By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Onimusha12 said:

The game is considered by most fans of the series to be the weakest instalment to date and reviews have been fairly mixed. Despite heavy advertising for the game and a shipment order of 2m units, the game has performed modestly and if its legs don't hold up it could easily be just another casualty of the HD movement.

In the end the biggest selling point of this game everyone agrees is the Star Wars tie in, outside of that it would have been lucky to see the sales of Virtua Fighter 5.

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles.

Umm most SC players I've met think SC3 is easily the worst in the series (though still good).  And do you think a review average of 85% is really "mixed?" 

Around the Network

Sc4 did good first week.

soul caliber 2 was a big disappointment for me(also hated sc3)
the first one was the best....i lost interest in soul caliber games(after buying sc2)...

trestres said:
@Pristine: SSBB is actually on the rise when compared to previous iterations.

I personally don't classify SSBB with other fighting games. It feels more like a parody of guest characters like Ergheiz on ps1.

Also, its on the rise because of curiousity generated by the wii's success

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:

The game is considered by most fans of the series to be the weakest instalment to date and reviews have been fairly mixed. Despite heavy advertising for the game and a shipment order of 2m units, the game has performed modestly and if its legs don't hold up it could easily be just another casualty of the HD movement.

In the end the biggest selling point of this game everyone agrees is the Star Wars tie in, outside of that it would have been lucky to see the sales of Virtua Fighter 5.

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles.

Because all FPS games sell like Halo 3 and COD4 right? Ever heard of other games like Quake Wars and Soldier of Fortune?

OT, fighting games have been on the decline this generation. They used to be the epitome of multiplayer enjoyment back in the day. As for SC4, I think it's more gimped than the previous iteration. You can't even get hits in after giving someone a GI! That said, I still love the game especially the customizations of the special vs mode!

While there is certainly no shortage of FPSs that have failed, I see no end of them in the near future. Eitherway if you want a game that has any chance of selling decently on the HD consoles, you need a weapon with reloadable amunition in the game.

So even FFXIII won't sell much. Oblivion sold like crap too. You seem to have a serious bias against HD gaming that is borderline ridiculous. Perhaps in the near future when HD is the only format around, you won't be playing any more games.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
Kyros said:

it could easily be just another casualty of the HD movement.

LOL a game sold 700k first week and is a casualty of the HD movement. Funny. The post would be more intelligent if fighting games were much more successful on the only SD console of this generation.

What is even more ironic is that Capcom released an Action Adventure offshoot for the Wii. Which bombed. So apparently transforming a franchise to a more "modern" game type is not exactly limited to HD consoles.

1. The Wii actually has much more succeful fighting games, Super Smash Bros. Brawl anyone?

2. Soul Callibur is made by Bandai Namco, not Capcom.

3. Soul Callibur spin off for the Wii was developer by the lowest tier developer Bandai Namco had and even they admitted it was a terrible game.

4. Soul Callibur for the Wii was made a different genre because it was easier to develop, not because that genre was the popular mainstay of the console. Context before Content Kyros, Context before Content.

Get your facts strait before you troll Kyros, you're just making yourself look bad.

So becaue of one game that has a questionable status as a fighter, the wii now sells fighting games. The wii just sells nintendo games (along with a few other "mishaps"). SSBB is one of them.

lol @ Onimusha12

you fail

1. The Wii actually has much more succeful fighting games, Super Smash Bros. Brawl anyone?

The Wii has ONE successful fighting game and honestly BRAWL is barely remotely related to SC4, VF5, DoA, Tekken ...

2. Soul Callibur is made by Bandai Namco, not Capcom.

Ups that of course changes my statement completely

3. Soul Callibur spin off for the Wii was developer by the lowest tier developer Bandai Namco had and even they admitted it was a terrible game.

Damage Control? You said they would need to make a Soul Calibur FPS to succeed on the HD consoles and they made a Soul Calibur Action-Adventure for the Wii. I think thats ironic.

4. Soul Callibur for the Wii was made a different genre because it was easier to develop, not because that genre was the popular mainstay of the console.

Yeah sure. because fighter games are so popular on the Wii it has all the great franchises on its system like Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur. Oh wait it doesn't. Those are on HD consoles.

Wow you fail in so many different categories its funny to watch.

@Pristine20....Final fantasy 13 will have guns in some shape or form.

@Onimusha12 Also SC3 is widely considered the bad seed in the franchise.

Onimusha12 said:

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles

Games that arent FPS that sold million(s) on HD consoles

1. Gran Turismo 5 Pro

2. Heavenly Sword

3. Devil May Cry

4. Assassins Creed

5. Mass effect

6. Motorstorm

7. Guitar hero

8. Forza

9. Uncharted

10. madden 06, 07,08

11.All Fifa's

12. MGS4

13. GTA4

14. Pro Evolution

15. Ratchet & Clank

16. Elder Scrolls (well u can play in FP mode but its not a FPS)

17. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

18. Saints Row

19. Fight Night Round 3

20. Dead Rising

21. Rock band

22. Crack down

23. PGR3

24. Both Need For Speeds

25. Viva Pinata

26. WWE smackdown

27. Splinter Cell

28. Kane & Lynch

29. DEAD OR ALIVE (and this one is a fighting game)

Im not even gonna talk about up and coming games that will (and i quote) "compete realistically on the HD consoles"

Fail