By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Crow Eating Thread

your mother said:

Sorry Dolla Dolla, but I felt that this would actually get Gballzack?Ackmed to come defend "themselves". At the very least, Gballzack isn't one to shy away from posting convoluted retorts - ever.

Perhaps I'm wrong... me eat crow then?

Also, where's John Lucas? I'd like to see where he stands now with the whole MGS4 issue - still adamant that it won't show, or perhaps a change of mind? Or possibly he's keeping a low profile until E3 reveals any tidbit on MGS4 before posting in this thread?

LOL

Ok ok ... if she doesn't show up by page 2 of this thread, then you'll be served some crow, my friend

Around the Network

Well actually to be fair I was right... Well Dave Halverson was right. Read what he posted and it's dead on with what happened at Nintendo's E3 conference. He didn't say there wouldn't be any hardcore games from Nintendo but that after SSBB, SMG, and MP:3 that those games from Nintendo would be few and far between... And that Nintendo was focusing on the very casual which is true.

But don't worry I don't expect you or anyone else in that thread to eat crow.

ps. If you read the article you'll see that Dave was talking about Nintendo and it's first party games...

Legend11 said:
Well actually to be fair I was right... Well Dave Halverson was right. Read what he posted and it's dead on with what happened at Nintendo's E3 conference. He didn't say there wouldn't be any hardcore games from Nintendo but that after SSBB, SMG, and MP:3 that those games from Nintendo would be few and far between... And that Nintendo was focusing on the very casual which is true.

This guy was able to look three or four years into the future to discover that after this holiday season traditional Nintendo games will be few and far between? Because honestly, that's the only way that assertion could possibly be made right now. Unless he's reading Iwata's mind, which is also somewhat unlikely.

And shouldn't he be using that time machine for better things, like stealing PlayStation 4 specs and selling them to MS?

Legend11 said:

The problem is that nintendo only showed 2 new games: One of their main games (mario kart) and a game for casuals (wii fit).

But imo, they have way more 'hardcore' games on development than casual games right now.

Besides their main goal is to build a huge user base (on ps2/ds levels) after that, when all the 3rd party developers jump on the bandwagon there will be plenty of games -both for casuals and hardcore.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Hmm... Some time ago I posted a statement that definitely there won't be a PSP lite on E3. Probably there is a crow's dish also for me

Around the Network

Ok answer me this... Did Nintendo spend more time on casual games during their conference or hardcore games? What about when they talked and showed videos, were the majority of hardcore games playing or were they of casual gamers? I didn't see Nintendo's E3 presentation so I'm not sure of those answers so that's why I'm asking. But from what I heard it seemed that Nintendo focused a lot more on casual.

Legend11 said:

ps. If you read the article you'll see that Dave was talking about Nintendo and it's first party games...

As far as I know, Nintendo has announced two new games at this conference: Mario Kart and Wii Fit. I really don't see how that abandons the hardcore, as Nintendo didn't made oodles of games in the first place; their hardcore hits have always come at a pace of 2-3 a year, at best, and that seems to be continuing. How can you honestly say this shows they're abandoning the hardcore, or that they aren't producing any more hardcore games? It's as if any new casual announcement automatically means they are going completely casual and ignoring core gamers, even when Mario Kart Wii was announced at the same time. 

Here's an interesting link: http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=GC&publisher=&sort=Total

Look at the list of Nintendo produced titles from last generation that were top sellers. In the top 10, we have a Mario platformer, Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda, a Pokemon Battle Game, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing.

Thus far this generation, all of these games have either had sequels released or have had sequels announced save Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion (the former of which is definitely assumed to be in production). What more do you expect Legend? Nintendo has 5 major franchises (Mario Platformer, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers) and all 5 of those are/have been in production. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Legend11 said:
Ok answer me this... Did Nintendo spend more time on casual games during their conference or hardcore games? What about when they talked and showed videos, were the majority of hardcore games playing or were they of casual gamers? I didn't see Nintendo's E3 presentation so I'm not sure of those answers so that's why I'm asking. But from what I heard it seemed that Nintendo focused a lot more on casual.

Casual? Hardcore? What's the difference if it's electronics entertainment?

After all, isn't that what the E3 expo is all about?

Edit: All this labeling nonsense has got to stop - it's just silly. I am as hardcore and as casual as they get - I don't give a rat's ass what the hell people want to label me by - I just want to have fun. Whether it's my buddies and I being called "Flak Monkeys " and racking up "UNSTOPPABLEs" in UT2K4 or having a laugh with drinks while dancing like idiots with Warioware, guess what? I'm having fun - no, I'm having a blast, entertaining people, and being entertained myself.

RolStoppable said:
Legend11 said:

Halverson said that Nintendo will shift their focus from the hardcore to the casual to the very casual gamer. He also said:

"While the Wii definately has some great games left on the schedule (the same ones) along with a trickle of third-party exclusives, the future of the Wii does not revolve around us gamers."

If you paid attention to Nintendo's E3 they clearly stated that they will continue to deliver games (1st and 3rd party) to all types of gamers. I am not sure which kind of gamers Halverson means with "us gamers" since he refers to himself as casual but either he means hardcore or casual, Nintendo's focus is not on making games for the very casual gamer. 

Halverson is wrong and so are you. 

He means hardcore games... Like Super Mario Kart.  He didn't say those games would disappear just that they would be few and far between.  I guess we won't know until about 2 years from now who's right and who's wrong.  But I have to ask, during the conference did Nintendo spend more time on casual games or hardcore?  What game did they spend the most time on?  Super Mario Kart?  Did they have Shigeru and others playing it for the crowd?  Or was it some casual game that seems to be their new focus?

Lets just call it a draw and if we remember this a year or so from now we'll know who was right and who was wrong...