By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm tempted to leave the site.

JaggedSac said:

Strategyking92 said:
ssj12 said:
Strategyking92 said:
well, maybe PC gamers shouldn't lie *shio* *cough*

he actualy doesnt, he is jsut insanely blunt.

well, it annoys the hell out of me :P I can picture him talking in a smart-ass tone if you know what I mean.

Like "blah blah, blah, I'm right, your stupid, pc gaming is god lololololololol"

I remember him stating that CoD4 was much more successful on pc, I provide a link with the head of Infinity Ward saying the 360 version was the most successful(only 2 months old), yet he still tried to save face.

thats the problem, it was old data. COD4 ahoud have easily past the 360 version. PC gaming isnt about the beginning influx of buyers like console games. It isnt about first week sales. It is overall sales. A PC game can still be for sale on shelves or digitally for over 20 years. Each sale is a sale. Console games dont really have that luxury. VC/PSN/XBL is starting to bring back classic games but not in the massive volume that PC has and always will have. PCs 30 years from now will still be able to run classic games like Wolf 3D, Commandor Keen, etc.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
ssj12 said:
Gnizmo said:
I think the problem exists in part because of who defends PCs on this site. That and you have the problem of a healthy number of developers not taking the time to finish their PC games before release because they can be patched later (an increasingly large problem on consoles admittedly). This leads to lots of material to start a flame war, and more than a few people who only ever make the situation worse by throwing fuel onto the fire rather than trying to diffuse the situation.

What? I;m sorry but you seriously need a MASSIVE reality check.

I remember Rome: Total War (I think that was the title of the game) was released without the ability to actually play online against other opponents. They released it because they new the patch would be finished by the time the game hit retail shelves. The big names are very good about not releasing shitty titles liek that normally (it was an Activision game) but some slip through the cracks. When you have games with the hype level of Spore get released with bugs that can lock the PC up you have a lot of fuel to the PC haters. Of course I don't expect you to try and see this from anything resembling a reasonable stand point though.

typically games that screw PCs up, like BioShock did, dont sell well. This is why BioShock PC had to be rereleased. PC gamers dont take crap like that. It is either release a working product or screw off.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

I would love some good PC discussions perhaps some game playing. I think I've only played with my room mate in TF2 for example.

ssj12 said:
Chrizum said:

This is mainly a console site as, you know, the site is about the consoles. If you want to attract more PC gamers, make it more appealing for them to join the site. Post more PC news, track PC software, etc.

I love the PC as a gaming platform too, but I seldomly post about it. That's mainly because I'm just too much of a n00b to join PC discussions, where most PC gamers are kind of arrogant and know lots more about PC gaming than I do (even though I grew up with PC gaming and know how to compose a PC).

What annoys me is people like ssj12 who get really offensive and outright lie about things when it comes to PC gaming, just for the sake of defending the platform. It doesn't work, if anything it only aggrevates people.

what?

yeah, SSJ is horrible :P

Wait, WHAT?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

If you want to stop the anti-PC posters, then maybe you and the other PC gamers on this site should start trying to build a better, more positive image for yourselves. A few tips you might find helpful:

1) Stop trying to put yourselves in an adversarial position with non-PC gamers. No more "PC is better than consoles/[insert console here]" threads; no more "$500 PC that outperforms a PS3" threads; no more, "You're getting the console version of [game]? Enjoy your low res graphics/subpar controls/dumbed-down gameplay" comments. I realize that you alone cannot control these factors, but modding PC-elitist comments appropriately would be a major step in the right direction.

2) Be more friendly to people interested in the PC as a platform. If someone posts about their PC gaming woes, try to offer constructive comments, and not what basically amounts to, "Ha, you dullard! Go buy one of those kiddie consoles if you don't know how to build a computer/overclock a processor/etc."

3) Realize that some people just aren't interested in PC gaming at all. I, for one, do all of my computer stuff on a Macbook, and I'm more than happy to never have to even deal with a Windows box again. The hardware building/configuring/periodic upgrading just isn't for everyone, and it's not the be-all, end-all of gaming.

Of course, there's a lot that the rest of us need to do, too. I get the feeling that the PC people on this site feel like a persecuted minority, and really, it's a catch-22: Someone makes a negative comment about PC gaming, the minority feels an obligation to defend themselves, more attacks and defenses and counter-attacks ensue, and suddenly both sides find themselves on extreme opposite ends of the spectrum. I think we all just need to chill out, share a spliff, and realize that we're just two ends of the same coin.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
JaggedSac said:

Strategyking92 said:
ssj12 said:
Strategyking92 said:
well, maybe PC gamers shouldn't lie *shio* *cough*

he actualy doesnt, he is jsut insanely blunt.

well, it annoys the hell out of me :P I can picture him talking in a smart-ass tone if you know what I mean.

Like "blah blah, blah, I'm right, your stupid, pc gaming is god lololololololol"

I remember him stating that CoD4 was much more successful on pc, I provide a link with the head of Infinity Ward saying the 360 version was the most successful(only 2 months old), yet he still tried to save face.

thats the problem, it was old data. COD4 ahoud have easily past the 360 version. PC gaming isnt about the beginning influx of buyers like console games. It isnt about first week sales. It is overall sales. A PC game can still be for sale on shelves or digitally for over 20 years. Each sale is a sale. Console games dont really have that luxury. VC/PSN/XBL is starting to bring back classic games but not in the massive volume that PC has and always will have. PCs 30 years from now will still be able to run classic games like Wolf 3D, Commandor Keen, etc.

In 2 months CoD4(a year old game), is going to make up that much ground on the 360 version.  I looked at Steam's numbers, and am not impressed.  The number of people playing is just unimpressive.  If people download the game on Steam, I would expect them to play on Steam.  But there are only 800 people playing it online right now.  Hell the 360 version has at least 170,000 people on it right now(I say this because that is how much Halo 3 has and CoD4 has retaken the Live lead).  There is not a chance in hell that CoD4 has overtaken the sales of the 360 version.  Just admit it.  This is not a knock against pc gaming(I enjoy pc games), just posters who refuse to admit something that is obvious.

IllegalPaladin said:
I would love some good PC discussions perhaps some game playing. I think I've only played with my room mate in TFC for example.

man, I suck at TFC... what games you got? I think I have you on steam already.

ssj12 said:
IllegalPaladin said:
I would love some good PC discussions perhaps some game playing. I think I've only played with my room mate in TFC for example.

man, I suck at TFC... what games you got? I think I have you on steam already.

I have Counter-Strike (1.6, CZ, CSS), Day of Defeat: Source, Team Fortress 2. Oh crap, I ment to say TF2, not TFC. I used to play TFC a lot though, but I haven't really played it since TF2 came out. 

Non-Steam I have Battlefield 2, Diablo 2, and some others.

I don't recall the exact list as I'm not at my apartment to look through the software.

ssj12 said: 

typically games that screw PCs up, like BioShock did, dont sell well. This is why BioShock PC had to be rereleased. PC gamers dont take crap like that. It is either release a working product or screw off.

That is an amazingly good way tocompletely dodge my point. Whenever you want to come give me the reality check you were promising I will be waiting. Until then I will stand by my statement of too many PC developers playing the "relase now and patch it later" game and it working. The fact that Bioshock started selling well after it was patched is proof that consumers will tolerate this kind of shoddy treatment and still smile at the end if the day. This was unheard of on consoles until this generation. This causes a lot of console gamers to use it as a way to attack and dismiss the PC as a gaming platform.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
ssj12 said: 

That is an amazingly good way of completely dodging my point. Whenever you want to come give me the reality check you were promising I will be waiting. Until then I will stand by my statement of too many PC developers playing the "relase now and patch it later" game and it working. The fact that Bioshock started selling well after it was patched is proof that consumers will tolerate this kind of shoddy treatment and still smile at the end if the day. This was unheard of on consoles until this generation. This causes a lot of console gamers to use it as a way to attack and dismiss the PC as a gaming platform.

MMOs are the worst about this.  But that is almost a necessity for a game like that.