By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who will win in a fight? Kratos or Link

irstupid said:
this is such a retarded question and people comparing of the games for relevance in how they fight.

That would make like all your precious final fantasy characters except 12 become total pussies then, because hey they just sit there and stand in a line while they wait for the opponent to "take his turn attacking"

You can't compare gameplay figthing to determine how a character woudl do fighting another.

What? You're nuts. First off these are both real time games so your FF comparison is bullshit since both of these have the same fighting reactions. Basically there is no arguing about that. Second if we were comparing FF characters they would be so overpowered and kick everyones ass. Have you seen FF:AC? There you go. they aren't standing around just looking at each other waiting for a command.

Around the Network

Kratos would scream at Link. But that would make Link mad, and so he'd scream at Kratos.

Then Kratos would brandish his weapons and scream again.

Then Link would do some twirly flourishes and scream some more.

Then Kratos would crouch down low to the ground and scream DBZ-style.

Then Link would rip his shirt off and do some sumo-style stomping from Twilight Princess, and then he'd scream.

Then Termina would crash into the planet, killing both of them along with everybody else. Verdict: DRAW.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

yea thats a movie. But you are comparing a slow moving around fighting adventure game vs a super fast quick just hack and slash

I would say sonic would own kratos if we are comparing then. no way kratos could hit sonic. or lets say Random sniper #6 from COD4 on some random level. Boom headshots kratos from afar.

comparing different worlds is stupid. you guys say kratos is a god and insane. In links world there is only 3 gods and you can't become one or anything. THe most powerful you can be is by having the triforce in which link has a piece. So they are both relatively gods or whateve rin their worlds. NOw just thinking fighting wise, i dont' know.

I have played both. Kratos is a mindless brute you just swing your weapon around and hack and slash non stop and you win. Link he don't fight as many enemies and usually involves a block and strike or some tactic (not difficult, but still you won't last good just running up and hacking non stop) So I would say the smarter is Link, and since he has ranged weapons he has advantage there. But again comparing two different style fighting games is stupid.

Comparing between teken or dead or alive. or zelda and okami. or kratos and heavenly sword bitch. Those you can do because they are the same type of game in fighting sense.

^ Read your name. It really does fit you. Kratos isnt a mindless brute. Pay attention while playing the game next time.

LOL MATURE said:
excellentbeing said:

wow datz a very bad comparison LOL MATURE

The link we are talking about is link from ocarina of time adult link(1) and he has many items he has other adventures but in a diffent game. He can hold numerous of items(2) if you didn't know so stop with the bad comparisons plz. Kratos really isn't strong with without his main weapon blades of chaos(3) (GoW & GoW:CoO) or Blades of athena (GoW 2) and magic powers. Link can kick azz with most of his weapons so get your facts straight(4)

1. Okay now that we established which link (One of the games I've played too) Let's talk about it.

2. No he can't hold numerous items. He can only hold three. There is no pause in this fight. So three weapons for C< C> and Cv And his shield and his sword.

3. Oh really? You obviously havent played the game... and even if "he isn't strong without it" he still has them... so why does it matter anyways. Anyways watch Kratos get Pandoras Box out of the temple. The box is made from fancy shit and is as big as him. And he was still able to carry it out. Link would not have been able to do that.

4. I think you need to get your facts straight you have no defense to my "Bad comparisons" please try to rebut my comparisons with facts and not "because I say so"

Also if we are going by game play.... Link would need to find these items... There is no way of avoiding not getting items in GoW. So Kratos has his weapons. Link may or may not.

hey man yur forgeting that the legend of zelda games have this weird two timeline differnet dimension thing, which the adult link in OoT appered in another game.

You must be forgetting that kratos and link st their menus, all the weapons and powers you see they have with at the spot (which is holding it but can use a few). Even if we were goin buy gameplay (meaning every items, weapon, and ability available to use at anytime near to the final boss)  

When I said strong without it, I wasn't talking physical strength. In the game Kratos blades of athena or choas are the main weapons. Without them, how he beat those gigantic enemies.

Around the Network

So I was about to say Kratos in all his dimembering glory, but then I realized that Link has defeated Ganondorf/Ganon on multiple occasions. Now, Ganondorf himself is the closest thing to a God we have in LoZ games with his power, and he is a major badass just by himself, brute force and all. You all are also forgetting the Light arrows, which are a gift from the gods to kill apparently god-like beings. To wrap it up, after hours and hours of shielding and rolling/dodging Link will figure out how to use the Light arrows and actually do some serious damage.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835