By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on PS3: You're "paying for potential"

He kind of said what I've been thinking all along, and that's (wait).

Wait for this, wait for that. Just wait we still have 10 years to go.

Who keeps there system for 10 years? I mean how many people have a PS2 and a PS3 and still buy PS2 games?

The PS3 needs to lose the "this game is being delayed" and start focusing on releasing more games.

But I must say I LOVE my WARHAWK !!!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

This must be the best so far, well maybe after 4D graphics, but the joke is so worn.

You're paying for potential. Well, basically that's what you usually do when buying high-performance cars for example, but atleast it's customers decision whether to use the potential or not.

Anyways, what kind of retard that guy is? I thought Sony had made its PR better in general, but in the last few monts, Sony seems to have been back to its old self.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Wait. I thought purchasing a product was about immediate or very-near future gratification. Does this guy not understand how consumerism works? We're not investing in stocks here.

I get a very bad feeling about the course that Sony is running their gaming division.

@Millennium: You got it all wrong, if it's coming, it's not actually potential. Potential is what could be coming.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

PS3 is more expensive
=
PS3 has a BR player while Xbox360 has not.

that is pretty easy.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

So we're paying for potential ... Ok, I'll hold off buying it until the potential has been realized to a level where it justifies the additional cost.

bdbdbd said:
@Millennium: You got it all wrong, if it's coming, it's not actually potential. Potential is what could be coming.

If you go by that definition, then it's an even worse reason to get a console.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

BKK2 said:

C&VG are wrongly attributing an old comment by Howard Stringer to Steingberg. Steingberg didn't actually mention potential, that was just Gamasutra mentioning Stringer's past comment in the article.

People! How many of you read the original article like BKK2 did?

Because, having checked this myself, he is absolutely right, this is a mistake on CVG's behalf.

There were a lot of rookies that had potential but never fully realized it. Now they are just bench warmers or out of the league. I hope the PS3 isn't Sony's version of Kwame Brown...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Out of context... not news... pls read first before commenting, etc. etc.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...