By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New handheld console announced

GPH just officially announced their new handheld - The Wiz!

The most interesting thing is the Flash Player (Flash 7.0 compatible) and the planned release of commercial games. It has a LiIon battery built-in - and finally a place for the stylus! And a nice OLED display. If everything works as planned, it will be shipped in mid October.

Looks awesome cant wait to see what the price is, best thing of all is that GP2X is far from dead, all that has to be done is recompiling of GP2X Homebrew. The specs are quite powerful with an Arm9 533mHZ processor and 3D Accelerator and 64 MB of ram. Looks like the PSP, DS and even the Pandora will have a fight on.

Source

Around the Network

Reminds me of the gamegear

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Kick Ass. Hope Mame emulation is in full swing with this baby.

Pichu_Pichu ....you should have done the "Here comes a new challenger!"

So I-phone VS DS VS PSP VS WIZ....I think wiz will win hands down!

colonelstubbs said:
Reminds me of the gamegear

lol... great minds think alike. it definitely looks like the gamegear, but a bit smaller.

Around the Network

I love handheld wars. This looks mighty intriguing. Where are the buttons though? All I see are two D-Pads.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It is NOt new. It is the GPX2 sucessor of GP32 ( has sold 30k units worldwide )

EDIT: Wait it seems a new versio n of GPx2 with touchscreen ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Cool, The other ones didn't sell much right?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

i wonder how it will do

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

two D pads? thats unusual