By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: we will finish 2nd

thekitchensink said:
There is still an epically long time left in this console war, and anyone saying Microsoft has NO CHANCE at second place is kidding themselves.

There are too many unknowns to see which way this will go, but he's well within his sanity to think that they can still do it.

i disagree

Around the Network
gebx said:
Tbone said:
Really it seems like the only thing Microsoft thinks is to beat Sony this gen, maybe u shouldnt open ur mouth to much beacuse i wonder what excuse they have if they dont beat Sony this time.

"Oh Noes!! MS is fighting to gain market share from its competitor... stupid MS...  "

???

Wanna know what happens when a company gets desperate??  Look at the Blu Ray deals that put HD DVD to rest...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  HD-DVD players always sold for less than Blu-ray players while the media (movies) offered by both camps were eventually the same price or HD-DVD was cheaper.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Xen said:
Skeeuk said:

taken from that article in the comments section with a fanboy called Kiz_naroz

"Europe is also a market where the Xbox 360 continues to outsell the Playstation 3 by a wide margin each month, ever since Microsoft dropped the price in Europe."

lol

Isn't that the same fag that said the 360 will win by a big margin? lol

These kind of comments may get you banned here. Watch out.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

taken from article

"On Thursday Electronic Entertainment Design and Research analyst Jesse Divnich told Edge that Microsoft's price cuts should have Sony "concerned". While he didn’t doubt the long-term success of Sony’s PS3, he did forecast that "the Xbox 360 will win another holiday season against the PS3 in North America."

so he predicts a win for 360 on NA only?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

taken from article

"On Thursday Electronic Entertainment Design and Research analyst Jesse Divnich told Edge that Microsoft's price cuts should have Sony "concerned". While he didn’t doubt the long-term success of Sony’s PS3, he did forecast that "the Xbox 360 will win another holiday season against the PS3 in North America."

so he predicts a win for 360 on NA only?

Well he has to be realistic, no?

Around the Network

It should keep them in second until they drop the 720. I think that's how MS will define the generation, not as a total LTD sales to end of production.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

It Microsoft manages to stay in second place until 2010, it will have been a monumental victory. Past that, it'll be near impossible.

3rd party support will be firmly on board the 360 till the end of this gen, due to userbase, ease of development, and Microsoft support(moneyhatting as it is so elegantly called).

So, what that means is, the PS3 passing of the 360 means a lot to the PS3 as far as 3rd party support. It means little or nothing to the 360. It's ludcrious to believe that the 360 would actually lose any 3rd party support due to the fact that Sony could pass them in userbase by 2010, when games are so easy to port, and software sells so well on the 360.

That's my only point, though I admit it's a little off topic. I just want Sony fans to know that the inevitable second place victory of the PS3 in the console war, doesn't mean the death of the 360. In fact, for 360 owners, it means very little at all, unless they're the sort to tracks sales. In America and to a lesser extend Europe, the 360 is very popular, and any games that would be on the 360 now, will be on it in the future.

Also, it's quite interesting how close we had to move the goalposts for Sony consider this a victory. "ZOMG We're not longer last. Epic win!" How hard would that be to believe in 2006?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Sony : LMAO.

they wiill end third.
due japan and europe.
and nothing will change that.

360's second place in not longer confirmed.
But no doubt Wii is already the King.