By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft supply issues in Japan(no more 360's till september)

shanbcn said:
naznatips said:
mrstickball said:
They better get a huge shipment before IU launches...

Preorders for IU suggest less than 50K week 1... I don't think it's going to be a problem.

@Hanzo don't make baseless accusations without evidence.

Wow less then 50k week 1? And i was thinking IU will have bigger impact then Tales.

Tales is a pretty established series whereas IU is a totally new IP.  It's not one of the big guns (ala FF, DQ) but a pretty decent franchise nonetheless.  I would even say art style may have some impact as well.  Look at Trusty Bell's sales vs Lost Odyssey in Japan.  IU seems more western-oriented style than something like Tales.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

Eh yer running out of Wiis and Wii fit etc really damaged Nintendo in Japan right?, Oh no I just rembered it sold twice as many when stock was resupplied...

Shadowblind said:
heruamon said:
Too bad, but maybe M$ should look at doing a special Japanese TOV bundle pack.

You don't say....I think a bundle pack with ToV would sell quite well too. Perhaps in the 8k-10k region, and give the 360 just enough of a boost to make 24K sales.

hehe, good one! That had me cracking up!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Shadowblind said:
heruamon said:

You don't say....I think a bundle pack with ToV would sell quite well too. Perhaps in the 8k-10k region, and give the 360 just enough of a boost to make 24K sales.

Well as the PS3 is now down to 9,937 a week in Japan(with NO supply problems) that would still be a result for the 360......

reggie2 said:
Shadowblind said:
heruamon said:

Well as the PS3 is now down to 9,937 a week in Japan(with NO supply problems) that would still be a result for the 360......

its up by 2500,

around 13k this week though

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
reggie2 said:
Shadowblind said:
heruamon said:

its up by 2500,

around 13k this week though

7,943 (-35%)