By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Halo 3 for the PC Confirmed?

kingofwale said:
kira hibiki said:
Is it real? If it is I am getting it again for PC and there will be no use for my halo machine since free online and keyboard + mouse > controller.

why is this a shocker? we all know Halo 3 would come on PC eventually.

As sure as the next movie-game is going to suck.

Oh come on, the .......... uh, nevermind. I guess all videogame movies suck...... Except street fighter.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
ssj12 said:

sieanr said:
FJ-Warez said:
ssj12 said:

NT family started as the shell for Windows 95 GUI so way before Windows 2000.

I explained their OS strat in a less technical way.

Not really the kernel from NT (2000,XP) is very different from 95-98-Me... in fact NT comes from another company who got bought by MS...

Shhh... let him think that he knows what he is talking about.

You also shouldn't mention that OSX and Linux development paths are just building off the base product, like what he things Windows is doing.

no sh*t... really.....  I would never have guessed. Geez YDL have only stuck with the CentOS base since it's core was released....

Windows NT family

Codename Preliminary name Final name Notes
NT OS/2 OS/2 3.0 Windows NT 3.1
Daytona Windows NT 3.5
SUR (Shell Update Release), Cairo[3] Windows NT 4.0 Microsoft originally planned for NT 4.0 to be just a simple "Shell Update Release" to integrate the Windows 95 GUI with Windows NT 3.51's kernel.

cough.. I win? I think so. Windows NT 3.1 I think was just a development stage and never used same with 3.5.

Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Home Server, and Windows Server 2008 are based upon the Windows NT system, although they are not branded as Windows NT.

Partial MS-DOS compatibility was achieved via an integrated DOS Virtual Machine.

When Windows 3.0 was released in May 1990, it was eventually so successful that Microsoft decided to change the primary application programming interface for the still unreleased NT OS/2 (as it was then known) from an extended OS/2 API to an extended Windows API. This decision caused tension between Microsoft and IBM and the collaboration ultimately fell apart. IBM continued OS/2 development alone while Microsoft continued work on the newly renamed Windows NT. Though neither operating system would immediately be as popular as Microsoft's DOS or Windows products, Windows NT would eventually be far more successful than OS/2.

Microsoft hired a group of developers from Digital Equipment Corporation led by Dave Cutler to build Windows NT, and many elements of the design reflect earlier DEC experience with Cutler's VMS and RSX-11.

Sorry, you are wrong... (Cairo was cancelled: Cairo never shipped, although portions of its technologies have since appeared in other products. Projects Cancelled: Cairo · Nashville · Neptune · Odyssey · Related: OS/2)

Monolithic Kernel

MS-DOS / 9x 1.0 · 2.0 · 2.1x · 3.0 · 3.1x · 95 · 98 · Me

Hybrid Kernel

NT NT 3.1 · NT 3.5 · NT 3.51 · NT 4.0 · 2000 · XP (editions· Server 2003 · Fundamentals for Legacy PCs · Vista (editions· Home Server · Server 2008

Windows NT Releases
Version Marketing Name Editions Release Date RTM Build
NT 3.1 Windows NT 3.1 Workstation (named just Windows NT), Advanced Server July 27, 1993 528
NT 3.5 Windows NT 3.5 Workstation, Server September 21, 1994 807
NT 3.51 Windows NT 3.51 Workstation, Server May 30, 1995 1057
NT 4.0 Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, Server, Server Enterprise Edition, Terminal Server, Embedded July 29, 1996 1381
NT 5.0 Windows 2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server, Datacenter Server February 17, 2000 2195
NT 5.1 Windows XP Home, Professional, 64-bit Edition (Itanium), Media Center (original, 2003, 2004 & 2005), Tablet PC (original and 2005), Starter, Embedded, Home N, Professional N October 25, 2001 2600
NT 5.1 Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs N/A July 8, 2006 2600
NT 5.2 Windows XP 64-bit Edition Version 2003 (Itanium)[2] March 28, 2003 3790
NT 5.2 Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web, Storage, Small Business Server, Compute Cluster April 24, 2003 3790
NT 5.2 Windows XP Professional x64 Edition April 25, 2005 3790
NT 5.2 Windows Home Server N/A July 16, 2007 3790
NT 6.0 Windows Vista Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, Ultimate, Home Basic N, Business N Business: November 30, 2006
Consumer: January 30, 2007
6001(SP1)
NT 6.0 Windows Server 2008 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Web, Storage, Small Business Server February 27, 2008 6001
NT 6.1 Windows 7 (codenamed Blackcomb, later Vienna) TBA H2 2009 Unknown

interesting, but i thought Vista wasnt apart of the NT family... then again I never pay any attention to the software side of things including OSs minus what distro of linux I use. (fedora 9 FTW, soon fedora 10)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

theraweness said:
What exactly is the point of buying a xbox. PC has better graphics, all of their exclusive games, better graphics, better controls, free online, more games in addition to all of xboxes good games.

There is no point in buying a XBox 360 or a PS3.  Only those who have been tricked by marketing and advertising buy them and it's all just a giant money making scheme by the console developers (though it hasn't always worked out for them) because they are hoping people will buy licenses to make games for their game console.  Really all games could just be made on PC and it would be a true free market of gaming rather than the console dictatorship but lucky for them many people are technology illiterate and are tricked into believing that only technology gurus can game on the PC and that consoles are for the average gamer but really everything would be much better for everybody if everyone just played games on the PC.  Then all games would come out for everybody and also the PC has superior controls and graphics and online play so it is more fun for everyone.

PC Gamer