By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Consoles Are A Problem' and 'A Step Backwards,' Says Oddworld Creator

greenmedic88 said:
SleepWaking said:
Blah to all the console fanboys here, If you don't want to acknowledge you can get a pc for not much more with far better specs than the consoles fine, but don't label shio as a pc elitist who mustn't try to debate your false arguments and shouldn't be interested in console numbers. Has he ever attacked someone?? because Garcian you are doing it, he is actually on the good side of the line here. This is a forum where you should be able to express your opinion. He isn't calling consoles crap, uses good arguments and he hasn't done anything you should bitch about like you are all doing now.

So just to clarify: if you don't prefer gaming on a PC, you are a console fanboy. No.

You can build a cheap PC that will run any current PC game assuming DIY build or a current video card costing about $120. Maybe even less if you find a good deal. Yes.

Said PC will run any game the typical console user typically likes (platform exclusives). No.

High end PC costing $2000+ will run any game the typical console user typically likes. No.

Any PC, money considerations thrown aside will run any game the typical console user typically like. No.

See a pattern yet?

This is why most console users stick with consoles. The games suit their tastes.

This is a console centric site. The gaming tastes of most users are reflected as such.

No point in listing MMORPGs or RTS games since these are why many people prefer PC gaming.

I'm not going in an argument with you because frankly I'm sick of it , (I mean the pc story, I really do not understand why you did want to start one anyway that was not my intention).

Edit: BTw there many Pc gamers on this site, who just like me own consoles, but even people who own only a Pc should be able to go in an argument with you here,there are even guys right here who are just interested in gaming sales and do not even have a console or gaming PC.

Around the Network

...And PC gaming is just plain inconvenient and bad. As a plus, there are far more quality titles on the consoles. PC gaming for me is:

-Blizzard
-Bathesda
-Bioware
-Valve
-was Ion Storm
-Faraxis

and here PC gaming ends.

This is what I posted in another thread, if in 2005 you compared an Xbox 360 *Hardware issues ignored please* With a PC built from the ground up to play games. Both the $500 and the $1100 machines would have had to have been stripped out and rebuilt from the ground up. I love PC gaming, but consoles are extremely compelling. For me it isn't a hassle to rebuild a computer, its an adventure. Its like comparing a bought sword from the blacksmith to one that you forge yourself for your own uses. It really makes me attached to it, and for that reason alone there are a lot of PC enthusiasts.

Still, look at the numbers/specs. Its pretty bad, I have to grant that. So an $1100 computer system would have required about $500 worth of parts by now to keep it current - $200 8800gt $100 motherboard, $50 ram, $150 CPU so the total cost by now would be $1600 or 4 times the cost of the console box. (You can use an Xbox 360 on a monitor too you know)

November 2005 (The do I buy a gaming PC or the new fangled Xbox 360 edition)

Budget $500 box.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Retail (Socket 939) - Dead upgrade path.

Two sticks 256MB PC3200 DDR

NVIDIA Geforce 6600 - Pretty slow.... (Previous generation mid range vs next gen high end)

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 80GB

Plus the Usual suspects

$500

High end $1100 box.

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Retail - Still pretty slow.

Two 512MB sticks PC3200 DDR SDRAM - Matches Xbox 360 totals (IIRC System ram must hold a copy of GPU ram at all times - for alt/tab)

eVGA GeForce 7800GT - A little slower than the Xbox 360 GPU (It was closer to a 1950XT at the time)

Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 250GB

$1086 with the usual suspects.

Tease.

SleepWaking said:
greenmedic88 said:
SleepWaking said:
Blah to all the console fanboys here, If you don't want to acknowledge you can get a pc for not much more with far better specs than the consoles fine, but don't label shio as a pc elitist who mustn't try to debate your false arguments and shouldn't be interested in console numbers. Has he ever attacked someone?? because Garcian you are doing it, he is actually on the good side of the line here. This is a forum where you should be able to express your opinion. He isn't calling consoles crap, uses good arguments and he hasn't done anything you should bitch about like you are all doing now.

So just to clarify: if you don't prefer gaming on a PC, you are a console fanboy. No.

You can build a cheap PC that will run any current PC game assuming DIY build or a current video card costing about $120. Maybe even less if you find a good deal. Yes.

Said PC will run any game the typical console user typically likes (platform exclusives). No.

High end PC costing $2000+ will run any game the typical console user typically likes. No.

Any PC, money considerations thrown aside will run any game the typical console user typically like. No.

See a pattern yet?

This is why most console users stick with consoles. The games suit their tastes.

This is a console centric site. The gaming tastes of most users are reflected as such.

No point in listing MMORPGs or RTS games since these are why many people prefer PC gaming.

I'm not going in an argument with you because frankly I'm sick of it , (I mean the pc story, I really do not understand why you did want to start one anyway that was not my intention).

Edit: BTw there many Pc gamers on this site, who just like me own consoles, but even people who own only a Pc should be able to go in an argument with you here,there are even guys right here who are just interested in gaming sales and do not even have a console or gaming PC.

There is no argument here. You've totally missed the point.

If there was it would be nothing more than an argument over preferences in games, which is as pointless as an argument in tastes in film, literature, food, whatever.

For the record, I have a gaming PC (actually a video editing PC) better than the current typical new set up. It's just not my favorite gaming platform. It will play any PC game well. But it simply doesn't play any of the games I bought all the other consoles for. And I've bought every one this generation, each with their own titles not available on any other platform.

SleepWaking said:

Why? This is a forum for people who love console games. Why should we even allow people to come on here and do nothing but post "hurr consoles suck" garbage?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
blackstar said:
pc gaming sucks
i have to spend $$$$$$$$$$ to get a decent pc that can play games

LMFAO! Typical Console noob.

The average good PC I build is under $1000 dollars and will last me at least four years with maybe one $50 RAM upgrade during that time period.  My current PC I have was built in 2004 to run Doom 3 and I currently run Crysis on low and am perfectly happy with that because it still looks better than any console game and the controls are ridiculously better on PC.

PC Gamer

This is an argument almost as old as consoles themselves >_> I mean when NES hit and it got a lot of new people into gaming, PC vets were laughing and saying how their games looked better and were overall better quality, but still the mainstream went for consoles. I support both myself, I think they're both needed for the industry.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Garcian Smith said:

Why? This is a forum for people who love console games. Why should we even allow people to come on here and do nothing but post "hurr consoles suck" garbage?

Last time I checked  the title of this website is: Video Game Charts - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Wii, PS3, Xbox360, DS, PSP, PC

And not: Elite console owners club. PC owners stay out.

This is a forum, people are free to post their opinions as long as they dont insult other members, if you disagree with somebody then you can always stay out of the thread and it will die within a day or two. And once again who are you to decide who is allowed on this website or not.

If people are allowed to post "hurr nintendo sucks" garbage, "hurr micrsofot sucks" garbage and "hurr sony sucks" garbage then why the hell not "hurr consoles suck" garbage, as long as they do it in a polite manner. You can take a big dump over my beliefs if you want to but as long as you do it in a polite and logical manner then I have no problem with it.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

MaxwellGT2000 said:
This is an argument almost as old as consoles themselves >_> I mean when NES hit and it got a lot of new people into gaming, PC vets were laughing and saying how their games looked better and were overall better quality, but still the mainstream went for consoles. I support both myself, I think they're both needed for the industry.

Which is why the argument will never go away.

I remember it too. Everyone gamed on PCs in their rooms in college in the suites, but in the common area, it was all about the SNES and the Genesis (which had its own debate over which was better).

Both platforms played different games back then, so there was still no point in arguing which plastic/metal box was the better player, not that it didn't stop people from arguing anyway.

But apparently, nobody can simply be satisfied with being satisfied with their personal preferences, which typically leads to an opinion that one is the future, meaning the other is not.

Both with continue to exist regardless of individual opinions.

inexpensive games are still a dominant force in this industry. The DS, PSP and even the PS2 still have games released all the time that don't require the funding that the HD consoles require.