By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Nintendo has "ruined" gaming

RolStoppable said:
4lc0h0l said:

man you and i know that the game doesnt really have dialogs and they are pretty short, some stars require not more than a minute to get and others 5 minutes so it really depends.... i only know i beat it at 1 day after launch started and finished night and i said 6 or 7 hours i really dont know but finished it as i said after launch till like 10

It looks like my words stand against yours. Who of us to believe?

Ignore him, he's obviously lying ...

I've played and completed every Mario game ever, and I simply don't know how anyone could get the 120 stars in less than 20 hours unless they knew everything about the game and were doing a speed run.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
4lc0h0l said:
mm what you are asking can be easily found on a faq but let me say what i remember lets see i will tell you somethings that you cant find easily on the internet so you dont tell me i am bullshitting, you fight 2 times the first pirahna at the first stage and then at one of the last you fight it again but its lava pirhana or something like that (its red) mm you rescue luigi from the haunted house (converting to a ghost so you can go throught the bars) and then he helps you to find a couple stars, then what else mm lets see there are 2 stars i think at the game were you help a robot cleaning the trash (throwing bombs) one at something like battlefleet fortress i cant remember =/ that good mm i think there are 2 races when you ride over a manta ray do you need more info??? or you will belive me now....

I think these things can be found on FAQs or you could just ask someone who has played the game to tell you a few things about the game.

But it really doesn't matter. 120 stars can't be collected in six hours, even less so (less than nothing, huh?) when you play the game for the very first time.

@HappySqurriel: It took me 18-19 hours to collect 120 stars the first time I played the game, so...

Fine, prove me wrong :(

Seriously though, in order for someone to be good enough to complete Mario Galaxy in less than 10 hours with all stars you would have to find collecting every star to be a trivial task ... If you're playing a cinematic game where the story keeps you playing you might be able to complete a short game if it is that easy, but you can't enjoy a game like Mario if it is trivial. I find it difficult to believe that someone who found the game that easy would not be so bored after an hour that they would turn off the system and walk away.

lol ok i am not going to discuss with you anymore i cant remember how much green stars does the game have if i played it more than 9 months ago or something like that..... i just know i beated it on one afternon so i really dont care if u dont belive me and its not the point of the topic.. at all SMG is a good game but pretty easy i think i never died or just ones...

if i still had my wii i would have checked mi log

^^@4lc0h0l^^

You are lying and anyone who played the game knows that you are. It took me 40+ hours to get all 242 stars. There is no possible way that it took you 6 hours to get half of that.

The day I got it, I stayed up most of the night playing. Lets say it was somewhere around the six hours you claimed. I pretty sure I didn't even have the highest observatory powered up in that time, let alone collect all the stars.

You never died, or only died once?  I thought the game was a little on the easy side for a Mario game, but this is ridiculous.  I guessing you played the first couple of levels and quit, if that.  Some of the later levels, and especially Luigi's Purple Coins and the purple coins on the space junk levels are extremely difficult.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I'll give 4lc0h0l the benefit of the doubt, that he just misremembers how long he played over the course of a day or two, since it was quite a few months ago the game released. 6-7 hours sounds like a speedrun time to me too. I'm not sure the point of the argument with him.

As for the thread... I have to agree that it gets more and more fun to watch the hardcore fume, as the Wii rises to new levels of success and the overall experience of the console gets fleshed out.

The OP is not totally original, exactly. I didn't get past the first line without realizing that this was another Wii/NES comparison. But we can afford to have this discussion every few weeks or months just to see how the rhetoric changes.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

So? Nintendo has never rev'd anything...Gameboy Advance looked like the GameGear. Wii controller was taken from the dreamcast prototype controller. The abiltiy of the wii is the same as a console that went under a long time ago (ps1 era.) The NES was basice just with a slighly different controller a d-pad...

mike_intellivision said:

It is merely starting the next evolution in gaming.

I hate to break it to some people on this forum, but the Wiimote is nothing spectacular.  Instead of pressing x, you waive your hand side to side, instead of pressing square, you waive your hand up and down.  If that is your prefered method of input to the game, so be it, but it isn't preferred by everyone.  That isn't totally directed at you Mike, but at some fan boys who have posted on this thread and across this site.

cwbys21 said:
mike_intellivision said:

It is merely starting the next evolution in gaming.

I hate to break it to some people on this forum, but the Wiimote is nothing spectacular.  Instead of pressing x, you waive your hand side to side, instead of pressing square, you waive your hand up and down.  If that is your prefered method of input to the game, so be it, but it isn't preferred by everyone.  That isn't totally directed at you Mike, but at some fan boys who have posted on this thread and across this site.

No, it's more advanced than that. At least in games which were built from scratch to use the wiimote's functions properly (Kororinpa, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox), and not ports of other games which simply emulate button presses (Zelda: TP is probably the most obvious offender). The latter can also apply to games designed with a lack of imagination, but to use that as the barometer of the wiimote's abilities is short-sighted.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gearbox said:
So? Nintendo has never rev'd anything...Gameboy Advance looked like the GameGear. Wii controller was taken from the dreamcast prototype controller. The abiltiy of the wii is the same as a console that went under a long time ago (ps1 era.) The NES was basice just with a slighly different controller a d-pad...

My God, how do you even manage to operate a personal computer? Does anyone else think its time for this guy to get a vacation?

nintendo is better than any other company! IMO