By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP will be Mario killer

RolStoppable said:
I remember people saying the same about Croc. Do you remember him?

I remember Croc,an't say though that people said Croc would kill Mario.  A lot of great platformers that generation.

Around the Network

No fear of Hyperbole here then

Quote Kent Brockman in The Simpsons

"Ive covered Viertnam and World War Two and I can say with fear of Hyperbole that this is a million times worse than both of them put together"

Whoever said LBP will reach 10 million in sales is an idiot. The PS3's install base isn't anywhere close to big enough, to have a game like that. Heck SMG GOTY, a mario game, that was on wii's massive install base is still in the 7-8 million range, and it has legs something you don't see as much on PS3.

I don't think anything will EVER dethrone mario. Mario is nowhere near dead, anyone that played mario galaxy knows this, the game is excellent, with spot on gameplay, and incredible polish. Nintendo is already hard at work at a new galaxy for wii, and I assure it will be good.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Oh OP
But seriously, Little Big Planet is not a downmarket game. It is an upmarket. It will not appeal to non-gamers (or casuals as they seem to call them now), and certainly will not become a mascot.

nordlead said:
yo_john117 said:
what did rock on do to be banned? yes this thread was rather pointless, but i don't think that he needed to be banned for it??

someone please explain how this banning works so it wont happen to me. thanks

everything is explained here

http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

mario influencial in the pop culture?

sorry I LOLED hard.

Around the Network

No, but it will be a Zelda killer...

RockSmith372 said:
Next episode: Ratchet is better than Link (if someone says that i will stab you in the jaw)

Ratchet = Zelda Killer

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Sephiroth357 said:
No, but it will be a Zelda killer...

how will a 2d platformer kill a action adventure game, would you care to elaborate on that please?

LBP will be a great game, it looks amazing but no game has ever killed another franchise, and almost every game thought to be killer turned out to be crap, and LBP is not, it looks like fun game one of the games that could force me to buy PS3, i hate writing long articles about game, so i will just say this thread is flawed in so many levels

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Last time i remember someone making such a ridiculous claim towards a Mario game was when the some dude from Naughty Dog was saying that Crash Bandicoot was going to kill Mario 64.

Yes, if LBP kills Mario, then KZ1 killed Halo 2. :)