By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliffy B on resistance 2: My game is better

Here is a hint for people who are experiencing nerd rage:

Look at the quote again and promptly remove your head out of your ass. He was obviously making a joke, even if he meant it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

CliffyB is such a douche.

I really do not like him.

I am now boycotting him.

Gobias said:
starcraft said:
Judging by the first game's, trailers impressions, he is absolutely correct.

360 fanboy thinks 360 timed console exclusive is better than PS3 exclusive?

I'm shocked.

Well, he could be assuming, like me, that neither sequel will bring anything new to the table, and instead be much improved versions of the last games. According to all the hype Gears 2 got a E3, I think it's safe to assume that even if the game sucked, it would rate above 90 on gamerankings.

I can't be sure about Resistance 2. I have a feeling that it'll probably also rank around a 90, but I also have a feeling that there is no way in hell most gaming sites are gonna rank Resistance over their favorite game, Gears of War 2, again even if it sucked.

Cliffy is obviously pretty confident in his product this time around. The game supposedly has the best graphical technology presented at E3, and this time the campaign is supposedly more story focused. Also, Cliffy always makes the podcast rounds, and makes friends with the reviewers.

I, personally, would give odds of about 10 to 1, that Gears 2 gets a higher gamerankings score than Resistance, and believe me, I didn't like Gears 1 or Resistance. Since the only quantifiable and fair way to compare the "quality" of these games is gamerankings, I'd say that it doesn't necessarily take a Microsoft fanboy to come to the conclusion that Cliffy, though arrogant and stupid for saying it out loud, is probably absolutely right about his assertion that Gears will be better critically recieved than Resistance. However, he shoulda just kept his mouth shut. I'm not big on Epic games. Bunch of manchilds who still think they're developing games in moms basement. This interview itself, was probably an early asskiss to get higher reviews. I'll never forget when he was on "On the Spot" the week before Gears came out and the game got the most glowing review I've ever read from Gamespot, probably BECAUSE of it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

DMeisterJ said:

I am now boycotting him.

That's much better now! Less rage and more action, props to you ;)

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

I am now boycotting him.

Well, I still have to play Gears 2 though.

If someone else buys me the game, is it okay to play it?

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

I am now boycotting him.

Depends... If someone lends you the game and doesn't charge you for it, it's OK. Otherwise, you're just cheating your way out of the boycott :P

Gears is my types of games and frankly i'll be just as arrogant if i can make such a bad ass game too.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Oh let the guy tease without making too much of it for cripes sake... and I say that as someone who'll be getting RFOM2 and really admire Insomniac as a developer.

So Ted's comes across more as 'nice bloke' whereas Cliffy Whatever enjoys the public speaking more and plays it up... means nothing. Both games are going to sell gangbusters on each platform (probably) and both are going to get great reviews (probably).

One is on a platform where shooters sell better and has a bigger fan base so will outsell the other.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

First post from a long time lurker on this site. I think people (fanboys) are taking Cliffy B's comments way too seriously. He probably does think he's working on the best game that will come out in the not-too-distant future but this is just friendly banter concerning a competitor. He couldn't even make his comment without laughing.

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

I am now boycotting him

Depends... If someone lends you the game and doesn't charge you for it, it's OK. Otherwise, you're just cheating your way out of the boycott :P

That's good to know.