By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliffy B on resistance 2: My game is better

thekitchensink said:
Stats87 said:

Does Resistance 2 have any sort of skill progression or level gaining for their online Multiplayer?

and while I am at it

does Gears 2?

Can't speak for Resistance, but Gears 2 purposely doesn't. They want it to be more of a balance between tactics and brutal combat, not a game of "who's got the faster reload stat or who can heal faster".

yeah, I assumed it wouldn't based on what what the original GoW Online Multi-Player was like

Around the Network
leo-j said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Well... he's probably right...

He never played it and good bye =)

I've also never smoked crystal meth.

Anyway, just because Cliffy is probably right doesn't mean he's not a pompus ass for pointing it out.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

greenmedic88 said:
sc94597 said:
greenmedic88 said:
sc94597 said:
Obviously he is going to say his game is better. He has a bias toward it being the creator. I wouldn't get too worried about it though. I would like to say though that I am more interested in Resistance 2, and I'm even buying a Keyboard and Mouse adapter for my PS3 just for the game. Its one of the few console only FPS that interest me. I didn't really like the first gears too much anyway. Oh and welcome back Leo-J.

Before you do that, allow me to save you some money.

ANY USB mouse and keyboard should work with the PS3.

I bought a cheap Dynex mouse and keyboard set for inputting text when I initially set up my console and it works fine for browsing and UT3, which is currently the only game I know of offhand that supports mouse and keyboard controls.

It works just as well as UT3 on PC.

No adapter needed. Just use your current PC mouse and keyboard.

Yeah but I don't like playing FPS with dual analog. There is an adapter that lets you play any FPS with keyboard + mouse. Ign gave it a low 90 rating so it should be good.

You mean ANY FPS. That's actually pretty cool.

It would be asking too much for mouse and keyboard support for most games on a console after all.

Actually after searching. This actually got a better review than the KB& Mouse Adapter.  http://gear.ign.com/articles/799/799262p1.html I might get this instead.

@Stats87

yes,it has a military rank progression system.along with experience points and whatnot.

Gears/Halo is the reason why I have 4 controllers for my 360. I have only one for my PS3 and I doubt RFOM will have me buying a 2nd.

Thats my perspective.

Tease.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Griffin said:
starcraft said:
Judging by the first game's,

According to IGN the first gears fell well below RFoM for Gameplay and lasting appeal, and this time Gears won't have its graphics to save it in review scores.  Plus gears2 falls well below the magnitude of options and gamplay modes R2 offers for online play.

Didn't IGN give Gears 2 their E3 graphics award?

And Gears 2 will have like 5 or 6 online modes correct?  How many does Resistance 2 have?

how many times more players will you be able to play in resistance online ? and with less lagg even.

And obviously, resistance 2 is probably better.. i wouldn't mind getting gears on my ps3 tho. But i don't need it either.

Check out my game about moles ^

Haha, he wishes. GeOW2 will be like a spec of dust on Resistance 2.

MGS4!

Here we go again: The king of diplomacy speaks and how typical can he be? Ted has been asked that question several times and he always says that both games are unique and interesting in their own right. I don't know how anyone can find Cliff affable in any manner. He flat out annoys me.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Damstr8 said:
@Stats87

yes,it has a military rank progression system.along with experience points and whatnot.

cool to hear...err...read

thanks

I guess i'll be gameflying GeoW2. Thanks Douch..uhh I mean Clifford. :P

And i'll be buying R2 day one. I support the classy folks at Insomniac.