network

Here's a tissue
bye. bye.

The perma-ban idea sounds good to me--people have a good, civilised, intelligent discussion or they're out of here!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
erikers said:
If the mods did their job and permanently banned all the trolls instead of giving them 800 chances it wouldn't be a problem. All I see are people getting lame 2 day bans all the time. I could name 20 people off the top of my head who shouldn't be posting on this site because they are too stupid to be in contact with other human beings and act normal.

The site is moderated like it's hard-up for new visitors so anybody can stay as long as they don't attempt to kill somebody. Maybe a new approach is needed.

What mods need to do is curve all the similar threads that pop up.  Is a tough task but it would really clean up the forums.  If anything make sure the hot topics section doesn't have multiple threads about the samething.

Don't leave!

My suggestion: The site should increase the PC community by posting more PC news (gaming and hardware).

I reaiized the recent increase of Sony/MS related news and although I don't own a 360 or PS3 I think it's a very good step. I really appreciate it. More PC news would help in this direction, as well. This site doesn't deserve to become a console only page (or Nintendo only, for that matter).

Sales numbers for PC games would really help as well but I'm aware this seems to be quite impossible. What about sales numbers for old PC games (if available through companies)?

Hell, I love PC gaming.
I like fiddeling with the hardware (though budget is limiting...)
But consoles are so popular these days, for a number of reasons, that all the cool games are either exclusive to a console or on a console as well as PC.
So people can argue all they want about how a PC can run GeOW2, Resistance 2 etc. better than any console when the fact is, those games can't be played on PC.
And since this is a forum for sales and gaming, the most natural demographic for the site are console owners with an interest in how the consoles are selling (yes, both people who are can't seem to write a decent post, and people who can)