By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: we will finish 2nd

Final-Fan said:
xman said:
blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:
blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:
Ok here is a scenario. What if Microsoft is ahead for 5 years and sells more software than ps3 overall...and eventually ps3 catches up and is ahead for a year...before next gen consoles come out? Does PS3 win the next gen war?
5 Years???? before PS3 outsells 360, in your dreams maybe
Well 3 years where 360 has been the number 1 HD console are done. 2 more is not out of the questions at all.

Its Sonys fault for coming to the party a year late with the PS3
So RROD was a wise decision by Microsoft? I see. And PS3 has been out 22 Months not 3 years.
No RROD wasnt releasing first was.  And PS3 ahs been out 22 months but 360 has been out three years so it has been beating them next gen for three years

MS got to market first because it rushed development.  RROD happened because of insufficient quality testing.  I hope you see that these things are connected.

They are related but it was a gamble for MS they needed to build up a lead they dont have the brand recognition of Sony and Nintendo did it pay off is the real question

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
amp316 said:
disolitude said:
Ok here is a scenario. What if Microsoft is ahead for 5 years and sells more software than ps3 overall...and eventually ps3 catches up and is ahead for a year...before next gen consoles come out? Does PS3 win the next gen war?

No. The Wii does.   

The only way Sony is going to win this generation or later generations is if Microsoft finally decides 10 billion in losses is enough (projecting a year or two) and moves on to not doing well in other things (maybe concentrating on doing badly with the Zune, IE8, Vista or their dozens of other epic fail projects suported by Office and XP monopolies).  Sony is the only company atm that has a chance at passing Nintendo since MS leaving would consolidate the hardcore gamer market into Sony (which is how Genesis did so well, the original PS1 and PS2 did well ect).  This would set up the eternal dichotomy of games with Nintendo taking the casual and younger side heavily and Sony taking the hardcore and older side heavily.  

If somehow Sony dropped out it would be harder to see what would happen.  I think most Sony players would not go to the 360 and would just head to Nintendo, the PC or something else.  I for example would rather go PC exclusive and maybe buy a new Nintendo system then deal with the MS crap like paying for online play and broken hardware and I'm sure I'm not alone.  Most current Sony gamers have good memories of old Nintendo hardware (NES, SNES maybe N64) and no such loyalty to Microsoft.  I doubt anything in the world could make the Xbox line the number one console, there are just too many forces working against it.  The Zune has a better shot at passing up the Ipod then the Xbox does of being number 1 in gaming.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

360 has one more solid year, if they can't win it now they won't keep second place.

they just lost 120k lead in the last two weeks.

Impulsivity said:
amp316 said:
disolitude said:

No. The Wii does.   

The only way Sony is going to win this generation or later generations is if Microsoft finally decides 10 billion in losses is enough (projecting a year or two) and moves on to not doing well in other things (maybe concentrating on doing badly with the Zune, IE8, Vista or their dozens of other epic fail projects suported by Office and XP monopolies).  Sony is the only company atm that has a chance at passing Nintendo since MS leaving would consolidate the hardcore gamer market into Sony (which is how Genesis did so well, the original PS1 and PS2 did well ect).  This would set up the eternal dichotomy of games with Nintendo taking the casual and younger side heavily and Sony taking the hardcore and older side heavily.  

If somehow Sony dropped out it would be harder to see what would happen.  I think most Sony players would not go to the 360 and would just head to Nintendo, the PC or something else.  I for example would rather go PC exclusive and maybe buy a new Nintendo system then deal with the MS crap like paying for online play and broken hardware and I'm sure I'm not alone.  Most current Sony gamers have good memories of old Nintendo hardware (NES, SNES maybe N64) and no such loyalty to Microsoft.  I doubt anything in the world could make the Xbox line the number one console, there are just too many forces working against it.  The Zune has a better shot at passing up the Ipod then the Xbox does of being number 1 in gaming.

Wow can see the MS love from this post.  I love how you point out 10 billion is losses by MS first off it was 6 nbillion, second the 360 actually is MAKING them money now, they are currenly is 2nd place that is not debatable.  And this generation of consoles SONY has lost way more money than MS (Billions). 

I dont want MS to drop out or sony or Nintendo compatation is good for you and me the reason MS dropped the price was Sony the reason Sony will drop is MS keeping them all in the market is good even if you dont like them.

PS Vista stinks but they are making a bundle on it.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

theprof00 said:

360 has one more solid year, if they can't win it now they won't keep second place.

they just lost 120k lead in the last two weeks.

2 countyer points

1) yes they make up 120k two weeks right before the price cut.  The 360 numbers are down people wont buy it before the price goes down.

2) with a 5.3 million lead you can give up 120k..:)

Around the Network

They are going to have a real hard time doing that.
They are getting crushed more and more by the PS3 every week in Others and the PS3 is really starting to go full steam there, even ahead of the PS2 this year..........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

The price cut will help but they need a marketing plan to let everyone know the RROD days are over and about the library of games they have

Impulsivity said:
early 2009? The 360 will be in 3rd by the end of THIS fiscal year. Yes that's right, by March the PS3 will be the number one console worldwide. They may come somewhat even in NA but they will trounce MS in Japan and Europe which will more then make up the difference. I bet they will open up a 200k a week lead (or more) in November and 300k in december which will quickly close the gap. They've been gaining at an increasing speed this past year, to think it will take 2 more years is just silly. Two years in just the US maybe, but not worldwide.

Wanna do a Lion King bet on that?

Squilliam: Impulsivity. ...What have you done?
Impulsivity: {Jumps back, crying} There was reality and Sony tried to save me... it was an accident, I... I didn't mean for it to happen.
Squilliam: {Embracing Impulsivity, yet still distant} Of course, of course you didn't. No one... ever means {pulls Impulsivity closer; Impulsivity hides his face on Squilliams foreleg} for these things to happen. ...But the Sony IS dead. {looking with mock regret at Impulsivity) And if it weren't for you, The PS3'd still be alive. {Impulsivity is crushed, believing his guilt. Another thought "occurs" to Squilliam.} Oh! What will Nintendo think?
Impulsivity: {Sniffing} What am I gonna do?
Squilliam: Run away, Impulsivity. Run... Run away and never return.

Tease.

no chance in the world

i dont even see it as 2nd. Sony is FIRST in the HD market, I think MS might have meant 2nd in the HD market lol