By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm tempted to leave the site.

Riot Of The Blood said:
From what I understand about PC gaming:

-If you wanna new game, your PC has to be abale to actually run the game.
-If it can't, you're either out of luck or you gotta buy some more hardware.
-It cost a ton of money just to enjoy it.

I think console gaming is just better, even the Wii. See a game you like, buy it, play it, and be happy. PC gaming is a lot of work and money for pretty much nothing, really.

well your greatly misinformed. A POS 9500GT can run Crysis on medium settings and costs $70+/-. It isnt overly expensive because you can use older CPUs with newer GPUs and still have the overall benefit of being able to play most games. Also you do not need to be able to play the top-of-the-line super game like Crysis. There are better games out there like UT3, BF2, Counter Strike Source, Team Fortress 2, etc that are very good games and pleasent on the eyes.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I played PC games since Zork and I think it's great. I probably played COD online more than anything before or ever again. Because of that I just can't understand why the HD types carry on so about high resolution like they invented it or something.I was playing at higher resolutions than that years before the Xbox or PS3 were out. I love the choice,variety and often discounted prices of the game.

I liked everything but the controls; I was never very good with mouse and keyboad and although the Belkin hand controller helped, as I got older it just got frustrating. I was just about to retire from gaming having played actively since Pong when the Wii and the wonderful simple control made gaming fun again and I loved the feeling of active physical participation. When motion control comes to the PC, and I think it will because I really believe it's the future of gaming and the PC by nature is the most customizable platform, I'll be back.

I would strongly support tracking PC game sales, I'd love to see that myself.There is,of course, no practical way to track hardware.I also think there should be  active PC hardware and software forums, and console fanboys should just stay the hell off when they have nothing better to say than brag on thier favorite toys. I think the mods should enforce it too because I've not seen PC gamers (who tend to be more mature) trolling the console forums so they deserve the same respect.

I hope you not only don't give up, but get more support. In some ways PC gaming is too different to participate in parts of this site like hardware sales or the basically stupid generation war BS since you get new generations as often as Nvidia or Intel feel enough competition to crank out better hardware. And frankly you can always out perform the consoles if you care to expend the effort and money.

I also would also love to see a seperate notebook forum since there are plenty of notebooks out there powerful enough to do serious gaming.I have a customized Toshiba 17" over two years old that has a performance number of 4.5 and I still game on when traveling.

So you have my support and interest even though I mostly playon the Wii now.

But why go through the trouble of all that when you can get pretty much the same exerience on a HD console? It doesn't seem worth it to me.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
But why go through the trouble of all that when you can get pretty much the same exerience on a HD console? It doesn't seem worth it to me.

because we PC gamers have better games or the best versions of games. Plus HD isnt real. PCs 10 years ago was pushing way past 1080p. HD= buzzword.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Str8knox said:
I have a Ps3 and Wii. Now YOU FINALLY see what assholes the Hd gamers can be on the site! They criticize the Wii and Pc most without basis! I'm even fucking sick of the site that I only come here 2 times a week now.

Hd gamers are dicks! Plain and simple!!!

I'm giving you a warning, simply because I called people dicks earlier in this thread. I didn't call HD gamers or any specific group dicks though...just those that are dicks.

Anyway, I'm hearing from a lot of people that they're at least somewhat interested in PC discussion...but I don't see enough of it day-to-day.  I suppose if we gave more PC news and info more people would get into it...we can only do so much though, since we can't track software or hardware sales.

Maybe just think before you type, because no, PCs are not uber-expensive (I find ways to make it the most affordable gaming hobby for my college-paying broke-ass), and it's stupid when every PC thread either turns into pricing debates or simply die.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
kjj4t9rdad said:
Here's a tissue
bye. bye.

Wwwhat? x 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Ben, look at what this site is about. It tracks console and console game sales. The PC is basically a minority in this site. Console gamers usually see no need for PC games, and vice versa. The most people who come here are console gamers, so would you really expect to see tons of PC gamers?

You are in the minority. Either stop complaining about it or go to a PC Gaming Site.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

ssj12 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

because we PC gamers have better games or the best versions of games. Plus HD isnt real. PCs 10 years ago was pushing way past 1080p. HD= buzzword.

LOL.  Comments from both parties like this do not help matters.

Personally, I think that the PC needs more representation on this site. True, this is basically a console website, but it would be nice if it branched off into PC gaming as well. The consoles are resembling computers more and more (Well, the Sony and Microsoft consoles, anyways) so I think it's only fair.

well, maybe PC gamers shouldn't lie *shio* *cough*

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive