By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others numbers are up.

Wii Fit just passed COD4 360. Should pass Halo 3 in a couple months.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

Insane.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
FishyJoe said:

Insane.

Not insane just plain sick.

36 of the top 50 in Others is for Nintendo consoles if than doesnt change the mind of the third partys I dont know what can.

can the wii pass 31 million this week? Last week was a low ball in america, can the go up to 180K - 190K this week and 40K in Japan to pass the 31M mark?

Back on topic; Wow at DS sales; Wii is selling crazely seeming as though nothing has come out of interest in a long time; 360 is ahead of PS3 for sure this week.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Around the Network

The PS3 can't be restocked soon enough, especially in the US.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

Oh crap sales for PS3 look very low. I believe they must be under tracked.

ruibing said:
The PS3 can't be restocked soon enough, especially in the US.

Stop lying to yourself... there is not a PS3 shortage.

MANUELF said:
36 of the top 50 in Others is for Nintendo consoles if than doesnt change the mind of the third partys I dont know what can.

I don't agree at all.  19 of those 36, including 10 of the top charting 12 Wii/DS titles are Nintendo-published games.  And you can add one more in each of those categories for Sega-developed Sonic and Mario, which, of course, has Mario in the title.  Take out the power of Activision/guitar Hero brand name and you get not a lot else.

You have Carnival Games, a Wii-sports ripoff and Ubisoft's wierdly popular Imagine games.  and that's about it for that top 50.  What in there inspires any non-superpowers (i.e. NOT E.A./Ubi/Activision) to actually go crazy in Nintendo development.  They are always going to get crushed by the first party titles.  Yes, they can make money on shovelware, but it just doesn't seem like good business right now to invest a lot of cash into developing for Nintendo platforms if you are a smaller publisher - again, other than cheapie ports or shovelware games.

It's easy to look at all the DS and Wii games and have your opinion, but if you really look at it, it shows another story for the 3rd parties.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

fastyxx said:
MANUELF said:

I don't agree at all.  19 of those 36, including 10 of the top charting 12 Wii/DS titles are Nintendo-published games.  And you can add one more in each of those categories for Sega-developed Sonic and Mario, which, of course, has Mario in the title.  Take out the power of Activision/guitar Hero brand name and you get not a lot else.

You have Carnival Games, a Wii-sports ripoff and Ubisoft's wierdly popular Imagine games.  and that's about it for that top 50.  What in there inspires any non-superpowers (i.e. NOT E.A./Ubi/Activision) to actually go crazy in Nintendo development.  They are always going to get crushed by the first party titles.  Yes, they can make money on shovelware, but it just doesn't seem like good business right now to invest a lot of cash into developing for Nintendo platforms if you are a smaller publisher - again, other than cheapie ports or shovelware games.

It's easy to look at all the DS and Wii games and have your opinion, but if you really look at it, it shows another story for the 3rd parties.

Couldn't have said it better.