By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: we will finish 2nd

I predict by early 2010 MS will be sitting at 3rd place... I also predict that this gen will last more than 7 years for Nintendo and SONY... MS may try to leave earlier..... but that's just kinda cowardish if they leave just when they are about to get beat.....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

early 2009? The 360 will be in 3rd by the end of THIS fiscal year. Yes that's right, by March the PS3 will be the number one console worldwide. They may come somewhat even in NA but they will trounce MS in Japan and Europe which will more then make up the difference. I bet they will open up a 200k a week lead (or more) in November and 300k in december which will quickly close the gap. They've been gaining at an increasing speed this past year, to think it will take 2 more years is just silly. Two years in just the US maybe, but not worldwide.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:
blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:
Ok here is a scenario. What if Microsoft is ahead for 5 years and sells more software than ps3 overall...and eventually ps3 catches up and is ahead for a year...before next gen consoles come out? Does PS3 win the next gen war?

5 Years???? before PS3 outsells 360, in your dreams maybe

Well 3 years where 360 has been the number 1 HD console are done. 2 more is not out of the questions at all.

Its Sonys fault for coming to the party a year late with the PS3

So RROD was a wise decision by Microsoft? I see. And PS3 has been out 22 Months not 3 years.

No RROD wasnt releasing first was.  And PS3 ahs been out 22 months but 360 has been out three years so it has been beating them next gen for three years

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Impulsivity said:
early 2009? The 360 will be in 3rd by the end of THIS fiscal year. Yes that's right, by March the PS3 will be the number one console worldwide. They may come somewhat even in NA but they will trounce MS in Japan and Europe which will more then make up the difference. I bet they will open up a 200k a week lead (or more) in November and 300k in december which will quickly close the gap. They've been gaining at an increasing speed this past year, to think it will take 2 more years is just silly. Two years in just the US maybe, but not worldwide.

To think they will be number 2 by Marh 3rd I dont see it happening, not with the price cut and the game linup coming out for christmas

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

disolitude said:
Ok here is a scenario. What if Microsoft is ahead for 5 years and sells more software than ps3 overall...and eventually ps3 catches up and is ahead for a year...before next gen consoles come out? Does PS3 win the next gen war?

No. The Wii does.   

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

2nd is the new first. Woohoo!!!

Sony is going to eventually catch and pass the 360 in sales. Looking at all of the recent numbers I think that is pretty obvious.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

xman said:
blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:
blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:
5 Years???? before PS3 outsells 360, in your dreams maybe
Well 3 years where 360 has been the number 1 HD console are done. 2 more is not out of the questions at all.

Its Sonys fault for coming to the party a year late with the PS3
So RROD was a wise decision by Microsoft? I see. And PS3 has been out 22 Months not 3 years.
No RROD wasnt releasing first was.  And PS3 ahs been out 22 months but 360 has been out three years so it has been beating them next gen for three years

MS got to market first because it rushed development.  RROD happened because of insufficient quality testing.  I hope you see that these things are connected.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

With games like Gears of War 2, Fable 2 and Halo Wars for this year

Xbox360 has a big chance of winning again

What does it matter if they finish 2nd? I'd say Sony and Nintendo have the right idea -- sit back, do nothing, and worry about their own product. It doesn't matter what MS does at this point, since everything is pretty much set in stone this generation. There's nothing to gain from finishing 2nd.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

ZenfoldorVGI said:

It Microsoft manages to stay in second place until 2010, it will have been a monumental victory. Past that, it'll be near impossible.

3rd party support will be firmly on board the 360 till the end of this gen, due to userbase, ease of development, and Microsoft support(moneyhatting as it is so elegantly called).

So, what that means is, the PS3 passing of the 360 means a lot to the PS3 as far as 3rd party support. It means little or nothing to the 360. It's ludcrious to believe that the 360 would actually lose any 3rd party support due to the fact that Sony could pass them in userbase by 2010, when games are so easy to port, and software sells so well on the 360.

That's my only point, though I admit it's a little off topic. I just want Sony fans to know that the inevitable second place victory of the PS3 in the console war, doesn't mean the death of the 360. In fact, for 360 owners, it means very little at all, unless they're the sort to tracks sales. In America and to a lesser extend Europe, the 360 is very popular, and any games that would be on the 360 now, will be on it in the future.

Also, it's quite interesting how close we had to move the goalposts for Sony consider this a victory. "ZOMG We're not longer last. Epic win!" How hard would that be to believe in 2006?

Well stated