By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm tempted to leave the site.

Well this is a console orientated forum, and as the majority are just console gamers, they will not willingly accept your opinion that PC is better

Around the Network

I tried posting in the PC repairs to get my computer fixed, no one answered....

I think I joined VGChartz (along with Snake612) at it's peak. That peak being when there were interesting/informative/funny threads everyday. Nowadays its spiraled out into a mess and no one attempts engaging conversation. There are also people who just speak so poorly that it is a mystery as to how they haven't perma-banned yet.

Don't leave BenKenobi, lay down the law. May the banhammer be with you.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

thekitchensink said:
Ickalanda said:
The anti-PC nature of this website annoys me as well.

The PC is my favorite platform and I have been playing PC games since I was around 3 or 4 years old.

A large number of the users on this site are younger people so tend to be more left wing console gamers which is the exact opposite of what I am.

I also dislike the fact that any time I have arguments I always post links to sources and make reasonable arguments just to have some console guy say something stupid like only a $2000 PC can run it and refuse to believe that my under spec PC from 2004 runs Crysis.

Off-topic question, but how?  If it can run it on high, mesa will be very impressed XD

Well I am really good with computers and I usually just push my hardware up to the point where it can't do anything better.

I don't run the game on high, I can on lowest resolution with some lag but I prefer high FPS over graphics so I turn most things down but I leave Physics and Water up to high just cause it makes the game sweet then.

If you want to see how the game looks on my computer then check out my xfire page I have screenshots of me playing the game on there.  I also run Doom 3 on Ultra and Bioshock on High.

PC Gamer

Well, normally when someone says they're leaving the site, I'd say "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" or something witty like that, but since you're a mod, I think I'll pass...

But in all honesty, what do you mean console fanboys? Do you mean hating on PC? Cause I don't think I've ever ventured into the PC forum... Do people go in the PC forum, and say that it sucks or something...? I'm a little behind the curve on this...

Edit - NVM, re-read the OP (should do that more), it's about the fact that you feel neglected, and no one cares about PC. Well, we do track game sales for the consoles and handhelds mostly, which in turns bring console fanboys, not PC fanboys. Maybe you can spearhead an initiative to get numbers from Steam or something much like Stickball and DK get Numbers for XBL and WiiWare/VC respectively... Or maybe ioi can start tracking PC games sales at retail or something... that could bring some more PC-ness to the site.

bardicverse said:
Seriously, think about it - the PC hate comes from the HD console fans, because they WANT to be like the PC gamers. "We have all these uber tech specs, but your computer already blows it away, so i hate you"

You know what my solution to not owning a HD system is? I own a PC. I can play 99% of any HD gaming system library on my PC with better results AND I get to sit in comfy chair that I can plug in and get a back massage from in the process. =) When I want to console game, I got a Wii. All bases covered.

Screw the snobs, man. Just grab their IP address, track down where they live and infest their house with lice. >=)

I think this is a pretty good thread, drawing attention to how ignorant people are of PC gaming and its comments like this that can completely derail the discussion. It's both unnecessary and unsubstaniated.

Anyhow, OT: I've recently become very interested in PC gaming once again and I think after anyone who views shio's thread on 2008 PC games and still claims there are relatively no good games or that PC gaming is dying, must be (for a lack of a better term) an idiot. Don't let idiots take the site away from you.

Around the Network
fazz said:
colonelstubbs said:
I dont hate pc gaming.

I do hate pc owners who brag about how much money their pc cost, with all its add-ons, ignorng the fact that not everyone is a millionaire who can afford said machine

Give us names, I want to see someone from this site bragging about it's PC being expensive.

And come on, some PS3 fans say "you got a Wii because you couldn't afford a PS3!"

I don't think we can name names without being a tool, but you know who people are talking about, I know one person that especially does it.

And I agree with Pearjammer, Bardicverse that statement will only derail this topic.  Should be edited.

Ben,

Why do you think I gave up on my "Understand PCs" articles. I saw no point double checking facts and components for hours to only have a max of 10 comments.

It is annoying as hell but frankly this is a console site. I say we start reporting more PC news. I post some but not a lot. I also think me, you, Naz, and a few others should have a massive round table discussion about PC gaming, PC hardware, etc.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Oh... stop whining. As long as this forum has posters like Rol, it's not going anywhere.

ssj12 said:
Ben,

Why do you think I gave up on my "Understand PCs" articles. I saw no point double checking facts and components for hours to only have a max of 10 comments.

It is annoying as hell but frankly this is a console site. I say we start reporting more PC news. I post some but not a lot. I also think me, you, Naz, and a few others should have a massive round table discussion about PC gaming, PC hardware, etc.

Man, I quite enjoyed those, even picked up a few things I didn't know from them.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

ssj12 said:
Ben,

I'll join in on that ssj12, I am one of the biggest PC gamers on this website.

PC Gamer