By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP will be Mario killer

Staude said:
obieslut said:
i dont want mario to die that is the only good games apart from zelda nintendo has that i like.

actually go on sackboy kill him, give me a reason never to buy a ninty product again,now who is going to kill link

Kratos did .. remember ?.. and he even won the poll in the end.

I already clarfiied this. I WON. Me >>>>>>> everyone and everything else combined. Get it right! I can kill everything in the world, I just grant things a lease to live. =D

Around the Network

Kidding, right? Nothing will beat Mario. He will still remain as the best platformer of all time, no matter how much you fanboys wish Nintendo itself would die.

Old Brawl code..ask for my new one..

First it will sell 20m then it will kill mario.. What's next? Will it kill the Wii and the X360 and let the PS3 sell 500m?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

no no no no no no no no mario has been around for far to long and plenty of mario games are better PLATFORMERS then LBP i think this is the most hyped game i have ever seen in my life god!

coolestguyever said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Move over Mario here comes Sack Boy. LBP on PS3 looks like the greatest and most exciting platformer in years. I am so looking forward to LBP on PS3. LBP will offer so much to gamers: casuals and hardcores.

October will be a great month when LBP launches worldwide on PS3.

This thread qualifies as SPAM: Stupid Pointless Annoying Message. Congratulations! Use the search function next time and quit stating the unobvious due to your opinion about a game that's not even released yet and not everyone will fork over their life-savings just for one game with creepy voo-doo dolls.

coming from the guy with only 400+ posts and a DP with, i'm guessing a world of warcraft character?

Did you actually call that Avatar a WoW character?

Around the Network
nitekrawler1285 said:

I too think that platformers peaked in the 2d phase. 3d ones, even my favorites still don't compare to classics like Super Mario World. But that's why i'm happy LBP is a 2d platformer. Maybe it can bring the genre back and do as good a job.

As far as killing Mario, even if this game is better than SMW I doubt it. He's been around far too long for an upstart like sackboy to tarnish his image in the least. Now if sony has a band of games to milk it like little big golf, tennis, etc then by the end of the generation he may have a sliver of a chance of starting to compete.

Not to mention he probably just can't get that huge until Sony does something bout the price of thier machine.  $299 ps3 bundle with LBP would do both much better justice.  Here's for hoping surprise holiday cut or more likely a new price point after this fiscal year has ended probably march or april when sales tend to go down anyway.

It would make Sony look very desperate in trying to steal Mario's limelight by doing this, and people would shun Sony and the game.

Coolestguyever, it's what my character model looks like on Final Fantasy XI >____> I'm a male Elvaan with spiky blonde hair named Naraku and Diabolos is my server's name, hence "Naraku_Diabolos."

EDIT: WoW can suck my left nut.

Of course LBP > Mario, grade school kids know that. Duh, "L" comes before "M".

We might as well predict that LBP > Combined Nintendo software sales for the last 10 years.

Million said:
We might as well predict that LBP > Combined Nintendo software sales for the last 10 years.

This made me lol.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Next episode: Ratchet is better than Link (if someone says that i will stab you in the jaw)