By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who thinks X360>Wii on 9/11 in Japan?

I doubt it...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I doubt it. No IP release in Japan has brought the 360 to even remotely Wii-like levels of weekly sales, and Infinite Undiscovery doesn't appear as though it will be any different.

Frankly, I doubt they're even shipping enough 360s to Japan to cover a Wii-like rate of sales, so even if they do sell out it still won't be enough to pass the Wii. Why would they ship more than that when they just aren't selling?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

For those saying the Wii will sell X number of units due to MkWii, or other games: Why is the Wii down more than 400,000 units from last year?

I don't understand the logic behind saying the Wii is going to randomly increase sales during a normally bad period for it. I can understand those that may argue the validity of my question happening....But I think it more has to do with if the Xbox 360 can get over 20,000 sales during the week, and not a matter of the Wii having some sort of bump in 2 weeks due to a new One Piece game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Are you kidding, right?

I'm going to say that the 360 sells out again.. but won't beat out the Wii

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Maybe if MS hired mercaneries to shoot potential Wii customers on sight.

In real life if a number of factors goes MS's way i couldn't deny the possibility of stickball being correct but any benefit these factors will have will be short lived.

the XBOX brand just doesn't apeal to the japanese customer , Microsoft need to completley re-evaluate their promotion of the XBOX brand because what ever they are doing it just simply isn't working , games and price point aren't making a whole lot of difference.

this is they worst thread of the fckn year if you ask me

There's supply problem for the 360, remember? And the first Viva Pinata did not sell well there.

Millennium said:
I doubt it. No IP release in Japan has brought the 360 to even remotely Wii-like levels of weekly sales, and Infinite Undiscovery doesn't appear as though it will be any different.

Frankly, I doubt they're even shipping enough 360s to Japan to cover a Wii-like rate of sales, so even if they do sell out it still won't be enough to pass the Wii. Why would they ship more than that when they just aren't selling?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Wii's lowest point of sales (thus far), was the first week of October in 2007. It sold under 21,000 units for the week.

So it's a combination of both the possibility of very good Xbox 360 sales, but historically low Wii sales for this time of year.

Millennium, the issue with the X360 in Japan is that...There aren't very many Xbox 360's in Japan to even be sold. When Tales of Vesperia launched, the vast majority of retailer stock sold out, and it's been a nightmare getting the Xbox 360 restocked, as there weren't many units at distribution points across the country, to re-stock the system.

So having said that, Microsoft will be sending major shipments into Japan on 9/11, so I find either one of two things will happen:

1) Microsoft supplies enough units to Japan, and demand 'aint that great'

2) Microsoft doesn't supply enough units to Japan, and demand is very high.

So then we come down to 'how many units will they ship?' I think MS should ship at least an extra 20,000 units that week, if not a lot more. Microsoft has proven to retailers that if the right conditions exist, they can sell the Xbox 360, and make money off of it. 9/11 is one of those weeks that MS will get retailers to realize it's Vesperia all over again: Either you stock up and sell out, or lose out on money.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
For those saying the Wii will sell X number of units due to MkWii, or other games: Why is the Wii down more than 400,000 units from last year?

Because they're shipping more Wiis to the US and especially to Europe. Nintendo has been quite open about this: in addition to being more profitable there, they're trying to resolve the shortage in one area so that they can then tackle shortages in the others.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.