By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who will win in a fight? Kratos or Link

Staude said:
i think this is kinda fitting.. found it on newgrounds randomly.. here are two pics from it.... you can watch the full video by following the link. The rest of it is irrelevent though.

He didn't even use the sharp side of his blade. Hi's that powerful.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/426802

Priceless :D

Around the Network

Link beats Kratos because the Zelda games have made more money for their developers than the God of War games have. =)

That's the industry view. Money talks, BS walks.

Game Industry >>>> fanboys.

Please pick up your giftwrapped arses at the door. Thanks.

Phasma said:
deathcape said:
Phasma said:
deathcape said:
Poll is leaning towards Link...still

meh...common sense= Link

fanboyish= Kratos

I mean..honestly..
Kratos can kill people in a cool way..cool=/=not efficient..

cool = always inefficient

Link works differently and would Kill kratos in about 4 tries..Kratos would have to die a million times and come back before scratching Link...

but..fine...the only people leaning towards kratos..are people who love his bad-ass attitude and bad-ass moves...

and don't care about how powerful Link/ Link's moves are...just because they're not flashy enough

Actually  no, I have played all Zelda games and i lean toward kratos cos really, Link wouldn't stand a change, and the Zelda fanboys (This is the truth) can't really accept that. You can tell all that by the poll results. Zelda games have been around for a long time, while gow games for a whole lot less. So in conclusion= Zelda, been for long leads the poll by few votes, and haves the support of fanboys. Kratos=Been for a little while and almost at the poll lead, many votes because he clearly would be the one to win and many have used common sense and voted for him, but like everyone knows there are too many fanboys around to vote. Look at how many votes sackboy got already. (Even how much you deny it you know deep down it's the truth.)

you didn't counter any of my arguments...and the way you explained it..it means there are alot of Sony fanboys..who voted Sackboy and Kratos, while most people voted Link even though at first it looks like he would lose..honestly..

Link has about all the moves Kratos has..or at least a counter against all if you count up the series..

you're the one who wants to deny this..and if you ever finished all Zelda games you would not be shouting Kratos right now..honestly...not a chance

you can't prove how kratos would even touch a single hair on Link's head...so you go on talking about random stuff..about why people vote for him

instead of proving to me..and others that kratos would actually beat link...you don't show any moves or techinques..no facts..not arguments

want some of mine? Cane of Byrna/Nayru's Love/Magic Armor

Mirror Shield

Master sword, Four Sword, Phantom Sword

if you played any Zelda games...just remember these items and their powers...and you might see the big problem with kratos even touching Link

Oh come on, many have already explained Link and Kratos over and over and Kratos to pwn is common sense. Also Kratos has also the ability to counter almost all Link powers, and therefore his fighting is 100x better than links and that means Links head is rolling on the floor. The funny thing is that fanboys think that Link, a hybrid between a emo and a "man" who doesn't know if he wants to take it up the ass or not is going to win :D

so..you're stating that you don't like Link at all..and he's not bad-ass...so kratos wins?

how pathetic..this is not a 'coolness' contest..

but a contest of power...not brute force..like Kratos..but power in general..

and the way you put it..nobody would win...yet..you haven't proven any of my points wrong..

so my opinion still stands..>_<

Link would own Kratos in five seconds..'cause Kratos cannot even touch him...no matter how much sword skill he has..he can't even put a dent in Link's shield

deathcape said:
Phasma said:
deathcape said:
Phasma said:
deathcape said:

meh...common sense= Link

fanboyish= Kratos

I mean..honestly..

Link works differently and would Kill kratos in about 4 tries..Kratos would have to die a million times and come back before scratching Link...

but..fine...the only people leaning towards kratos..are people who love his bad-ass attitude and bad-ass moves...

and don't care about how powerful Link/ Link's moves are...just because they're not flashy enough

Actually  no, I have played all Zelda games and i lean toward kratos cos really, Link wouldn't stand a change, and the Zelda fanboys (This is the truth) can't really accept that. You can tell all that by the poll results. Zelda games have been around for a long time, while gow games for a whole lot less. So in conclusion= Zelda, been for long leads the poll by few votes, and haves the support of fanboys. Kratos=Been for a little while and almost at the poll lead, many votes because he clearly would be the one to win and many have used common sense and voted for him, but like everyone knows there are too many fanboys around to vote. Look at how many votes sackboy got already. (Even how much you deny it you know deep down it's the truth.)

you didn't counter any of my arguments...and the way you explained it..it means there are alot of Sony fanboys..who voted Sackboy and Kratos, while most people voted Link even though at first it looks like he would lose..honestly..

Link has about all the moves Kratos has..or at least a counter against all if you count up the series..

you're the one who wants to deny this..and if you ever finished all Zelda games you would not be shouting Kratos right now..honestly...not a chance

you can't prove how kratos would even touch a single hair on Link's head...so you go on talking about random stuff..about why people vote for him

instead of proving to me..and others that kratos would actually beat link...you don't show any moves or techinques..no facts..not arguments

Mirror Shield

if you played any Zelda games...just remember these items and their powers...and you might see the big problem with kratos even touching Link

Oh come on, many have already explained Link and Kratos over and over and Kratos to pwn is common sense. Also Kratos has also the ability to counter almost all Link powers, and therefore his fighting is 100x better than links and that means Links head is rolling on the floor. The funny thing is that fanboys think that Link, a hybrid between a emo and a "man" who doesn't know if he wants to take it up the ass or not is going to win :D

so..you're stating that you don't like Link at all..and he's not bad-ass...so kratos wins?

and the way you put it..nobody would win...yet..you haven't proven any of my points wrong..

Link would own Kratos in five seconds..'cause Kratos cannot even touch him...no matter how much sword skill he has..he can't even put a dent in Link's shield

What ever helps you sleep at night :D

I can tell someone hasn't played the game...

Around the Network
deathcape said:
Phasma said:
deathcape said:
Phasma said:
deathcape said:

meh...common sense= Link

fanboyish= Kratos

I mean..honestly..

Mirror Shield

Please read this entirely:

Look at the bolded.  That's already enough proof, Kratos is quite simply too powerful for Link to handle in terms of brute force.  You're still using gameplay in your argument, that's why no one is giving you any details.  There's no need for an excessive amount of "but Link could do this if Kratos did that" or "Link has this, so there's no way he could lose" blah blah blah.  You're giving details alright, they're just useless. Important:  Kratos isn't going to abide by the same rules that the enemies in Zelda do because he's not from the same series!  1. You can't prove that Link's shield would survive a strike from Kratos. 2. You can't even prove that Link can use all of those weapons in an effective manner because almost all of them aren't even implemented heavily enough into the storyline of Zelda.  Plus several of them are from different Zelda games with different storylines, you gotta pick one.      

So what now?  How do we argue?  How can we agree on an even playing field for both characters so that no one can spout random BS that hasn't even been done in the gameplay of the game.  That's right, STORYLINE!!!

And by the simple knowledge that Kratos has killed two Gods, came back from hell after being killed, and is extremely agile and strong; as opposed to Link, who is an average human with the need of a multitude of items for his strengths, no natural powers (depending on the Zelda you'd choose in your argument), a guy with a sword and shield, not very strong or agile in comparison to Kratos who's best feat is that he killed Ganon: The king of thieves *huff *heave* that's all that needs to be said to know that Kratos would murder Link.

"But Naryus Lov-" NO!! You can't prove that it would even withstand against Kratos simply because he's not apart of Zelda's world.  Plus it's not even required in OoT, nor is it a main part of the story.

"But Oni Lin-" OBJECTION!! Oni Link just like Naryus love are not main parts of the storyline, plus the Deity mask is a sidequest just like Naryus love. 

Now hopefully someone will lock this thread and keep it's annoyance gone. *wink *wink @ mods or anybody that has the power to do so.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

swyggi said:
deathcape said:
Phasma said:
deathcape said:
Phasma said:
deathcape said:

meh...common sense= Link

fanboyish= Kratos

I mean..honestly..

Mirror Shield

Please read this entirely:

Look at the bolded.  That's already enough proof, Kratos is quite simply too powerful for Link to handle in terms of brute force.  You're still using gameplay in your argument, that's why no one is giving you any details.  There's no need for an excessive amount of "but Link could do this if Kratos did that" or "Link has this, so there's no way he could lose" blah blah blah.  You're giving details alright, they're just useless. Important:  Kratos isn't going to abide by the same rules that the enemies in Zelda do because he's not from the same series!  1. You can't prove that Link's shield would survive a strike from Kratos. 2. You can't even prove that Link can use all of those weapons in an effective manner because almost all of them aren't even implemented heavily enough into the storyline of Zelda.  Plus several of them are from different Zelda games with different storylines, you gotta pick one.      

So what now?  How do we argue?  How can we agree on an even playing field for both characters so that no one can spout random BS that hasn't even been done in the gameplay of the game.  That's right, STORYLINE!!!

And by the simple knowledge that Kratos has killed two Gods, came back from hell after being killed, and is extremely agile and strong; as opposed to Link, who is an average human with the need of a multitude of items for his strengths, no natural powers (depending on the Zelda you'd choose in your argument), a guy with a sword and shield, not very strong or agile in comparison to Kratos who's best feat is that he killed Ganon: The king of thieves *huff *heave* that's all that needs to be said to know that Kratos would murder Link.

"But Naryus Lov-" NO!! You can't prove that it would even withstand against Kratos simply because he's not apart of Zelda's world.  Plus it's not even required in OoT, nor is it a main part of the story.

"But Oni Lin-" OBJECTION!! Oni Link just like Naryus love are not main parts of the storyline, plus the Deity mask is a sidequest just like Naryus love. 

Now hopefully someone will lock this thread and keep it's annoyance gone. *wink *wink @ mods or anybody that has the power to do so.

so ka...well..I'f we're gonna look at only story..I guess there is a problem...

I mean..I was assuming gameplay....but okay..sure story..

sadly..GoW makes no sense with Greek Mythology...so ^^'' I can't say how strong the Gods in there are compared to the actual stories..

and..well since I was measuring the characters at full potential, with all of the INGAME moves..only Link can Win..

but LOL Zleda hardly has any action cinematics?..or action storyline?...so I guess Kratos would win that way...

wich is just plain bizarre..(thought we were talking about the characters...not the storues)

I guess my apologies then

Ummm, yeah....

Nor can you (or anyone) prove that Link's shield could NOT stop an attack by Kratos. This is a pointless arguement because the very universes are incompatible. However, since people insist upon arguement - here's something even more useless....

My level 75 Stormcaller (or lvl 72 Diviner) from Titan Quest would own both Link and Kratos. However, my level 93 FoH/Hammerdin from Diablo would beat any character from Titan Quest. Therefore "Glaamdring the FoH Hammerer" rules all.
Go Glaamdring!

Pointless!!!!

Double Post

Then can we end this thread finally deathcape and everyone else? Yes, I know the simple solution would be to never visit it..............um, I guess if your curious anybody could read my profile to find out why I have trouble doing so. Maybe everyone else here also has this problem lol.

Look, I'll hug you *hugs you* Can we both walk away now? No sarcasm, no trash talk, we shake hands, put on a bonfire and call it quitz?

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*