By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliffy B on resistance 2: My game is better

hes probably right though even though i love resistance 2.
im not sure which is better though, i could never decide

Around the Network

OP forgot to bold (laughs).

"Game designer thinks his game is better than competition's. More news at 11."

gears of war2 will destroy resistance 2 in every single catergory. graphics,gameplay,sound,online and lasting appeal. resistance is a good game but gears2 will show it who truly is the king and that resistance has alot to improve yet to be in gears's league. also cliffy b is a great designer and he is only telling the truth. if u dont like what he has to say them just ignore him.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Xen said:
He can say whatever, I'm still more interested in R2.

Be quiet. Your sig is so biased and you're obviously all sony if not nintendo. Xbox 360? 23 M in sales by the end of the year? Jesus christ you're biased.

playnext3 said:
resistance have 60 players online i will buy it just for this

LOL yes....Chaos. They will break the teams apart to make the battle make sense. Sounds like the same M.A.G. concept with 60 players.

Around the Network

Gears of War 2 = Zero game physics

Gears of War 2 = 10 players online

Resistance 2 = Great game physics

Resistance 2 = 60 players online

Resistance 2 = 8 players co-op

Resistance 2 Forever!!!!!!!

Blaiyan said:

Whatever. Sounds like he's using the word Friend a little too loosely.

You would be surprised actually.... I can't speak for their personal relationship but I know quite a few of the employees do know each other. Epic & Insomniac are pretty much going to be next door neighbors soon.  There are other studios close by as well including Red Storm (Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter) and a few smaller casual/minigame outfits.

I also don't even see how the number of players online has ANY relevance to the quality of the experience at all.  Counterstrike with 50+ players would be absolutely worthless, just like any Battlefield game would be lame with 5 vs 5.  If that's your only justification as to the game being better then your argument is pretty thin IMO.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Cliffy B Enjoy your 10 multiplayer. I'll enjoy UP TO 60 multiplayer. Enjoy your 2 player co-op and I'll enjoy UP TO 8 player co-op. Enjoy your short campaign. I'll enjoy TWO campaigns. Enjoy fighting 50 ft Brumak. I'll enjoy fighting 300ft Leviathan. Enjoy playing on a console with a 33% failure rate and I'll enjoy on a console with

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

I don't think that these games even compete, Gears is a TPS and Resistance is FPS. So they have different gameplay and both games look good but it is obvious that Gears looks better. But from my own experience Resistance 1 was much better than Gears in it's story and online, so I expect the same to happen with Resistance 2 vs. GeOW2.

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I think Gears of war sucked, at least on PC.
Resistance was 8.0.
Still i think Gears 2 is better.

Take my love, take my land..