By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Halo 3 for the PC Confirmed?

After being burned by the Hype->Letdown of Halo 1, i think i'll give this one a miss..

i guess it was expected that this would be released, since H1+2 did, this one would be following suit..

anywho, won't be out until at least this time next year imo

Around the Network

If it's not a Vista only game, then I might consider picking it up.

But since it's most likely going to be a Vista only game just like Halo 2, I'll probably just give it a pass since the online is the only thing that might appeal to me

It is being released for Windows 7 and DX11.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

When are those coming out? I've been content with XP so is Windows 7 going to be that much better to really warrant a new OS?

IllegalPaladin said:
When are those coming out? I've been content with XP so is Windows 7 going to be that much better to really warrant a new OS?

remember that XP is a heavily modified windows 98 (or is it 96... forget). M$ has this weird thing where they take their main base product and modify it constantly till it doesnt suck so in this case Vista -> Vienna (Windows 7) -> ????.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

remember that XP is a heavily modified windows 98 (or is it 96... forget). M$ has this weird thing where they take their main base product and modify it constantly till it doesnt suck so in this case Vista -> Vienna (Windows 7) -> ????.

XP comes from the Windows 2000/NT family of operating systems.

Vista is a new kernel and windows 7 is just an improvement upon Vista.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

NT family started as the shell for Windows 95 GUI so way before Windows 2000.

I explained their OS strat in a less technical way.

What exactly is the point of buying a xbox. PC has better graphics, all of their exclusive games, better graphics, better controls, free online, more games in addition to all of xboxes good games.

Do NOT click on this link.

DO Click on this link.

ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Not really the kernel from NT (2000,XP) is very different from 95-98-Me... in fact NT comes from another company who got bought by MS...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Not really the kernel from NT (2000,XP) is very different from 95-98-Me... in fact NT comes from another company who got bought by MS...

Shhh... let him think that he knows what he is talking about.

You also shouldn't mention that OSX and Linux development paths are just building off the base product, like what he things Windows is doing.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"