By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Nintendo has "ruined" gaming

Nice thread,I hope nintendo annouce core games soon though.

Around the Network
Mirson said:
Roma said:
kjj4t9rdad said:

Yeah, too bad you're playing the same IPs over and over with a new control scheme =/. Sure you get some new IPs, but most of them are shovelware, and those Wii game like WiiFit and WiiSports that get boring very fast. At least on the PS360, we get new AAA IPs such as Gears of War, Uncharted, Bioshock, Mass Effect, along with great AAA sequels and AA multiplatform games. Most, if not all have achievements, online support, voice chatting, leaderboards, etc. Also PixelJunk Eden is the most innovative game this gen. It is done without a wiimote =))

I'll grant you that Roma was overreaching, to put it politely, but you're hardly doing any better here buddy. It's easy to say that Nintendo is creating "the same IPs" when you immediately discount the myriad new ones they've created. Unfortunately, it also makes you look ridiculous. It's also amusing to see you call Wii Sports and Wii Fit "shovelware" in light of the fact that they're two of the biggest system sellers this or any generation has ever seen. Or do you intend to play the snobcore card, and say that it's still shovelware, but the unwashed masses lack your sophisticated, nuanced tastes in gaming? (Note: that's hard to do in light of your praising Gears of War, i.e. the umpteenth Bald Space Marine Saves Humanity From An Alien Invasion game. Nothing against Gears here, but you can't exactly pick it as an example of something fresh and new, let alone sophisticated...)

I'll also take some time to point out the obvious: the Wii's seen plenty of new IPs, from first and third parties, and quite a few of them are actually kind of good, so you sound ignorant when you claim otherwise.

Finally, you listed new IPs, but not new experiences, which is what Roma was driving at. Gears, Uncharted, Bioshock, etc. are all fine games, and good refinements of what they're built upon. But they are NOT new experiences by any stretch of the imagination. Gears has already been addressed, Uncharted is the male Lara Croft, Bioshock is System Shock with a new motif, and Mass Effect uses many of the same things that other Bioware RPGs have (although I'll grant you that mixing it in with shooter elements is neat). In other words, they're just the same flavors we've always had, but with new toppings. By contrast, you can do things with the Wii that can't be done on other systems, as anyone who's played Wii Sports/Fit, Boom Blox, Elebits, etc. can attest to.

Now, whether you, Mirson, personally like what the Wii offers is a subjective question which I can not answer, nor do I care about. But the claims you made in the post I quoted...let's just say you've got some serious 'splainin to do.

Mirson said:
Roma said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
you can enjoy your PS2 with the fancy controller. I'll be playing a real next gen console. The PS3 is the only true next gen console!

At least I have something new too experience ;) not the same old thing over and over again. Two times of the same thing is ok but not a third.

Sony leads not fallows ;)

Yeah, too bad you're playing the same IPs over and over with a new control scheme =/. Sure you get some new IPs, but most of them are shovelware, and those Wii game like WiiFit and WiiSports that get boring very fast. At least on the PS360, we get new AAA IPs such as Gears of War, Uncharted, Bioshock, Mass Effect, along with great AAA sequels and AA multiplatform games. Most, if not all have achievements, online support, voice chatting, leaderboards, etc. Also PixelJunk Eden is the most innovative game this gen. It is done without a wiimote =))

Yeah I'm playing all of those old Ips like No More Heroes, Boom Blox, Zack & Wiki, Trauma Center, Elebits,and Lost Winds. And those future old ips like Fragile, The Conduit, Arc Rise Fantasia, Rune Factory, Little King's Story, Disaster Day of Crisis, Mushroom Men, Deadly Creatures,etc./Sarcasm  What is wrong with old Ips? I'm playing almost every old ip in a new way. I like the old Ips.  as well as new ones. Also there are many series I didn't even touch yet that are coming to the Wii, so to me those are basically new ips. As for most innovative game this generation, that is a matter of opinion.

RolStoppable said:
The more successful the Wii becomes the more enjoyable it becomes to read those posts from frustrated hardcore gamers.

And a bit sad hehe Is like watching old men seating in a bench criticizing everything.

Both Sony and Nintendo ruined gaming. Nintendo ruined gaming with casual minigames and shovelware. Sony ruined it with an overpriced blu ray player inferior ports, installs and lack of aaa games. Microsoft has everything you need.

Around the Network

yeah like 6 hours like from 4 to 10 started and finished the game with 120 stars

Liar said:
Both Sony and Nintendo ruined gaming. Nintendo ruined gaming with casual minigames and shovelware. Sony ruined it with an overpriced blu ray player inferior ports, installs and lack of aaa games. Microsoft has everything you need.

True. I wouldn't know what to do with gaming were it not for Red Ring of Death and for-pay online...

I kid, of course, but let's just say we REALLY don't share the same opinion on this one, especially about the "casual minigames and shovelware" comment, unless you honestly believe that shovelware is a new phenomenom, and having people enjoy "casual minigames" somehow decreases your enjoyment of Galaxy, Brawl, etc.

4lch0h0l said:

yeah like 6 hours like from 4 to 10 started and finished

Sorry dude, but I gotta call BS on that one, unless you had a strategy guide or some such, and even then you were just blowing right through it without taking any time to just goof around.

Liar said:

man you and i know that the game doesnt really have dialogs and they are pretty short, some stars require not more than a minute to get and others 5 minutes so it really depends.... i only know i beat it at 1 day after launch started and finished night and i said 6 or 7 hours i really dont know but finished it as i said after launch till like 10

mm what you are asking can be easily found on a faq but let me say what i remember lets see i will tell you somethings that you cant find easily on the internet so you dont tell me i am bullshitting, you fight 2 times the first pirahna at the first stage and then at one of the last you fight it again but its lava pirhana or something like that (its red) mm you rescue luigi from the haunted house (converting to a ghost so you can go throught the bars) and then he helps you to find a couple stars, then what else mm lets see there are 2 stars i think at the game were you help a robot cleaning the trash (throwing bombs) one at something like battlefleet fortress i cant remember =/ that good mm i think there are 2 races when you ride over a manta ray do you need more info??? or you will belive me now.... ahh something else you get the flying wings at the place were rosalina stands when you grab purple coins i think