By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on PS3: You're "paying for potential"

StanGable said:
I tell you what, I like Sony's statement cuz that means that I can buy this console in 10 years way cheaper than it is now and play the games I might miss on like MGS 4, also at a discount rate. Good job Sony, you got me to buy your PS3 in 9 years!!!

you won't buy it, you'll be too busy playing xbox 4 and running kissing booths, while sony is selling cream pies with pictures of your ladies twat beneath the filling.

Around the Network

I don't pay for potential, I pay to have a great gaming experience which I find on the xbox360

theprof00 said:
StanGable said:
I tell you what, I like Sony's statement cuz that means that I can buy this console in 10 years way cheaper than it is now and play the games I might miss on like MGS 4, also at a discount rate. Good job Sony, you got me to buy your PS3 in 9 years!!!

you won't buy it, you'll be too busy playing xbox 4 and running kissing booths, while sony is selling cream pies with pictures of your ladies twat beneath the filling.

I disagree with the analogy, but high points for a Revenge of the Nerds reference.

I give that post a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

The only reason to even consider a PS3 at this time is because of BR, and $600 for something that looks slightly better than DVD is not worth it.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

GIVE US PLAYTV IN NA!!!

Around the Network
Profcrab said:
theprof00 said:
StanGable said:

I disagree with the analogy, but high points for a Revenge of the Nerds reference.

I give that post a 9.7.

ps4 will totally outsell xbox4, it will just take some likability. i think the best way would be to wear the xbox4 faceplates and have sex with an xbox owner then take it off after showing how good it was on the ps3 side.

Bodhesatva said:

Even putting aside the validity of the "ten year plan" for the moment, this is just bad marketing. Which would you choose:

1) Pay more money for "potential" today
2) Pay less money when said "potential" is fulfilled later

That's not smart marketing. You want to convince people, today, that the machine you have is the best one to buy, right now. Even if you have (very lofty) long term goals.

Seriously true.  I just can't understand why Sony would be saying this... I mean I know their game library is thinner than they'd like it to be, but they should at least pretend like they have an awesome library 'now' for marketing purposes.

This is just Sony aiming the gun squarely at the foot, and pulling the trigger over and over again :/

I have to say it gets real old when people post stuff about games that are suppose to be better on one console than the other with no proof or taken things out of context. We have seen the screens for all those games and you statments( jankazimierz) are just untrue. Why do you bother with fud like that it just makes you look silly. DJ I have to say you complaining about anti sony stuff your always there for anti ms stuff even when the news is fairly good lol double standerds.

Well, if potential's the case, I'll buy my PS3 when I always said I would, whenever the PS3 Slim comes out.

If the Slim never comes out, I guess never will be the time I buy it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Bodhesatva said:

Even putting aside the validity of the "ten year plan" for the moment, this is just bad marketing. Which would you choose:

1) Pay more money for "potential" today
2) Pay less money when said "potential" is fulfilled later

That's not smart marketing. You want to convince people, today, that the machine you have is the best one to buy, right now. Even if you have (very lofty) long term goals.

The thing is though, that the people that read this aren't the people they're marketing to.

This interview isn't gonna be on GMA or the Today show, or on the news.  It'll be on the 'net for fanboys and girls to read, people who don't care what Sony P.R. says.

That's why I don't understand the big to-do about Sony PR when it doesn't even apply to the people they're speaking to