By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft supply issues in Japan(no more 360's till september)

http://kotaku.com/5039194/japan-is-totally-sold-out-of-xbox-360s-new-shipment-next-month

Kotaku reports there that 360's are sold out across the country and won't be restocked for 10 days, at least.

This is an unfortunate move, as it appears that any momentum, temporary as it may have been, would have been haulted by supply contratints of the console.

I think this might be considered pre-damage control, but due to this supply constrain, there is no doubt that the 360 will probably perform very poorly in the coming weeks in Japan.

Due to the small static amount of units that MS Japan would have needed to meet supply, it pains me to see how they didn't have at least a few extra units waiting in the wings. There was no doubt that eventually the console would sell 50,000 units in Japan, so making them wouldn't have been a loss to the company.

Statement from Microsoft is:

To all customers

We truly thank you for all your patronage in the past.

Currently, the Xbox 360 is sold out, and retailers are unable to restock their supply. This is a result of our own sales targets being exceeded by the actual customer sales. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience to our customers, retailers and business partners.

Here at Microsoft, we are moving forward quickly with console production, and plan to ship the standard Xbox 360 model out this September. Furthermore, we will sequentially be shipping out the Elite and the Arcade models. We ask that you please patiently wait until the console is shipped.

We truly thank you for your patronage hereafter.

Microsoft
Home and Entertainment HQ

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=38546

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Go Tales of 360! Whoo!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Clever girl. That was genius. Build up the demand for the product and let it burst during the moment you drop the price of the console. This is the same concept Nintendo used in the US.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Clever girl. That was genius. Build up the demand for the product and let it burst during the moment you drop the price of the console. This is the same concept Nintendo used in the US.

What are you talking about?

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network

:O u have to be fuckin' kidding me!!!

tales is a system seller

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

wow!!!!!!!!!bad microsoft, really bad!

patjuan32 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm talking about holding back whatever demand is left in Japan, until September when the 360 price drops. MS most likely will commercialize it to hell with the price drop and boast JRPG's (Even though timed exclusives). In simplistic terms, think about overly expanding Japan's balloon with hype and allowing the anticipation to weld up before it bursts until September when they ship the models to Japan. September is the month of the price drop, so it is the perfect time to give the Japanese a treat of this magnitude.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
patjuan32 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm talking about holding back whatever demand is left in Japan, until September when the 360 price drops. MS most likely will commercialize it to hell with the price drop and boast JRPG's (Even though timed exclusives). In simplistic terms, think about overly expanding Japan's balloon with hype and allowing the anticipation to weld up before it bursts until September when they ship the models to Japan. September is the month of the price drop, so it is the perfect time to give the Japanese a treat of this magnitude.

So basically they will hold back units now so they can sell them at a lower price later and make less money? Clever plan. I'll let you work out for yourself where the plan stops making sense.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall