By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@ Kyros
i agree with you

i proved him wrong with a list and he still says half the games dont count because they are 1st party or racing or fake FPS (splinter cell).
Hes complete fail

Around the Network
Dno said:
Onimusha12 said:
Dno said:
Onimusha12 said:

The game is considered by most fans of the series to be the weakest instalment to date and reviews have been fairly mixed. Despite heavy advertising for the game and a shipment order of 2m units, the game has performed modestly and if its legs don't hold up it could easily be just another casualty of the HD movement.

In the end the biggest selling point of this game everyone agrees is the Star Wars tie in, outside of that it would have been lucky to see the sales of Virtua Fighter 5.

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles

Games that arent FPS that sold million(s) on HD consoles

1. Gran Turismo 5 Pro

First Party game, and okay, I change my previous statement, maybe they should make Sould Calibur an FPS or Luxury Car Racer, lol.

Still sold over 2 million and its not a FPS? your running out of genres to add to the "HD only sells" list

Taking my original statement a tad too literally aren't we?

2. Heavenly Sword

First Party game, and even then unless it has broken the 1,300,000 mark in sales its safe to assume its not made its money back yet, and even if it were to, it would be a very slim margin of profit.

It still sold over 1 million and it came out of the slowest and lowest userbase this gen. Sony said themselves that a title needs to sell a million make a PROFIT. ill trust sony before i trust you

Really, because all other developers say HD games at the very least need to sell 1,300,000 to break even. Even if it has turned a profit, I can assure you, it's a very small one.

3. Devil May Cry

The game barely sold as much as its previous iterations and for all the advertising and development put into the title, its sales are still somewhat dissapointing.

But it out sold a previous title that was on the ps2 and the ps2 had what 100 million consoles sold? Going be you logic nintendo is COMPLETE fail because mario did not sell 15 million copies like mario 3 did. Fail 

DMC4 was also far more heavily advertised than any DMC game on the PS2 and considering the previous title was following up one of the worst games ever made last generation, its no wonder people weren't willing to trust the franchise yet.

Super Mario 3 was bundled with the SNES, Super Mario Galaxy wasn't.

4. Assassins Creed

Yes, because that's the kind of game you want to use as a testament to the quality taste of HD gaming. I guess competing realistically means making Prince of Persia clones.

Actually if you would stop putting your foot in you mouth and play it you would no that its more like a GTA clone then the prince. And guess what? it sold over 3 million. Fail

Really, a GTA clone, that's a new one. It was still considered mediocre no matter how much it sold which doesn't speak very highly of the user base.

5. Mass effect

Since EA is $95 million dollars in debt as of the first quarter I think its safe to assume we can discount any of their games as competing realistically in any market.

But EA is the number 1 3rd party? and their number 1 game is madden and it didnt come out yet.... Care to make a bet on EAs profits next quater?

Really, EA hasn't been doing well the whole generation, and taking that into consideration I don't think I'd be willing to consider any endeavors of their thus far something worth noting as evidence of that game doing well on the HD consoles. Unless you're going to list Madden as the only game by EA in your list, you have no basis to try and default on that as an excuse 

6. Motorstorm

Again, first party support, and bundled in some regions. Nice try.

What does 1st party have to do with everything? i dont under stand because its 1st party then it doesnt count? and motorstorm was at 1 million BEFORE it was bundled. Nice try. Fail

since the game in question is third party, it goes without saying that a first party title is exempt from the standard. Again, a racing game though.

7. Guitar hero

Which sells far better on the PS2 and Wii than either of the HD consoles.

OMG CALL THE COPS!!! A GAME SOLD MORE ON A 120 MILLION USERBASE AND THE NUMBER ONE NEXT GEN SYSTEM OMG!!!!!! fAIL

Then how do you explain it selling more on the Wii than the 360?

8. Forza

Again, First Party support, and a racer, so we have FPSs and Racers, congrats.

Again 1st party games dont count? then you "non-HD wii" is in trouble because as i recall all Wii games that are selling are from nintendo. Fail

Third Party developers are still making more money per invested dollar off the Wii than they are off the HD consoles. Nice try. Fail.

9. Uncharted

A First party game and one that's only barely broken the 1,300,000 barrier of making its money back. There is some realism for you.

You cant even give me realism because you dont under stand that games on HD consoles sell. since when is 1 million sells bad?

1 Million is bad because you need to sell at least 1.3 m to break even and 2.6 m to earn a profit equal to your investment. It's no surprise that with how much more expensive HD gaming is, it will take more units sold than it did last generation to make decent money.

10. madden 06, 07,08

Since EA is $95 million dollars in debt as of the first quarter I think its safe to assume we can discount any of their games as competing realistically in any market.

But madden sells better on 360 the wii? Hmmmm i guess we can safely assume that they are wasting their money on non HD systems them?

If they're not making a profit, then yeah.

11.All Fifa's

Hmmm how many million has fifa sold on 360... then how many on wii? FAIL

but if they're still not making a profit does it matter how many are sold?

12. MGS4

Yeah, it only took 70 million dollars, four years of development, being hyped more than any game ever in existence, BUNDLED WITH THE DAMN CONSOLE AT A BARGAIN DEAL to sell as well as it has. I sure hope all developers can afford to put this much money and effort into one game per generation to compete realistically on the HD consoles.

over 2 MILLION in sales in 1-2 months.... and wii sports was bundle from the start. and wii play.. etc so lets not count those and lets see how much nintendo games sell.

Quite a good number actually, SMG, SSBB, MKWII, WiiFit, etc, etc, etc. FAIL.

13. GTA4

Yeah, it only took 100 million dollars and years of development to make a game that could hope to muscle its money back.

hahahahha that games sold over 5 million only a FOOL would think it didnt make its money back.... LMAO FAIL

I never said it didn't make its money back, just that if this is what it takes for a game to make a substantial profit then most developers might as well just pack up and find a new job.

14. Pro Evolution

Again, sports games, congrats, you've definitly reached for the higher ground here, these still sell better on the PS2 consoles. I'm sure Soccer Games are why you choose HD gaming.

OMG A GAMES SELL MORE ON A SYSTEM WITH A HIGHER USERBASE OMG!!!!!!! there are a lot of people ("others") that bought HD gaming for sports.

And guess what, each unit made more money for the company on the PS2 too, pitty how expensive HD gaming is, less money made and more units need to be sold to make the same amount of money that could have been made on a lesser number last gen. Oh but don't let me stop you from enjoying HD gaming for the reason it was meant to be, Soccer.

15. Ratchet & Clank

First Party support. The Game that is just beneath the barrier of 1,300,000 units that is typically assumed to be the mark by which a game breaks even with development costs. Even if it has the profit, the margin must be pretty damn bleak.

they make a game every year and make money.. thats why they are one of the TOP devs. this game made a profit not break even. POINT IS HD GAMES SELL!!!!!!

It costs more money to make games on HD than it did last generation and this game sold pretty modestly even by last gen standards. There is no way this game made its money back and if it has, there is no significant profit. HD GAMES CAN SELL all they want but unless they turn a profit, its still a loss.

16. Elder Scrolls (well u can play in FP mode but its not a FPS)

All hail PC ports. What are you going to try and use the Orange Box and Unreal Tournament III as examples now?

as long as they sell i will use them. you are soooo gonna say "HD consoles cant sell anythin besides all sports, racing, fighting, adventure, 1st party, and 3rd party games" you are running out of excuses.

Excuses? Just because a game sells doesn't mean its making a profit, or if it is, a substantial one, that's the whole point here.

17. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

The Game was Bundled and is multiplatform

at 1 million BEFORE being bundled on 360.

a game needs to sell more than 1 million to break even, and far more than that to turn a reasonable profit.

18. Saints Row

At least it broke even with development costs. Still not much in the ways of profit.

and i can safely assume that you kno they didnt break even... but yet they are making a sequal..... and it has a huge budget? hmmmmmm

I'm sure they're hoping the sequal will sell more and finally turn a profit. You know the Xbox over the course of its entire life didn't make a dollar for Microsoft and only recently has the 360 broke even for the company's gaming division. It's not about making money but hoping they will make money someday. Let's hope everyone has deep pockets like Microsoft though.

19. Fight Night Round 3

but again it sold 1 million... how many boxing games on the wii sold 1 million?

Again, games need to sell more than 1 million to break even, and even then the company is still in debt.

20. Dead Rising

Because that didn't just barely make its money back.

but it did make its money back. as i recall capcoms statemants show a PROFIT!!! FAIL

Their statement showing a profit doesn't mean every game they made showed a profit. If this game did so well why are they makinga Wii version?

21. Rock band

Really, because its not selling nearly as well as Guitar Hero is.

but its at oveer a million on HD consoles. You making stupid points. Thats like saying all your Non HD games are no where near halo 3 (and most arent) FAil

And when the Wii version of Rockband 2 sells the best what will be your excuse then?

22. Crack down

First Party Game and still only barely made its money back.

i would love to see how you know this. Because last i recall this game sold 700k in a month. thats really making its money back if i ever heard of it.

It's not how fast a game sells, but how much it sells, you need to sell 1,300,000 total to break even and at least 2,600,000 to make a profit equal to your investment.

23. PGR3

Whatever that is

Its a racing game that has a huge fanbase. and its over a million BTW.

Bet its not made much money for the developer.

24. Both Need For Speeds

Since EA is $95 million dollars in debt as of the first quarter I think its safe to assume we can discount any of their games as competing realistically in any market. And oh boy, another racing game.

/sigh

Running out of excuses I see. FAIL

25. Viva Pinata

First Party support and fairly unremarkable sales, way to be.

unremarkable? 1 million? really? damn

Again, 1 million was impressive last generation, not this one.

26. WWE smackdown

Another game that sold the best on the PS2.

OMG A GAME SOLD MORE ON A SYSTEM WITH MORE USERS OMG CALL THE FREAKING COP!!!!!!!!! 1 million on 360 you fail!

27. Splinter Cell

An FPS, I thought you were avoiding those.

Noob LOL FAIL!!!!!!!! (in case you didnt get it its not a FPS.. think MGS4)

I see, the maturity is strong in you.

28. Kane & Lynch

Because that's a game you want to use as a bench mark.

Hmmm wii fit or a nice co op game to play with a friend? hmmmm

Better than Kane & Lynch, I know that much.

29. DEAD OR ALIVE (and this one is a fighting game)

You mean the games that are selling less and less with each iteration of the series?

you can say the same for metriod, mario, zelda, mario kart, list goes on. launch game ONE MILLION!!!!

Actually this generation is the first time that Nintendo franchises are starting to outsell their predicessors, you're on a sales website and can't even check that out on your own? Tsk Tsk.

Im not even gonna talk about up and coming games that will (and i quote) "compete realistically on the HD consoles"

Fail

So basically we have by and large sports games, racing games and shooting games. And pay no mind to the games in the list that are bundled with consoles, first party titles or haven't or just have barely made their money back. And no matter how good any of them do they're still making less money back than previous generations.

If these games really were competing realistically, then why are most of their publishers barely keeping their heads above water financially? I think we can assume any game published by EA isn't competeing realistically in the market, lol.

My answers are in blue

HD cost more to make we understand that thats why the profits are down but the end product are MUCH better. and as i recall EA is doing fine and so are MOST devs. Your info is wrong and you fail again!

nice try but if you dont no what Splinter cell is why are you here?

FAIL FAIL FAIL!

LOL @ YOU

My answers are in orange

EA is doing fine? 95 million dollars in debt is fine? LOL!

So you in contrast to your original claim, you admit profits are terrible, but defend that by saying the end products are much better? hahahaha! Oh you amuse me greatly. Who cares if the companies go broke as long as you get the games you want right? A typical HD fanboy, only thinking of the market one facet at a time.

How old are you really, all this 133t hax0r "FAIL", "N00B" talk, has me falling out of my chair laughing.

Better luck next time kid. Sales are meaningless without profits and profits are meaningless unless they're substantial. Simply breaking even is the goal of a bad game, not a AAA title. Hasn't anyone told you how the market works.

Though tell me what you think would do better, Soul Calibur Racing, Soul Calibur FPS or Soul Calibur sports, lol!

Funny, on that list I don't see any other Fighting Game that is doing well, and no Virtua Fighter didn't do well and Dead or Alive is just treading water.

I purchased that 360 version of SC4 a few days ago. In my personal opinion the game hasn't changed much from the last interation, besides graphical upgrades and the addition of online play. I also find that the new online play is poorly implemented, but a lot of fun and really smooth running when you do find yourself in a match. As far as Yoda goes, I don't enjoy using him much, but I can see where he could be deadly in the hands of the right person. My faves are Kilik, Mitsurugi, and the Apprentice. I suck with them all, but enjoy them the most.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

This thread is funny. Onimusha fails so hard (nice trolling by the way).

OT: Outside of the NA, the game didn't sell to hot. SC4 should sell more lifetime on the 360 than PS3, because the dominant market is NA, where the 360 > PS3.

I was really surprised by how well this game sold. 700k first week is pretty amazing. Lifetime should be around 2-3M. Definetly a success.

Pristine20 said:
Godot said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:

The game is considered by most fans of the series to be the weakest instalment to date and reviews have been fairly mixed. Despite heavy advertising for the game and a shipment order of 2m units, the game has performed modestly and if its legs don't hold up it could easily be just another casualty of the HD movement.

In the end the biggest selling point of this game everyone agrees is the Star Wars tie in, outside of that it would have been lucky to see the sales of Virtua Fighter 5.

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles.

Because all FPS games sell like Halo 3 and COD4 right? Ever heard of other games like Quake Wars and Soldier of Fortune?

OT, fighting games have been on the decline this generation. They used to be the epitome of multiplayer enjoyment back in the day. As for SC4, I think it's more gimped than the previous iteration. You can't even get hits in after giving someone a GI! That said, I still love the game especially the customizations of the special vs mode!

While there is certainly no shortage of FPSs that have failed, I see no end of them in the near future. Eitherway if you want a game that has any chance of selling decently on the HD consoles, you need a weapon with reloadable amunition in the game.

So even FFXIII won't sell much. Oblivion sold like crap too. You seem to have a serious bias against HD gaming that is borderline ridiculous. Perhaps in the near future when HD is the only format around, you won't be playing any more games.

So you believe in Pachter's theory of the Wii HD? Good for you but I'm sure we won't see it for a while...

HDTV is going to be the Last man standing in the TV format wars. How many people do you know who still have black and white TVs. The next generation of consoles will all be HD because that will be new format and the TVs are much lighter and will be much cheaper than they are now. Nintendo didn't go HD this time around because of the cost and adoption rate. Thats a nonentity for the next generation. So I'm guessing onimusha12 will be done gaming by then since he only plays SD systems lol.

The only difference between color and blackand white and SD to HD switch is there was a clear gain for all consumers. Some people just don't care how many display lines their tv had or how much detail the image has, I have an HDTV in my room and all the sound equipment, my family still rents DVD's and plays it on the 28" tube tv out in the living room.  Even though there's ample seating and room.

Some people just don't care about HD or SD and while a majority will adopt on their next TV purchas given that there's very few SD tube tv's available anymore. I know a select few who will hunt down the old tube tv because the price and familiarity. I know my great aunt still had a black and white as recently as 1995.

Around the Network

Onimusha is more deserving of a ban than anyone on this entire website.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Weird. You'd expect the PS3 version to have a better attach rate then that.

Guess Soul Caliber really has devolved to a super niche series.

Either that or the 360 userbase just likes fighters more.

Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Kyros said:

it could easily be just another casualty of the HD movement.

LOL a game sold 700k first week and is a casualty of the HD movement. Funny. The post would be more intelligent if fighting games were much more successful on the only SD console of this generation.

What is even more ironic is that Capcom released an Action Adventure offshoot for the Wii. Which bombed. So apparently transforming a franchise to a more "modern" game type is not exactly limited to HD consoles.

1. The Wii actually has much more succeful fighting games, Super Smash Bros. Brawl anyone?

2. Soul Callibur is made by Bandai Namco, not Capcom.

3. Soul Callibur spin off for the Wii was developer by the lowest tier developer Bandai Namco had and even they admitted it was a terrible game.

4. Soul Callibur for the Wii was made a different genre because it was easier to develop, not because that genre was the popular mainstay of the console. Context before Content Kyros, Context before Content.

Get your facts strait before you troll Kyros, you're just making yourself look bad.

So becaue of one game that has a questionable status as a fighter, the wii now sells fighting games. The wii just sells nintendo games (along with a few other "mishaps"). SSBB is one of them.

Naruto did fairly well too. Though total sales were about SC first week sales.

The wii has yet to get a well reviewed "traditional" fighting game though outside of the anime cash ins.

It will be interesting to see how the PS3 Naruto sells... the 360 version sold much worse despite it being the better game.

The Ps3 version seems to have the most work put into it of the three.

Gobias said:
Onimusha is more deserving of a ban than anyone on this entire website.

Says the person with 1,000 plus VG chartz dollars in ban debt beneath their name.

I made my point quite successfully above, if you don't like it, try your hand at debating. Even if games were selling as well as they were last generation they're still making ridiculously less money on the HD consoles than they were then. I'm sorry if that seems malicious, but its true.

Onimusha12 said:
Dno said:
Onimusha12 said:
Dno said:
Onimusha12 said:

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles

Games that arent FPS that sold million(s) on HD consoles

1. Gran Turismo 5 Pro

First Party game, and okay, I change my previous statement, maybe they should make Sould Calibur an FPS or Luxury Car Racer, lol.

Still sold over 2 million and its not a FPS? your running out of genres to add to the "HD only sells" list

Taking my original statement a tad too literally aren't we?

yup

2. Heavenly Sword

First Party game, and even then unless it has broken the 1,300,000 mark in sales its safe to assume its not made its money back yet, and even if it were to, it would be a very slim margin of profit.

It still sold over 1 million and it came out of the slowest and lowest userbase this gen. Sony said themselves that a title needs to sell a million make a PROFIT. ill trust sony before i trust you

Really, because all other developers say HD games at the very least need to sell 1,300,000 to break even. Even if it has turned a profit, I can assure you, it's a very small one.

a profit is a profit.. what you said is HD games dont sell and i proved you wrong now you change you arguement to "profit"

3. Devil May Cry

The game barely sold as much as its previous iterations and for all the advertising and development put into the title, its sales are still somewhat dissapointing.

But it out sold a previous title that was on the ps2 and the ps2 had what 100 million consoles sold? Going be you logic nintendo is COMPLETE fail because mario did not sell 15 million copies like mario 3 did. Fail 

DMC4 was also far more heavily advertised than any DMC game on the PS2 and considering the previous title was following up one of the worst games ever made last generation, its no wonder people weren't willing to trust the franchise yet.

Super Mario 3 was bundled with the SNES, Super Mario Galaxy wasn't.

so DMC4 sold more and you have an excuse? i would of never have guessed that.

4. Assassins Creed

Yes, because that's the kind of game you want to use as a testament to the quality taste of HD gaming. I guess competing realistically means making Prince of Persia clones.

Actually if you would stop putting your foot in you mouth and play it you would no that its more like a GTA clone then the prince. And guess what? it sold over 3 million. Fail

Really, a GTA clone, that's a new one. It was still considered mediocre no matter how much it sold which doesn't speak very highly of the user base.

how is that a new one? its an open world game that i beat? you havent even played this game and you are talking? FAil. And because i liked the game and it was Considered Mediocre it speaks highly of me? lol@ you

5. Mass effect

But EA is the number 1 3rd party? and their number 1 game is madden and it didnt come out yet.... Care to make a bet on EAs profits next quater?

Really, EA hasn't been doing well the whole generation, and taking that into consideration I don't think I'd be willing to consider any endeavors of their thus far something worth noting as evidence of that game doing well on the HD consoles. Unless you're going to list Madden as the only game by EA in your list, you have no basis to try and default on that as an excuse 

still do you wonna bet? you just said a whole lot of shit just now but you arent not willing to bet me?

6. Motorstorm

Again, first party support, and bundled in some regions. Nice try.

What does 1st party have to do with everything? i dont under stand because its 1st party then it doesnt count? and motorstorm was at 1 million BEFORE it was bundled. Nice try. Fail

since the game in question is third party, it goes without saying that a first party title is exempt from the standard. Again, a racing game though.

Motorstorm 3rd party!!! LMAO!!!! your a troll its 1st party you fool. AND THE 1ST TOPIC WAS FPS NOT RACING SO IT STILL COUNTS. (Sony bought evolution stuidos in 2006 or 2007)

7. Guitar hero

Which sells far better on the PS2 and Wii than either of the HD consoles.

OMG CALL THE COPS!!! A GAME SOLD MORE ON A 120 MILLION USERBASE AND THE NUMBER ONE NEXT GEN SYSTEM OMG!!!!!! fAIL

Then how do you explain it selling more on the Wii than the 360?

OMG CALL THE COPS THE SYSTEM WITH THE HIGEST USERBASE SOLD MORE GAMES!!!!! (thats how i explain it)

8. Forza

Again, First Party support, and a racer, so we have FPSs and Racers, congrats.

Again 1st party games dont count? then you "non-HD wii" is in trouble because as i recall all Wii games that are selling are from nintendo. Fail

Third Party developers are still making more money per invested dollar off the Wii than they are off the HD consoles. Nice try. Fail.

Last i heard the highest 3rd party game to sell on wii is RE4... and capcom sold more Dead rasing then that......not to metion DMC4...

9. Uncharted

A First party game and one that's only barely broken the 1,300,000 barrier of making its money back. There is some realism for you.

You cant even give me realism because you dont under stand that games on HD consoles sell. since when is 1 million sells bad?

1 Million is bad because you need to sell at least 1.3 m to break even and 2.6 m to earn a profit equal to your investment. It's no surprise that with how much more expensive HD gaming is, it will take more units sold than it did last generation to make decent money.

again theres a rumored sequal and sony made money last quater so did M$. So i think games selling in the million added to their profit. Thanks very much.

10. madden 06, 07,08

But madden sells better on 360 the wii? Hmmmm i guess we can safely assume that they are wasting their money on non HD systems them?

If they're not making a profit, then yeah.

good

11.All Fifa's

Hmmm how many million has fifa sold on 360... then how many on wii? FAIL

but if they're still not making a profit does it matter how many are sold?

LOL @ FIFA NOT MAKING A PORFIT!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

12. MGS4

Yeah, it only took 70 million dollars, four years of development, being hyped more than any game ever in existence, BUNDLED WITH THE DAMN CONSOLE AT A BARGAIN DEAL to sell as well as it has. I sure hope all developers can afford to put this much money and effort into one game per generation to compete realistically on the HD consoles.

over 2 MILLION in sales in 1-2 months.... and wii sports was bundle from the start. and wii play.. etc so lets not count those and lets see how much nintendo games sell.

Quite a good number actually, SMG, SSBB, MKWII, WiiFit, etc, etc, etc. FAIL.

Again wii has almost double the ps3 userbase. MGS4 was still able to sell very will almost at 3 million. Fail

13. GTA4

Yeah, it only took 100 million dollars and years of development to make a game that could hope to muscle its money back.

hahahahha that games sold over 5 million only a FOOL would think it didnt make its money back.... LMAO FAIL

I never said it didn't make its money back, just that if this is what it takes for a game to make a substantial profit then most developers might as well just pack up and find a new job.

yea because every game cost 100 million to make... you no like SC4, SF4, Rachet, etcyou no all games that NEED to sell 5 million to make a profit. FAIL

14. Pro Evolution

Again, sports games, congrats, you've definitly reached for the higher ground here, these still sell better on the PS2 consoles. I'm sure Soccer Games are why you choose HD gaming.

OMG A GAMES SELL MORE ON A SYSTEM WITH A HIGHER USERBASE OMG!!!!!!! there are a lot of people ("others") that bought HD gaming for sports.

And guess what, each unit made more money for the company on the PS2 too, pitty how expensive HD gaming is, less money made and more units need to be sold to make the same amount of money that could have been made on a lesser number last gen. Oh but don't let me stop you from enjoying HD gaming for the reason it was meant to be, Soccer.

If i like soccer and i wanted it and HD THEN I WOULD BUY IT. Who are you to tell people their reason for buying a HD console?

15. Ratchet & Clank

First Party support. The Game that is just beneath the barrier of 1,300,000 units that is typically assumed to be the mark by which a game breaks even with development costs. Even if it has the profit, the margin must be pretty damn bleak.

they make a game every year and make money.. thats why they are one of the TOP devs. this game made a profit not break even. POINT IS HD GAMES SELL!!!!!!

It costs more money to make games on HD than it did last generation and this game sold pretty modestly even by last gen standards. There is no way this game made its money back and if it has, there is no significant profit. HD GAMES CAN SELL all they want but unless they turn a profit, its still a loss.

Ok i agree but im saying if a game reaches a million... its most likely turned a profit. They used the already made resistance engine and made this game a year after resistance. 1 game a year that sells a million is profit thats why they do not make games on any other system (and they can sony does not own them)

16. Elder Scrolls (well u can play in FP mode but its not a FPS)

All hail PC ports. What are you going to try and use the Orange Box and Unreal Tournament III as examples now?

as long as they sell i will use them. you are soooo gonna say "HD consoles cant sell anythin besides all sports, racing, fighting, adventure, 1st party, and 3rd party games" you are running out of excuses.

Excuses? Just because a game sells doesn't mean its making a profit, or if it is, a substantial one, that's the whole point here.

Elder Scrolls sold a couple million on 360 a lot on ps3 and a lot on PC. Plus expan packs. THIS GAME MADE A PROFIT!!!!!!

17. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

The Game was Bundled and is multiplatform

at 1 million BEFORE being bundled on 360.

a game needs to sell more than 1 million to break even, and far more than that to turn a reasonable profit.

again this game was on 5 different systems. it made a profit. and since the sequal is coming i think they made a good profit. why would i make a sequal to a game that lost money? Lets wait for okami 2. (its never gonna happen)

18. Saints Row

At least it broke even with development costs. Still not much in the ways of profit.

and i can safely assume that you kno they didnt break even... but yet they are making a sequal..... and it has a huge budget? hmmmmmm

I'm sure they're hoping the sequal will sell more and finally turn a profit. You know the Xbox over the course of its entire life didn't make a dollar for Microsoft and only recently has the 360 broke even for the company's gaming division. It's not about making money but hoping they will make money someday. Let's hope everyone has deep pockets like Microsoft though.

First off saints row made a profit. Second M$ is the ONLY company not to make money for four years. Your "excuse" is flawed as nintendo, sega, and sony made money off  every system or they dropped out if they didnt. (sega)

19. Fight Night Round 3

but again it sold 1 million... how many boxing games on the wii sold 1 million?

Again, games need to sell more than 1 million to break even, and even then the company is still in debt.

Again you said HD games do not sell. i made this list and proved you wrong. now lets change the subject and say "omg they do sell but they just dont make a profit!!" Fail I will not start to "guess" (because thats what you are doing) to no what makes a profit but 1 million seems to be the point where everyone is happy (Sony and MGS4 Stating that muitple times) So if its at a million and going then ima say it made a profit.

20. Dead Rising

Because that didn't just barely make its money back.

but it did make its money back. as i recall capcoms statemants show a PROFIT!!! FAIL

Their statement showing a profit doesn't mean every game they made showed a profit. If this game did so well why are they makinga Wii version?

TO MAKE MORE MONEY!!!!! They did that with RE4, Street fighter (1 billion times) etc. DO YOU THINK RE4 DIDNT MAKE ITS MONEY BACK???? Fail!!!!!!

21. Rock band

Really, because its not selling nearly as well as Guitar Hero is.

but its at oveer a million on HD consoles. You making stupid points. Thats like saying all your Non HD games are no where near halo 3 (and most arent) FAil

And when the Wii version of Rockband 2 sells the best what will be your excuse then?

heres my excuse ready?

OMG A SYSTEM WITH THE HIGHEST USERBASE SELLS THE MOST GAMES OMG CALL THE COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Crack down

First Party Game and still only barely made its money back.

i would love to see how you know this. Because last i recall this game sold 700k in a month. thats really making its money back if i ever heard of it.

It's not how fast a game sells, but how much it sells, you need to sell 1,300,000 total to break even and at least 2,600,000 to make a profit equal to your investment.

SHOW ME A LINK PLEASE WHERE IT STATES THAT!!!!! intill you do 1 million is percfectly fine with me.

23. PGR3

Whatever that is

Its a racing game that has a huge fanbase. and its over a million BTW.

Bet its not made much money for the developer.

o sure thats why they made 3 different versions because M$ loves to fund games that dont make money.

24. Both Need For Speeds

Since EA is $95 million dollars in debt as of the first quarter I think its safe to assume we can discount any of their games as competing realistically in any market. And oh boy, another racing game.

/sigh

Running out of excuses I see. FAIL

yes i am because you said that 15 million times..... /sigh when madden sells2 million first week like it always does and next Quarter EA makes a huge profit i will come back tothis thread and laugh at you.

25. Viva Pinata

First Party support and fairly unremarkable sales, way to be.

unremarkable? 1 million? really? damn

Again 1 million is a freakin profit for a pinata sim fail.

26. WWE smackdown

Another game that sold the best on the PS2.

OMG A GAME SOLD MORE ON A SYSTEM WITH MORE USERS OMG CALL THE FREAKING COP!!!!!!!!! 1 million on 360 you fail!

THQ has used the same engine for WWE games since ps2... if this game sells 1 million on 360 200k on ps3 and millions on wii and ps2 IT MADE A FREAKIN PROFIT!!!! and it made a profit

FAIL!

27. Splinter Cell

An FPS, I thought you were avoiding those.

Noob LOL FAIL!!!!!!!! (in case you didnt get it its not a FPS.. think MGS4)

I see, the maturity is strong in you.

I see that you dont play many games. how old are you calling me that? You fucked up BAD i laughed at you be a man and admitt it.

28. Kane & Lynch

Because that's a game you want to use as a bench mark.

Hmmm wii fit or a nice co op game to play with a friend? hmmmm

Better than Kane & Lynch, I know that much.

thats is an  opinon and i hate wi fit with all my heart. So as you can see its better  to you not to everyone.

29. DEAD OR ALIVE (and this one is a fighting game)

You mean the games that are selling less and less with each iteration of the series?

you can say the same for metriod, mario, zelda, mario kart, list goes on. launch game ONE MILLION!!!!

Actually this generation is the first time that Nintendo franchises are starting to outsell their predicessors, you're on a sales website and can't even check that out on your own? Tsk Tsk.

THIS GEN not past Gens. as you can tell i was talking about all these games in the past. and Zelda 64 sold more then TP. FAIL!!! Mario 64 sold more the galaxy FAIL.

Im not even gonna talk about up and coming games that will (and i quote) "compete realistically on the HD consoles"

Fail

So basically we have by and large sports games, racing games and shooting games. And pay no mind to the games in the list that are bundled with consoles, first party titles or haven't or just have barely made their money back. And no matter how good any of them do they're still making less money back than previous generations.

If these games really were competing realistically, then why are most of their publishers barely keeping their heads above water financially? I think we can assume any game published by EA isn't competeing realistically in the market, lol.

My answers are in blue

HD cost more to make we understand that thats why the profits are down but the end product are MUCH better. and as i recall EA is doing fine and so are MOST devs. Your info is wrong and you fail again!

nice try but if you dont no what Splinter cell is why are you here?

FAIL FAIL FAIL!

LOL @ YOU

My answers are in orange

EA is doing fine? 95 million dollars in debt is fine? LOL!

So you in contrast to your original claim, you admit profits are terrible, but defend that by saying the end products are much better? hahahaha! Oh you amuse me greatly. Who cares if the companies go broke as long as you get the games you want right? A typical HD fanboy, only thinking of the market one facet at a time.

How old are you really, all this 133t hax0r "FAIL", "N00B" talk, has me falling out of my chair laughing.

Better luck next time kid. Sales are meaningless without profits and profits are meaningless unless they're substantial. Simply breaking even is the goal of a bad game, not a AAA title. Hasn't anyone told you how the market works.

Though tell me what you think would do better, Soul Calibur Racing, Soul Calibur FPS or Soul Calibur sports, lol!

Funny, on that list I don't see any other Fighting Game that is doing well, and no Virtua Fighter didn't do well and Dead or Alive is just treading water.

Mine are in green

EA is doing fine thier biggest game has not shown up on the profits yet. The full year will be different.

READ PLEASE:

MY 1ST CLAIM WAS HD GAMES DO SELL!!!!! I GAVE YOU A LIST OF GAMES THAT SOLD YOU IN TURN SAW YOU WAS WRONG AND TURNED IT INTO PROFIT!!!!!!! FAIL

my fav companies are capcom, SE, Sony, M$, Nintendo, namco and others all who made a profit. my HD fanboy thinking shows me my fav companies are STILL MAKING A PROFIT!

Tell me whats better? wii fit on a 20 inch SD TV? Because from what i see you dont even have an HDTV or any HD games. Get a job before you try to insult me. you have no life.

FAil noob FAil Noob.