By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I thought SC4 was selling well... 650K in 2 days isn't a bad number I think...

I expect the same kind of numbers this week.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:

The game is considered by most fans of the series to be the weakest instalment to date and reviews have been fairly mixed. Despite heavy advertising for the game and a shipment order of 2m units, the game has performed modestly and if its legs don't hold up it could easily be just another casualty of the HD movement.

In the end the biggest selling point of this game everyone agrees is the Star Wars tie in, outside of that it would have been lucky to see the sales of Virtua Fighter 5.

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles.

Because all FPS games sell like Halo 3 and COD4 right? Ever heard of other games like Quake Wars and Soldier of Fortune?

OT, fighting games have been on the decline this generation. They used to be the epitome of multiplayer enjoyment back in the day. As for SC4, I think it's more gimped than the previous iteration. You can't even get hits in after giving someone a GI! That said, I still love the game especially the customizations of the special vs mode!

While there is certainly no shortage of FPSs that have failed, I see no end of them in the near future. Eitherway if you want a game that has any chance of selling decently on the HD consoles, you need a weapon with reloadable amunition in the game.

So even FFXIII won't sell much. Oblivion sold like crap too. You seem to have a serious bias against HD gaming that is borderline ridiculous. Perhaps in the near future when HD is the only format around, you won't be playing any more games.

So you believe in Pachter's theory of the Wii HD? Good for you but I'm sure we won't see it for a while...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:

The game is considered by most fans of the series to be the weakest instalment to date and reviews have been fairly mixed. Despite heavy advertising for the game and a shipment order of 2m units, the game has performed modestly and if its legs don't hold up it could easily be just another casualty of the HD movement.

In the end the biggest selling point of this game everyone agrees is the Star Wars tie in, outside of that it would have been lucky to see the sales of Virtua Fighter 5.

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles.

Because all FPS games sell like Halo 3 and COD4 right? Ever heard of other games like Quake Wars and Soldier of Fortune?

OT, fighting games have been on the decline this generation. They used to be the epitome of multiplayer enjoyment back in the day. As for SC4, I think it's more gimped than the previous iteration. You can't even get hits in after giving someone a GI! That said, I still love the game especially the customizations of the special vs mode!

While there is certainly no shortage of FPSs that have failed, I see no end of them in the near future. Eitherway if you want a game that has any chance of selling decently on the HD consoles, you need a weapon with reloadable amunition in the game.

So even FFXIII won't sell much. Oblivion sold like crap too. You seem to have a serious bias against HD gaming that is borderline ridiculous. Perhaps in the near future when HD is the only format around, you won't be playing any more games.

So you believe in Pachter's theory of the Wii HD? Good for you but I'm sure we won't see it for a while...

HDTV is going to be the Last man standing in the TV format wars. How many people do you know who still have black and white TVs. The next generation of consoles will all be HD because that will be new format and the TVs are much lighter and will be much cheaper than they are now. Nintendo didn't go HD this time around because of the cost and adoption rate. Thats a nonentity for the next generation. So I'm guessing onimusha12 will be done gaming by then since he only plays SD systems lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Godot said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:

HDTV is going to be the Last man standing in the TV format wars. How many people do you know who still have black and white TVs. The next generation of consoles will all be HD because that will be new format and the TVs are much lighter and will be much cheaper than they are now. Nintendo didn't go HD this time around because of the cost and adoption rate. Thats a nonentity for the next generation. So I'm guessing onimusha12 will be done gaming by then since he only plays SD systems lol.

I think he was more attacking the Xbox 360 and the PS3 than the fact that they are HD.

The big companies are not dying because of HD but they see their margin of profit be reduced. Because of that, they are not as willing to take as many risks as they used to. There are a few exceptions like Mirror's Edge but we live in a world of sequels and clones.

We having been seeing that in the movie industries for year. I can't stand Super Heroes movies anymore (except Batman) or even Fantasy movies.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

axumblade said:
On Topic: I think that this game will end up doing just fine in the end. I'm hoping the game has some legs though.

Off Topic:I have heard that Yoda is a "broken character" from somebody that has the 360 game. I was just curious if it was true so I don't end up spending 5 bucks on a character that's not worth it. Note: I'm not really trying to troll, I was just curious.

I really don't want Yoda to come to the ps3. The amount of vader spammers is bad enough and yoda can't be thrown which is an integral part of my gameplan

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Godot said:
Pristine20 said:
Godot said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:

I think he was more attacking the Xbox 360 and the PS3 than the fact that they are HD.

The big companies are not dying because of HD but they see their margin of profit be reduced. Because of that, they are not as willing to take as many risks as they used to. There are a few exceptions like Mirror's Edge but we live in a world of sequels and clones.

We having been seeing that in the movie industries for year. I can't stand Super Heroes movies anymore (except Batman) or even Fantasy movies.

Then he should state his points more clearly by using "PS360" or some other term instead of arguing like the transition to hi-def spells the death of the industry. 

I do agree that the costs of production is driving risks away on PS360 but the only direction such costs are heading is "down" just like anything tech-based.

Godot said:
Pristine20 said:
Godot said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Pristine20 said:
Onimusha12 said:

I agree. The budget situaution is very, very similar to the movie industry right now.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
Dno said:
lol @ Onimusha12

you fail

You say he failed...yet give no back up to why he did. Nice.

Combined sales look good, but seperately sales were OK, nothing great. I expected higher for both versions.

hahah scroll up

you fail also

Dno said:
Onimusha12 said:

Maybe Bandai Namco should consider making a Soul Callibur FPS if they want to compete realistically on the HD consoles

Games that arent FPS that sold million(s) on HD consoles

1. Gran Turismo 5 Pro

First Party game, and okay, I change my previous statement, maybe they should make Sould Calibur an FPS or Luxury Car Racer, lol.

2. Heavenly Sword

First Party game, and even then unless it has broken the 1,300,000 mark in sales its safe to assume its not made its money back yet, and even if it were to, it would be a very slim margin of profit.

3. Devil May Cry

The game barely sold as much as its previous iterations and for all the advertising and development put into the title, its sales are still somewhat dissapointing.

4. Assassins Creed

Yes, because that's the kind of game you want to use as a testament to the quality taste of HD gaming. I guess competing realistically means making Prince of Persia clones.

5. Mass effect

Since EA is $95 million dollars in debt as of the first quarter I think its safe to assume we can discount any of their games as competing realistically in any market.

6. Motorstorm

Again, first party support, and bundled in some regions. Nice try.

7. Guitar hero

Which sells far better on the PS2 and Wii than either of the HD consoles.

8. Forza

Again, First Party support, and a racer, so we have FPSs and Racers, congrats.

9. Uncharted

A First party game and one that's only barely broken the 1,300,000 barrier of making its money back. There is some realism for you.

10. madden 06, 07,08

Since EA is $95 million dollars in debt as of the first quarter I think its safe to assume we can discount any of their games as competing realistically in any market.

11.All Fifa's

12. MGS4

Yeah, it only took 70 million dollars, four years of development, being hyped more than any game ever in existence, BUNDLED WITH THE DAMN CONSOLE AT A BARGAIN DEAL to sell as well as it has. I sure hope all developers can afford to put this much money and effort into one game per generation to compete realistically on the HD consoles.

13. GTA4

Yeah, it only took 100 million dollars and years of development to make a game that could hope to muscle its money back.

14. Pro Evolution

Again, sports games, congrats, you've definitly reached for the higher ground here, these still sell better on the PS2 consoles. I'm sure Soccer Games are why you choose HD gaming.

15. Ratchet & Clank

First Party support. The Game that is just beneath the barrier of 1,300,000 units that is typically assumed to be the mark by which a game breaks even with development costs. Even if it has the profit, the margin must be pretty damn bleak.

16. Elder Scrolls (well u can play in FP mode but its not a FPS)

All hail PC ports. What are you going to try and use the Orange Box and Unreal Tournament III as examples now?

17. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

The Game was Bundled and is multiplatform

18. Saints Row

At least it broke even with development costs. Still not much in the ways of profit.

19. Fight Night Round 3

20. Dead Rising

Because that didn't just barely make its money back.

21. Rock band

Really, because its not selling nearly as well as Guitar Hero is.

22. Crack down

First Party Game and still only barely made its money back.

23. PGR3

Whatever that is

24. Both Need For Speeds

Since EA is $95 million dollars in debt as of the first quarter I think its safe to assume we can discount any of their games as competing realistically in any market. And oh boy, another racing game.

25. Viva Pinata

First Party support and fairly unremarkable sales, way to be.

26. WWE smackdown

Another game that sold the best on the PS2.

27. Splinter Cell

An FPS, I thought you were avoiding those.

28. Kane & Lynch

Because that's a game you want to use as a bench mark.

29. DEAD OR ALIVE (and this one is a fighting game)

You mean the games that are selling less and less with each iteration of the series?

Im not even gonna talk about up and coming games that will (and i quote) "compete realistically on the HD consoles"

Fail

So basically we have by and large sports games, racing games and shooting games. And pay no mind to the games in the list that are bundled with consoles, first party titles or haven't or just have barely made their money back. And no matter how good any of them do they're still making less money back than previous generations.

If these games really were competing realistically, then why are most of their publishers barely keeping their heads above water financially? I think we can assume any game published by EA isn't competeing realistically in the market, lol.

Kyros said:

1. The Wii actually has much more succeful fighting games, Super Smash Bros. Brawl anyone?

The Wii has ONE successful fighting game and honestly BRAWL is barely remotely related to SC4, VF5, DoA, Tekken ...

It's still a fighting game and has sold more than all the fighting games on the HD consoles combined.

2. Soul Callibur is made by Bandai Namco, not Capcom.

Ups that of course changes my statement completely

You meen "oops" not "UPS"?

3. Soul Callibur spin off for the Wii was developer by the lowest tier developer Bandai Namco had and even they admitted it was a terrible game.

Damage Control? You said they would need to make a Soul Calibur FPS to succeed on the HD consoles and they made a Soul Calibur Action-Adventure for the Wii. I think thats ironic.

Yes damage control, because the game being crap had nothing to do with its failure. And how is it ironic? Irony requires context which you haven't provided. Simply implying an argument doesn't mean you've actually made one Kyros. This game was made a different genre for completely alien reasons from that which I suggested the same be done for Soul Calibur on the HD consoles which is only furthered by the fact that Soul Calibur never put itself to the test on the Wii first before this little spin-off.

4. Soul Callibur for the Wii was made a different genre because it was easier to develop, not because that genre was the popular mainstay of the console.

Yeah sure. because fighter games are so popular on the Wii it has all the great franchises on its system like Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur. Oh wait it doesn't. Those are on HD consoles.

Yes great franchises that are all in decline. I guess they're all afraid to compete with Brawl, considering its sold more than all of them combined on the HD consoles. :)

Wow you fail in so many different categories its funny to watch.

Really? Because it would seem my arguments put you in that situation. I guess its only natural you'd tell yourself you'd be the winner though, all part of the illusion am I right? Maybe get an actual argument ready next time, and please do a little homework on who develops what games before talking about it.