By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP will be Mario killer

I too think that platformers peaked in the 2d phase. 3d ones, even my favorites still don't compare to classics like Super Mario World. But that's why i'm happy LBP is a 2d platformer. Maybe it can bring the genre back and do as good a job.

As far as killing Mario, even if this game is better than SMW I doubt it. He's been around far too long for an upstart like sackboy to tarnish his image in the least. Now if sony has a band of games to milk it like little big golf, tennis, etc then by the end of the generation he may have a sliver of a chance of starting to compete.

Not to mention he probably just can't get that huge until Sony does something bout the price of thier machine.  $299 ps3 bundle with LBP would do both much better justice.  Here's for hoping surprise holiday cut or more likely a new price point after this fiscal year has ended probably march or april when sales tend to go down anyway.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
NiKKoM said:
Banned for a week??? I guess Megaman2 & Forevercloud3000 will have to step up to make new silly Pro PS3 threads.. xD

Megaman2 has class! I actually like his silly threads.

how did i get pulled into this. I was strolling the forums, usual Sony Protection Force duties, And I come across this.  I didn't even comment on this thread yet I am already beeing hated on.

Just in case you have not noticed, about 75% of the threads made period on this site are in ode to Sony, not me or Megaman2's doing......etirerly.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

omg, thread of the day. For being so ridiculous.

I just wonder why people even bother writing bullshit like that...

no, no it wont kill Mario
LBP is just Sony faboy's dreams that the PS3 will have another sucessful game.
thats all.

Around the Network

Marion will never die by this game was this a joke thread?

If not shoot yourself.

"Like you know"

LBP will be HUGE!!!

(I think every LBP thread should have at least one user saying this)

There is absolutely no way LBP will live up to the hype people on these forums have made...I've heard of hype but wow...

but don't get me wrong...the last Mario i was this excited for was Sunshine. It never quite rebound after that for me.

Yes. Sackboy, Crash, Spyro , Croc, and Alex Kidd will all get together and kill Mario.

As soon as LBP passes Super Mario Galaxy in sales I will take back everything sarcastic that I have said about LBP.

I honestly think that it looks like it's a good game. I'm just sick of hearing people say LBP will be huge and it's a Mario killer. Give me a freakin' break.

Honestly, besides for internet forums and the Sony hype machine I don't hear about anyone talking about LBP. It's not exactly water cooler discussion.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

If LBP turns out to be half as good as SMG, it's going to be a good game.