By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: we will finish 2nd

We'll see in 2012/13 when both stop producing their current machines as the new models have been out for a year by then.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
Really it seems like the only thing Microsoft thinks is to beat Sony this gen, maybe u shouldnt open ur mouth to much beacuse i wonder what excuse they have if they dont beat Sony this time.

"Oh Noes!! MS is fighting to gain market share from its competitor... stupid MS...  "

???

Wanna know what happens when a company gets desperate??  Look at the Blu Ray deals that put HD DVD to rest...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

disolitude said:
Ok here is a scenario. What if Microsoft is ahead for 5 years and sells more software than ps3 overall...and eventually ps3 catches up and is ahead for a year...before next gen consoles come out? Does PS3 win the next gen war?

5 Years???? before PS3 outsells 360, in your dreams maybe

blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:
Ok here is a scenario. What if Microsoft is ahead for 5 years and sells more software than ps3 overall...and eventually ps3 catches up and is ahead for a year...before next gen consoles come out? Does PS3 win the next gen war?

Well 3 years where 360 has been the number 1 HD console are done. 2 more is not out of the questions at all.

Its Sonys fault for coming to the party a year late with the PS3

I'd say it has a 65% chance of coming second in America, and a 25% chance to come second worldwide.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network

the ps3 will finish second

They do have some healthy numbers ahead of the PS3, and the price cut might help increase sales. I think it will be some time before PS3 outsells the Xbox360 even with low Xbox sales at the moment, PS3 is not selling enough.

disolitude said:
blazinhead89 said:
disolitude said:

Well 3 years where 360 has been the number 1 HD console are done. 2 more is not out of the questions at all.

Its Sonys fault for coming to the party a year late with the PS3

So RROD was a wise decision by Microsoft? I see. And PS3 has been out 22 Months not 3 years.

gebx said:
Tbone said:
Really it seems like the only thing Microsoft thinks is to beat Sony this gen, maybe u shouldnt open ur mouth to much beacuse i wonder what excuse they have if they dont beat Sony this time.

"Oh Noes!! MS is fighting to gain market share from its competitor... stupid MS...  "

???

Wanna know what happens when a company gets desperate??  Look at the Blu Ray deals that put HD DVD to rest...

Which deals?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Like a selfish lover, when Microsoft is finished they will not care about who still has a ways to go ...