By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's a real controversial issue and I can imagine that some one would be severley affected by such an ordeal , and I could understand some one's judgement being affected to the extent that they'd want to abort a baby if that traumatic event was linked to the birth.

But at the end of the day you still have to deal with it and keep on living , that's what humans do , that's how we've been able to survive for god knows how long. If you decide to abort a baby the intent to murder may not be the same as putting the trigger to the babies head and pulling it but the end effect is still the same.

Murder is still murder regardless of circumstance and like i've said before the only situatiion i could imagine take a life being justifiable is when yours or anothers is in jepordy.

Around the Network

its never a waste to hope for someone else

mesoteto said:
its never a waste to hope for someone else

Hope for what? That they'll come around to your way of thinking?

A bit narcissistic, don't you think?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

makingmusic476 said:
ssj12 said:
epsilon72 said:
O-D-C said:
Pro-choice, if someone cant support brigning another life into this world financly and lovingly then they have no right to make it suffer through a hard life.

We've already found a fix for that situation.

do you realize how many children are up for adoption? millions. Do you know how many get adopted? very few. Why? Because people who adopt seem to adopt from poor 3rd world countries for some ars reason versus helping children of our own country.

Millions of children in general, not millions of newly born babies. In the US, there are over 2 million couples waiting to adopt a new born child, yet there are only 50,000 new born children actually adopted each year.

Source: Abortionfacts.com

The ones not being adopted are older children in foster care, as prospective parents thinking of adoption usually want a child they can raise from birth.

Yeah... maybe those millions of couples waiting to adopt children shouldn't be such huge dicks demanding a new model?

ANTI. Abortion is a smear upon the morality of people and the sanctity of human life.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
its funny really, all of this "pro choice" people that are ripping into us pro lifes only seem to see it black and white, you either kill the humane or you are forced to raise her,

are you people reading the discussion or just trying to give your two cents without looking for something to spend it on?

ADOPTION

Their are more than 50 million children who have to live a horrible life adopt them.

Rath said:
elprincipe said:
Timmah! - I really hate that people have to see those types of photos in these sorts of discussions, but really, I think most people who are pro-"choice" have no idea, no idea at all. Everyone who feels abortion should be legal should take a long, hard look at what you posted and ask themselves if they are comfortable with what they see. I doubt many will admit to that.

Well I'm not comfortable with a 7 month old fetus being aborted - that is illegal and in my opinion wrong. The rest of them however I'm completely comfortable with being aborted.

You may have your opinions on whether this is wrong but clearly a large proportion of the rest of the population does not think it is wrong. Unless you can come up with a universally accepted definition of life then I don't see how you can claim your opinion is worth more than theirs.
You don't have to have an abortion if you don't want to but don't try and force other people not to because of your own personal definition of life.

You are asking me not to try to force people to...refrain from murdering their own child.  I am sure when I put it that way you can understand that I would advocate just that, stopping as many murders as possible, just as with any other life.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

konnichiwa said:
mesoteto said:
if you made the mistake of not having him put on a condom you must live with the results and give birth but if it was a product of rape or something similar then i still think it is wrong to take the life but exceptions must be considered

So you are saying. If it was a accident PUNISH the mom and Punish the child to let it be born?

You're thinking way too much in black and white. You can't guarantee that a woman that accidently has a child will end up neglectful as a mother. Also you broadly assume that everyone would rather be dead than have shitty parents. I myself would rather enjoy the remainder of my life and just deal with the bad parenting when I was growing up. I wouldn't welcome my own death for something so arbitrary.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

WessleWoggle said:

I think you should all not say anything definate until you know facts.

Do you know how aware fetusus are? No.

Do I know how aware they are? No.

We can't know if it's right or wrong unless we could actually experience what the fetus experienced.

Well I would be hugely amazed if anything could possibly be aware without any brain waves. So yeah, I do know how aware they are at least up to that point - they're not. Awareness by definition requires perception of an event and cognitive reaction to it, that is not possible in a thing without a working brain.

Kasz216 said:
makingmusic476 said:
ssj12 said:
epsilon72 said:
O-D-C said:
Pro-choice, if someone cant support brigning another life into this world financly and lovingly then they have no right to make it suffer through a hard life.

We've already found a fix for that situation.

do you realize how many children are up for adoption? millions. Do you know how many get adopted? very few. Why? Because people who adopt seem to adopt from poor 3rd world countries for some ars reason versus helping children of our own country.

Millions of children in general, not millions of newly born babies. In the US, there are over 2 million couples waiting to adopt a new born child, yet there are only 50,000 new born children actually adopted each year.

Source: Abortionfacts.com

The ones not being adopted are older children in foster care, as prospective parents thinking of adoption usually want a child they can raise from birth.

Yeah... maybe those millions of couples waiting to adopt children shouldn't be such huge dicks demanding a new model?

That may be the case. 

But still, if the mother decides to have the child and put it up for adoption, it's almost guaranteed to actually be adopted (unless it has some obvious handicap - sad, but that's usually how it works).   Older children who are not being adopted are usually those taken from their parents via social services, or those whose parents abandoned them, or whose parents died.

As far as abortion is concerned, adoption is a viable alternative.