By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Halo 3 for the PC Confirmed?

I think the PC version of Halo had at least one new map. I also think you could make maps too through some free software download if you owned the game, but I don't remember.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

sieanr said:
FJ-Warez said:
ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
IllegalPaladin said:
When are those coming out? I've been content with XP so is Windows 7 going to be that much better to really warrant a new OS?

remember that XP is a heavily modified windows 98 (or is it 96... forget). M$ has this weird thing where they take their main base product and modify it constantly till it doesnt suck so in this case Vista -> Vienna (Windows 7) -> ????.

XP comes from the Windows 2000/NT family of operating systems.

Vista is a new kernel and windows 7 is just an improvement upon Vista.

NT family started as the shell for Windows 95 GUI so way before Windows 2000.

I explained their OS strat in a less technical way.

Not really the kernel from NT (2000,XP) is very different from 95-98-Me... in fact NT comes from another company who got bought by MS...

Shhh... let him think that he knows what he is talking about.

You also shouldn't mention that OSX and Linux development paths are just building off the base product, like what he things Windows is doing.

no sh*t... really.....  I would never have guessed. Geez YDL have only stuck with the CentOS base since it's core was released....

Windows NT family

CodenamePreliminary nameFinal nameNotes
NT OS/2 OS/2 3.0 Windows NT 3.1  
Daytona   Windows NT 3.5  
SUR (Shell Update Release), Cairo[3]   Windows NT 4.0 Microsoft originally planned for NT 4.0 to be just a simple "Shell Update Release" to integrate the Windows 95 GUI with Windows NT 3.51's kernel.

cough.. I win? I think so. Windows NT 3.1 I think was just a development stage and never used same with 3.5.

lol. win 9x/me are not based on NT architecture. Even the notes on the table you posted (with very limited information btw) say that 4.0 was just gonna take windows 95's gui.

What's the surprise. Every 360 'exclusive' eventually comes to PC. MS doesn't care, they make money on either platform.

It was inevitable.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

shio said:
tabsina said:
theraweness said:
What exactly is the point of buying a xbox. PC has better graphics, all of their exclusive games, better graphics, better controls, free online, more games in addition to all of xboxes good games.

while i am content to wait, i think the obvious reason would be "not needing to wait 2 years"

And how long are 360 owners going to wait for Diablo 3? Starcraft 2? Dragon Age: Origins? The Sims 3? SPORE? Warhammer Online? etc.... Exactly.

While PC is waiting for Halo 3 and Gears of War 2, we are getting:
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
-Battlefield Heroes
-Quake Live
-Crysis
-Crysis Warhead
-Zeno Clash

While PC is waiting for Fable 2, we are playing:
-Dragon Age: Origins
-The Witcher
-Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
-Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
-Lord of the Rings Online
-Warhammer Online

See where I'm going? The people who use the "not need to wait 2 years", it's a bad excuse.

I don't like waiting 2 years.. I don't even like waiting 6 months. How is it a bad excuse?

If people want to play games that have been out for months or years then they should be prepared to be underwhelmed since anything innovative and new at the time would be considered average by the time its released on another platform.

There's also a social aspect, when Mass Effect and GTA IV came out I talked with coworkers everyday on how they progressed, we'd share stories and spoilers on crap that would happen. Tips and tricks on how to beat certain areas. It made the workdays go by faster...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

no news to me. Besides that. Halo 2 sucked so hard on PC and Halo 1 was a mediocre port.
Even I don't like Halo if it hasn't a Co-op mode.

gebx said:
shio said:
tabsina said:
theraweness said:
What exactly is the point of buying a xbox. PC has better graphics, all of their exclusive games, better graphics, better controls, free online, more games in addition to all of xboxes good games.

while i am content to wait, i think the obvious reason would be "not needing to wait 2 years"

And how long are 360 owners going to wait for Diablo 3? Starcraft 2? Dragon Age: Origins? The Sims 3? SPORE? Warhammer Online? etc.... Exactly.

-Battlefield Heroes
-Quake Live
-Crysis
-Crysis Warhead
-Zeno Clash

-The Witcher
-Warhammer Online

See where I'm going? The people who use the "not need to wait 2 years", it's a bad excuse.

I don't like waiting 2 years.. I don't even like waiting 6 months. How is it a bad excuse?

If people want to play games that have been out for months or years then they should be prepared to be underwhelmed since anything innovative and new at the time would be considered average by the time its released on another platform.

There's also a social aspect, when Mass Effect and GTA IV came out I talked with coworkers everyday on how they progressed, we'd share stories and spoilers on crap that would happen. Tips and tricks on how to beat certain areas. It made the workdays go by faster...

It's a bad excuse because while PC gamers are waiting for the 360 ports, they are getting much more games. The PC gamer won't even feel like they're waiting, since they'll be playing great in the meantime.

shio said:
gebx said:
shio said:
tabsina said:
theraweness said:

-Battlefield Heroes
-Quake Live
-Crysis
-Crysis Warhead
-Zeno Clash

-The Witcher
-Warhammer Online

It's a bad excuse because while PC gamers are waiting for the 360 ports, they are getting much more games. The PC gamer won't even feel like they're waiting, since they'll be playing great in the meantime.

That's exactly the point why I gave up playing PC and bought a 360. I was waiting forever for the really great games to come out. Grand Theft Auto, KotoR and I don't even want to mention current gen games.

It sucked and most of the PC games suck even more. At the moment I have approximately 100 Xbox 360 games and about 250 PC games and all I have to say is, that I prefer my "small" 360 collection by far.

Yay! Dedicated servers FTW! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

shio said:
tabsina said:
theraweness said:

-Battlefield Heroes
-Quake Live
-Crysis
-Crysis Warhead
-Zeno Clash

-The Witcher
-Warhammer Online

It's not a bad excuse. When Mass Effect 2 hits, I don't want to wait 2 years, 1 year, 6 months, or 6 days. I want to be able to play it day one. Same with Fable 2, BioShock 2, Gears 2, etc.

I mean, we get it, shio- you like PC.