By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who was a better President: George Bush or Bill Clinton?

I like Clinton better...

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Seriously...how the fuck can anyone say George Bush? Really, pardon my language, but Bill Clinton was an amazing president. If there's one person I would want to be, it's Monica Lewinsky. Clinton did amazing things with the economy, and Bush let the market go into the pooper. Now you could claim that it's not really Bush's fault, as nothing could stop rising energy costs, the declining housing market, etc. But at least Bill Clinton wouldn't have sat on his ass while a category 5 hurricane ripped through a major city and inflation sped up and the housing market collapsed and the nation's kids became idiots and the government was full of corrupt politicians. He would have done more than just give the citizens a little more money. You know, because that's the ultimate way to help an economy suffering from inflation.

I forget which album it was on, but I think David Cross said it best when he said every American that voted for Bush did so because he could give them a free foot massage.

MontanaHatchet said:

If there's one person I would want to be, it's Monica Lewinsky.

LOL, QOTD.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Anyone that says Bush is better is a @#$%ing moron. That is all.
He lied about having sex? So @#$%ing what?

MontanaHatchet said:
Seriously...how the fuck can anyone say George Bush? Really, pardon my language, but Bill Clinton was an amazing president. If there's one person I would want to be, it's Monica Lewinsky. Clinton did amazing things with the economy, and Bush let the market go into the pooper. Now you could claim that it's not really Bush's fault, as nothing could stop rising energy costs, the declining housing market, etc. But at least Bill Clinton wouldn't have sat on his ass while a category 5 hurricane ripped through a major city and inflation sped up and the housing market collapsed and the nation's kids became idiots and the government was full of corrupt politicians. He would have done more than just give the citizens a little more money. You know, because that's the ultimate way to help an economy suffering from inflation.

Even though I know Clinton was the better president, you are giving him far too much credit. The President takes the blame/success of the economy, that is it. He does not influence it, hell Congress struggle to try to influence it. The economy fluxes back and forth, and it would have eventually turned south whether it was with a Democrat or a Republican, all you can do is try to prolong it, which actually makes it worse.

Just Bush's dumb luck that it happened right in the middle of two wars, an energy and housing market crisis, and a domestic attack.

But while Clinton was a good president, he is not amazing, and wont hit the top 15. Bush will drop for a long time because his administration's various scandals and everything, but he already accomplished what his legacy will be, which is handling 9/11 very very well. I am at least glad  we had him in office then instead of Gore. What is Clinton's legacy? His sex scandal comes to mind for most people.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Pardon me, but you didn't really give many examples for Clinton's competency.  Furthermore, you did say we could say nothing could stop the current economic problems, so what would Clinton have done but sit there?

I hope I'm not getting on everyone's nerves.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Clinton, Bush is just terrible.

Pixel Art can be fun.

If Bush handled 9/11 well, we'd have Bin Laden. We're in 2 wars at once, and capturing Bin Laden is not our goal in either war.

And why the random Gore hate? We don't know what he would've done about 9/11. But I have a hunch he wouldn't be reading The Pet Goat and sitting still while the 2nd plane hit. And I'm pretty sure he cares more about alternative energy than to blow trillions of dollars in Iraq, which was never a threat to the U.S.

If Gore was president, we'd all have hydrogen hovermobiles by now, and the oil crisis wouldn't be ruining the entire economy.

This is Bush AFTER the 1st plane hit:

He's thinking really hard, "Damn I miss my old job running a baseball team."

But most importantly, Clinton was the better president, because Bush voted against letting Yamauchi buy the Seattle Mariners (to keep them in Seattle) because he was a racist who didn't want a foreigner to own a U.S. team (to keep them from moving). FUCK BUSH. HE IS ANTI-NINTENDO. FUCK HIM.

Bush...
Under him, there's never been a recession
Terrorist got stronger under Clinton, Bush stopped them.
The official count of homeless went from 175,000 to 120,000
The # of Minority owned buisness went up over 40% compared to Clinton
Economy wasn't falsely boomed by the .com era
Americans could keep more money from tax cuts
Economy grown every quarter since Bush started, dispise 9-11, Hurricain Katrina, Mortgage crisis and war in Iraq
Moral leadership returned to the white house. (No lying to Grand Jury, ect)

Also, anyone saying people not saying Clinton is an idiot is very rude.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

If Bush handled 9/11 well, we'd have Bin Laden. We're in 2 wars at once, and capturing Bin Laden is not our goal in either war.

And why the random Gore hate? We don't know what he would've done about 9/11. But I have a hunch he wouldn't be reading The Pet Goat and sitting still while the 2nd plane hit. And I'm pretty sure he cares more about alternative energy than to blow trillions of dollars in Iraq, which was never a threat to the U.S.

If Gore was president, we'd all have hydrogen hovermobiles by now, and the oil crisis wouldn't be ruining the entire economy.

How is not getting Osama Bin Laden mean failing in responding to 9/11? We took out the group who did it. And their leader will be in hiding for the rest of his life, if he is even still alive. And if you havent paid attention, we have had many of our troops in Afghanistan whose entire goal is to find Bin Laden. Bush even has upped the search to try and help his legacy, but he wont find him because he wont go into Pakistan.

And you criticize Bush for taking asecond to sit back and contemplate what is the best action to do once the news hit? I am sure the entire US population stopped for a second to think what will happen now. I can understand the criticism for Katrina, that is unacceptable, but that is just stupid to criticize Bush because he took a few minutes to finish what he was doing for the kids so he wouldn't freak them out.

And on to Mr. Gore. He might have been a pretty good president, but not the kind we needed to handle 9/11. Im sorry but I want a strong, militaristic President to handle those kinds of issues, which is the reason why Bush had a pretty high approval rating and was re-elected. No matter how much you might hate him now, and how much UnKool-Aid you are drinking, Bush handled 9/11 very well, and I am grateful for that.

Now, Iraq is a different situation and there is many faults to it which causes Bush to go below Clinton. I'm not doubting that, but I merely stated that Bush's first term went pretty well, and if he stopped there, he might be competing with Clinton in this debate, but since his second term, its not close at all. Clinton was a better president.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!