By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - September 25th rumor.

Sounds interesting.... I want Mass Effect 2!

Around the Network
PDF said:

Get over the whole "they copied us thing" its old and tired. If a company comes up with a good idea I excpect the other companies to follow suite. It would be dumb not too. Its not like MS hasnt ever copied a company. Just about every company has. The PSN is about = to XBL and it took sony less than 5 yrs to do it.

I also read you sig on why you hate sony and its lame. Ninty shouldnt of ever dropped Sony, lesson learned.

Do you know the details behind that deal?  Nintendo didn't find the deal favorable, so they had to drop out - it's hard to speculate how things would have turned out otherwise, but "lesson learned?"  The DS and Wii have shown Nintendo anything but them needing Sony.  They made plenty of mistakes of course, but staying away from Sony was not one of them.

As for the copying issue, I agree, however I still give the innovators more credit for what they do.  If a company copying another ended up making more money than the original, it doesn't feel right, like it's plagiarism or something.  Innovation needs to be rewarded somehow.  In this case, I don't think less of Sony, but do give props to MS for what they've brought to consoles.

@ c0rd, are you suggesting that Nintendo didn't wish that they had had the same sort of success Sony had with the PS1 & 2?

Munkeh111 said:
@ c0rd, are you suggesting that Nintendo didn't wish that they had had the same sort of success Sony had with the PS1 & 2?

Ehh?  Did I say anything to imply something like that?

Sony was not going to let Nintendo simply reap all the profits like that.  They want their own piece of the pie, and that's disadvantageous to Nintendo, because they don't need another company leeching off their success.  While Nintendo's consoles continued to decline, that was due to problems that began with the SNES, not because they didn't join with Sony's new console.  Now that they've readjusted their strategy, they're doing just fine without Sony.

Barozi said:
DKII said:
This reads like a viral marketing post, lol.

Try reading this one:

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2008/08/23/microsoft-is-king-of-the-vapor/

Ok. I've read this nice "little" article.

So basically when Microsoft announces a motion controller the whole article has failed. Nice

wow, that site is strongly pro nintendo :P

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Free games?  This is M$ we're talkin' bout.

Assassin's Creed 2 exclusive when the first sold well on the PS3?

Sounds more like a fanboy wet dream rather than a reality.

Though if this is true it would be awesome. Might actually touch the XBOX...

For now, definitely in the most likely untrue rumour pile.

Oh and where's the link?

Definitely not true if no site has enough balls to carry this story.

i love xbox360 said:
DeotoxSlayer said:
Isn't the new interface supposed to be released in November...

november not fall thats the winter so no

November is fall smartness.

PDF said:
c0rd said:

- it's hard to speculate how things would have turned out otherwise, but "lesson learned?"  The DS and Wii have shown Nintendo anything but them needing Sony.  They made plenty of mistakes of course, but staying away from Sony was not one of them.

Your right it is hard to speculate but sharing a console for a generation rather than getting dominated for 2 generations seems better to me.

Sure Ninty has success now but I am sure they would be happier laways having it.  The Wii is no indication that staying away from sony was a good move.  Whats a indication that it was abad move is being beat by the PS and PS2 and now having to share handheld market which they never really had to do prior.

Through your comment you did imply somthing just like that by saying Nintendo was better off not with Sony.  We dont know how it would of turned out otherwise but telling them no certainly didnt turn out good.

Am with PDF on this one.

And just for the record, I read the thing that guy's sig said to read.... sounds pretty dumb..... Nintendo dropped SONY's prototypes and SONY decided to make their own CD based system... and it turned out to be a success. I don't see how SONY copied.... especially when the article says that Nintendo went to Panasonic after they dropped SONY, and yet there next console wasn't CD based at all..... And the N64 was released more than 1 year and a half after the PS1 right???? I don't see what SONY did wrong... unless entering a new market and doing well in it is a bad thing????

And also I don't see MS doing anything new to the CONSOLE VG industry... I just see them making a few adjustments to ideas that were already there. Even with online, didn't the DreamCast have it first??? And now look??? Although it's arguable as to which service is better, PSN is fully functional now, and Free. Not to mention how well SONY has been pushing digitall distribution, working for MMO's, and bringing new things like Qore and Home.

4 ≈ One

Yea...great if it happens, as I'll be there for the party!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder