By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Nintendo has "ruined" gaming

I should also note there is rampant fanboyism on the Nintendo side as well.

@Alcohol, the "revolution" part is fanboyism. The Wii is a system that is exploring new control mechanisms for mainstream use(several of them). The other consoles aren't really doing that (with the exception of the small amount of attention given to the eyetoy). It's not a revolution, it's innovation. The HD consoles improved their graphics but we've all been watching that happen for a long time and the results of the improvement were entirely predictable (and therefor less interesting, though no less impressive to watch).

Around the Network

@ 4lc0h0l all grate games which have new things in them that some can only be made on Wii. But its your opinion and I respect that

But really you must be yoking right? About the Mario thing ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

RolStoppable said:
The more successful the Wii becomes the more enjoyable it becomes to read those posts from frustrated hardcore gamers.

It is ironic that the sweetest thing on the internet is the bitter tears of the snobcore, and yet the irony makes it no less true.

GlingGling said:

Only time can heal the wounds that Nintendo inflicted on HD fanboys. It's ok to write these pieces, because they are all important to the potential recovery of fanboys. In some deep recesses of a fanboys brain the pieces are being put together. One day when when intellectual and mental maturity reach threshold levels they will realize there is actually no need for fanboyism at all.

In the mean time we can sit and wait for the future to arrive. Maybe play some video games to pass the time.

Considering how even a man on his deathbed can be a fanboy for his sportsteam and whatnot, I doubt that day will ever truly arrive. Besides, fanboyism can be entertaining to watch (sometimes), albeit only from a great distance. Still, I liked the rest of your post.

@OP 

Well said Mike

Tifa got MOVES!

MontanaHatchet said:
Who are you trying to convince with this? Did you just feel like writing a nice little essay, or did you actually think you would change the mind of some detractors? Or did you just want some high fives from other Nintendo fans?

No, I really am curious why people bother writing things like this.

Yes, why write anything.  In fact, we should all just stop posting anything on any website.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
kjj4t9rdad said:
you can enjoy your PS2 with the fancy controller. I'll be playing a real next gen console. The PS3 is the only true next gen console!

Thanks for the trolling. See you in a few days.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Roma said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
you can enjoy your PS2 with the fancy controller. I'll be playing a real next gen console. The PS3 is the only true next gen console!

At least I have something new too experience ;) not the same old thing over and over again. Two times of the same thing is ok but not a third.

Sony leads not fallows ;)

Yeah, too bad you're playing the same IPs over and over with a new control scheme =/. Sure you get some new IPs, but most of them are shovelware, and those Wii game like WiiFit and WiiSports that get boring very fast. At least on the PS360, we get new AAA IPs such as Gears of War, Uncharted, Bioshock, Mass Effect, along with great AAA sequels and AA multiplatform games. Most, if not all have achievements, online support, voice chatting, leaderboards, etc. Also PixelJunk Eden is the most innovative game this gen. It is done without a wiimote =))

Roma said:
kjj4t9rdad said:

At least I have something new too experience ;) not the same old thing over and over again. Two times of the same thing is ok but not a third.

Sony leads not fallows ;)  

"Third time's a charm."

Diomedes1976 said:

Thats only your opinion.I can assure you that back in the Dreamcast days with Virtua Tennis my dream wasnt to have a worse looking game where I cant even control the player run but I get to hit the ball(well ,three times of four at least) with a swing of my hand.For core gamers the evolution of the industry was just fine as it was,I think it most Nintendo fans that by having their company in the top again seem compelled to justify whatever.

Takes a big core gamer to admit they can't control a game using "analogous to real-life" controls.  Up to this point all your opinions are just that, opinions.  You yourself must have somehow graduated through various stages to become the core gamer you are today... and you begrudge anyone else that.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

Lol i am not joking about mario xD it took me like 6 or 7 hours to get everything xD played it and really enjoyed it =) thats a game i really like for the console, but the problem is what do you do with wii games after you beat them, i think a wii 2.0 will be the best console seriously, but the problem is far more deep with the wii right now, no third parties are taking the risk to throw big budget games like for example look at dead space, great game, its coming out with an animated film, solid story, thats one thing that you wont be seeing on this wii generation, whats with expanding the game with DLC achivements or trophies, i think that on nintendo games that would be bigger than on everyother game, and online well you now mario kart has a ok online system, but when you compare it with the other systems like ps3 and 360 its so far away from beeing something similar that is frustrating, well that is my opinion, i love zelda games (which took me more time xD didnt beat it so fast cant remember the exact time, but i am a hug fan of zelda so i read every dialog on detail) mario games but i dont know i need something competitive, i think that if nintendo had made brawl with a good online service to play i dont know 2v2 team games but with good matching system friends list and DLC with new character and had a system hard drive man i would have really not care for the graphics, they really dont make a game good or not, but are things like that from what i had my huge dissapointment from the wii (ONLINE AND SUPPORT for wii games is broke, maybe it will change for wii 2.0)