By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: 360 FFXIII development hasn't begun

^but they are probably used to the PS3 by now

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Hmmmm...well I am sure that it will be well worth the wait. Most anticipated title of 2009......or 2010.

^yeah im thinking the game will be awesome

well, at least we know they are going to finish it on the Ps3 first. but PS3 owners got to wait? the heck? we waited longer than people on 360 had (cause they didn't know). Could at least give us the priveledge to get the game first. Look what Square-Enix did to The Last Remnant. Its possible for them to not do the simutaneous release date if it pushes them too far for the 360 version. Waiting an option? Well thats what MS wants to prevent any takeover if PS3's version were to release in North America and Europe.

Sad truth is I believe PS3's version will outsell software sales than on the 360. So whats the point of simutaneous release? They still will get the 360 version. I just think waiting on 360's version is unnessceary because I don't want the 360 version.

What part of this statement "the PS3 release will be held back in those territories until the 360 version is complete." makes people think the PS3's localization will take longer if they are just going to translate it and change the voiceovers compared to a port totally different and needs more time to develop cause its on a whole different platform.

brute said:
^but they are probably used to the PS3 by now

didnt have anything to do with ps3 really.  rpgs in general take a while for localization... so im sure that ff will take especially long.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

^yeah i also think that it will take long,but you said that it will take longer on PS3

brute said:
^yeah i also think that it will take long,but you said that it will take longer on PS3

i was talking about localization itself vs the rest of the game.  so the 360 should be able to have that completed before the localization is done.  both will then be waiting on the rest of the localization at that point and be fully completed at roughly the same time.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
brute said:

i was talking about localization itself vs the rest of the game.  so the 360 should be able to have that completed before the localization is done.  both will then be waiting on the rest of the localization at that point and be fully completed at roughly the same time.

"We haven't changed the direction of the development. We're making the PS3 version first, and then porting to the 360 later"

"the PS3 release will be held back in those territories until the 360 version is complete"

Did you even read the article? or just ignoring the important parts?

fayewong
seeing as they havent done the localization they cant very well go and release the japanese one somewhere else. and since its not quoted from Motomu Toriyama or Tetsuya Nomura its speculation on behalf of the author... so are you just ignoring the important parts?

what the hell we have to wait just only for the 360 version, common, SE doesnt care for ps3 users at all