By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: we will finish 2nd

ZenfoldorVGI said:

It Microsoft manages to stay in second place until 2010, it will have been a monumental victory. Past that, it'll be near impossible.

3rd party support will be firmly on board the 360 till the end of this gen, due to userbase, ease of development, and Microsoft support(moneyhatting as it is so elegantly called).

So, what that means is, the PS3 passing of the 360 means a lot to the PS3 as far as 3rd party support. It means little or nothing to the 360. It's ludcrious to believe that the 360 would actually lose any 3rd party support due to the fact that Sony could pass them in userbase by 2010, when games are so easy to port, and software sells so well on the 360.

That's my only point, though I admit it's a little off topic. I just want Sony fans to know that the inevitable second place victory of the PS3 in the console war, doesn't mean the death of the 360. In fact, for 360 owners, it means very little at all, unless they're the sort to tracks sales. In America and to a lesser extend Europe, the 360 is very popular, and any games that would be on the 360 now, will be on it in the future.

Also, it's quite interesting how close we had to move the goalposts for Sony consider this a victory. "ZOMG We're not longer last. Epic win!" How hard would that be to believe in 2006?

Are you sure? With the legendary success of PS2, games that SHOULD of been on PS3 has gone to Xbox360 and some even gone as far as Xbox360 Exclusive.

Around the Network

Didn't Microsoft say they would finish first at E3?

Now you're playing with power!
Now you're playing with power. Super Power!
Now you're playing with power. Portable Power!

Touching is good.  Touch Me

disolitude said:
Ok here is a scenario. What if Microsoft is ahead for 5 years and sells more software than ps3 overall...and eventually ps3 catches up and is ahead for a year...before next gen consoles come out? Does PS3 win the next gen war?

In terms of consoles, yeah.

PS3 will end up with more consoles AND more games sold, though.  And then there are the Blu-Ray sales.

disolitude said:

Well 3 years where 360 has been the number 1 HD console are done. 2 more is not out of the questions at all.

Its Sonys fault for coming to the party a year late with the PS3

yet ps3 sold faster than 360.

RRoD is MS's fault for coming to the party a year early.  PS3 actually works, coolly, quietly.  blu-ray.  Black snowball MS can't stop.

Never thought I'd see the two industry giants having a scrap over the first losers slot.

Ah well time makes fools of us all !

Around the Network
errorrrr said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
It Microsoft manages to stay in second place until 2010, it will have been a monumental victory. Past that, it'll be near impossible.

3rd party support will be firmly on board the 360 till the end of this gen, due to userbase, ease of development, and Microsoft support(moneyhatting as it is so elegantly called).

So, what that means is, the PS3 passing of the 360 means a lot to the PS3 as far as 3rd party support. It means little or nothing to the 360. It's ludcrious to believe that the 360 would actually lose any 3rd party support due to the fact that Sony could pass them in userbase by 2010, when games are so easy to port, and software sells so well on the 360.

That's my only point, though I admit it's a little off topic. I just want Sony fans to know that the inevitable second place victory of the PS3 in the console war, doesn't mean the death of the 360. In fact, for 360 owners, it means very little at all, unless they're the sort to tracks sales. In America and to a lesser extend Europe, the 360 is very popular, and any games that would be on the 360 now, will be on it in the future.

Also, it's quite interesting how close we had to move the goalposts for Sony consider this a victory. "ZOMG We're not longer last. Epic win!" How hard would that be to believe in 2006?

Are you sure? With the legendary success of PS2, games that SHOULD of been on PS3 has gone to Xbox360 and some even gone as far as Xbox360 Exclusive.

lol wut?

Ok, I'll be more specific:  What is it you're asking if he's sure about?  Is it his assertion that games scheduled for the 360 will stay there?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I seem to keep saying this onto deaf ears. SONY, till around April this year, had no real killer apps, but continued to outsell the "cheaper" 360 which had plenty. Then GTA4 and MGS4 came along, bam, big boosts. Next up is LBP, R2 and MSPR. My point is that it's had very little "must have games, till now. Next year it will finally be in it's promissed form of true strength with it's strongest line up by far yet!

So, with very few games and more expensive price points, it still out sold the 360. With the better PS3 pks comming and much, much better/bigger SW line up then ever before, the PS3 is now set to power well past the 360, IMHO.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Nintendo's response?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogKUx_q7ig&feature=related

lol

Lets look a Japan for a sec, my home. Here there is very few "home grown" SW titles which the Japanese love and go nutz over. SONY, till now, has been focussing on the West. Soon we will have in this region White Knight Chronicals, FF13 and BioHazzard 5. These 3 games here alone will give the PS3 massive, massive boosts!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

toxicMM said:
Didn't Microsoft say they would finish first at E3?

Yes, they said it was too early to call.

It appears part of the clock moved forward...