By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP will be Mario killer

Sephiroth357 said:
No, but it will be a Zelda killer...

HAHAHAAHAH!!!!

Around the Network
hsrob said:
Last time i remember someone making such a ridiculous claim towards a Mario game was when the some dude from Naughty Dog was saying that Crash Bandicoot was going to kill Mario 64.

Crash took Sonic out of the game. Then Sony dropped him like the fools that they are. Crash took second as one of the top selling platform games of all time.

yea i gotta wonder what sony was thinking with crash. they spent tons of money advertising him like he was the sony mascot then just dropped him.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
yea i gotta wonder what sony was thinking with crash. they spent tons of money advertising him like he was the sony mascot then just dropped him.

crash was part owned or fully owned by universal studios, they probably couldn't reach a deal or something

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Euphoria14 said:
RockSmith372 said:
Next episode: Ratchet is better than Link (if someone says that i will stab you in the jaw)

Ratchet = Zelda Killer

Not even the same genre.  Dark Cloud = "Zelda Killer" - don't you remember!?

Around the Network

Wasn't Crash bandicoot Sonys 1st "Mascot" and where is he now?

LBP kill Mario......... Not a chance in hell

So Mario will never die.

"Like you know"

rudyrsr8 said:
So Mario will never die.

only actors that play him will die

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Jo21 said:
nordlead said:
yo_john117 said:
what did rock on do to be banned? yes this thread was rather pointless, but i don't think that he needed to be banned for it??

someone please explain how this banning works so it wont happen to me. thanks

everything is explained here

http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

mario influencial in the pop culture?

sorry I LOLED hard.

And this, boys and girls, is a comment that shows you have no idea about gaming history.

If you'll look to your left, you'll see the exit.  Please use it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Naraku_Diabolos said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

I too think that platformers peaked in the 2d phase. 3d ones, even my favorites still don't compare to classics like Super Mario World. But that's why i'm happy LBP is a 2d platformer. Maybe it can bring the genre back and do as good a job.

As far as killing Mario, even if this game is better than SMW I doubt it. He's been around far too long for an upstart like sackboy to tarnish his image in the least. Now if sony has a band of games to milk it like little big golf, tennis, etc then by the end of the generation he may have a sliver of a chance of starting to compete.

Not to mention he probably just can't get that huge until Sony does something bout the price of thier machine.  $299 ps3 bundle with LBP would do both much better justice.  Here's for hoping surprise holiday cut or more likely a new price point after this fiscal year has ended probably march or april when sales tend to go down anyway.

It would make Sony look very desperate in trying to steal Mario's limelight by doing this, and people would shun Sony and the game.

Coolestguyever, it's what my character model looks like on Final Fantasy XI >____> I'm a male Elvaan with spiky blonde hair named Naraku and Diabolos is my server's name, hence "Naraku_Diabolos."

EDIT: WoW can suck my left nut.

I don't think so.  System mascots are supposed to be prominent.  That would be like saying sega is copying nintendo because sonic has appeared in games outside of his main platforming series(Racing, Pinball, Fighting, Sports, and soon coming rpg).  If you are lucky enough to have a popular character you use it.

Wether or not Sackboy will become popular remains to be seen.