By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Pro-Life

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network
elprincipe said:
Timmah! - I really hate that people have to see those types of photos in these sorts of discussions, but really, I think most people who are pro-"choice" have no idea, no idea at all. Everyone who feels abortion should be legal should take a long, hard look at what you posted and ask themselves if they are comfortable with what they see. I doubt many will admit to that.

Well I'm not comfortable with a 7 month old fetus being aborted - that is illegal and in my opinion wrong. The rest of them however I'm completely comfortable with being aborted.

You may have your opinions on whether this is wrong but clearly a large proportion of the rest of the population does not think it is wrong. Unless you can come up with a universally accepted definition of life then I don't see how you can claim your opinion is worth more than theirs.
You don't have to have an abortion if you don't want to but don't try and force other people not to because of your own personal definition of life.

It's sick. A foetus alive and a separate being, imo. I think abortion is killing but with that said other women do what they want... I know many that regret it later on...

Personally, I wouldn't do it unless my life was in danger. I chose to have sex and I am concious of the consequences. So I wouldn't terminate a foetus' life because of my choices. I would take full responsibility and I wouldn't hate the kid because of that... Silly people!

Pro-life through and through. Even in the case of rape, the baby could still be adopted.

makingmusic476 said:
Pro-life through and through. Even in the case of rape, the baby could still be adopted.

That'd be well good if;

1) The child being adopted magically solved the emotional harm caused by carrying a giving birth to a child conceived through rape.

2) Adoption was a magical thing that meant that every unwanted child got a loving family and there weren't already hundreds of thousands of unwanted children up for adoption.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
epsilon72 said:
O-D-C said:
Pro-choice, if someone cant support brigning another life into this world financly and lovingly then they have no right to make it suffer through a hard life.

We've already found a fix for that situation.

do you realize how many children are up for adoption? millions. Do you know how many get adopted? very few. Why? Because people who adopt seem to adopt from poor 3rd world countries for some ars reason versus helping children of our own country.

Millions of children in general, not millions of newly born babies.  In the US, there are over 2 million couples waiting to adopt a new born child, yet there are only 50,000 new born children actually adopted each year.

Source: Abortionfacts.com

The ones not being adopted are older children in foster care, as prospective parents thinking of adoption usually want a child they can raise from birth.

Rath said:
makingmusic476 said:

That'd be well good if;

1) The child being adopted magically solved the emotional harm caused by carrying a giving birth to a child conceived through rape.

2) Adoption was a magical thing that meant that every unwanted child got a loving family and there weren't already hundreds of thousands of unwanted children up for adoption.

1.  The majority of the emotional harm would stem from the actual raping, and the probability of guilt from the abortion would only make things worse.

2. See my post above.

makingmusic476 said:
Rath said:
makingmusic476 said:

That'd be well good if;

1. The majority of the emotional harm would stem from the actual raping, and the probability of guilt from the abortion would only make things worse.

2. See my post above.

Even from an anti abortion method, that's still forcing the burden of going through pregnancy and childbirth without any choice on her part. That I find unreasonable. That's basically on the same level (though smaller scale) as saying that America should give up it's personal rights because terrorists are killing people. By keeping our personal rights, we're killing people.
Essentially, saying that a woman who is pregnant by rape should carry to term no matter what is pretty much allowing her rapist to hold her hostage. "suffer the consequences of my actions, or else you'll kill this baby" except he's the one who set her up in this position. If you toss someone of a cliff, it's the ground that kills them, sure, but you are the one responsible for their death. Same thing here, the woman may choose to save the baby, but if she doesn't, the responsibility still falls on the rapist.

Of course, any abortion should still be done as early as possible before life and viability become a bigger issue.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

makingmusic

You are awesome my friend.

its funny really, all of this "pro choice" people that are ripping into us pro lifes only seem to see it black and white, you either kill the humane or you are forced to raise her,

are you people reading the discussion or just trying to give your two cents without looking for something to spend it on?

ADOPTION