By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: 360 FFXIII development hasn't begun

BMaker11 said:

@NJ5

Dammit...I have to say it.....if M$ didn't go around tossing out phat checks to every known developer that supported Sony, all the high profile games we expected this gen would have came out on time........and that's the only way they can get games on their system, because their marketing is ass. In Japan it's dead, and the PS3 is rapidly catching up to in in EU. This is why despite M$ tossing around all that money, the games are STILL coming to the PS3, rather than exclusively to the 360

Perhaps, but look at the other side of the coin - MS's paychecks are also artificially increasing the support HD consoles are getting (and decreasing Wii's support), which helps the PS3.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
BMaker11 said:

@NJ5

Dammit...I have to say it.....if M$ didn't go around tossing out phat checks to every known developer that supported Sony, all the high profile games we expected this gen would have came out on time........and that's the only way they can get games on their system, because their marketing is ass. In Japan it's dead, and the PS3 is rapidly catching up to in in EU. This is why despite M$ tossing around all that money, the games are STILL coming to the PS3, rather than exclusively to the 360

Perhaps, but look at the other side of the coin - MS's paychecks are also artificially increasing the support HD consoles are getting (and decreasing Wii's support), which helps the PS3.

there are "cleaner" way to win a war that too buy them, sony started bad, even i wasn't not planning to buy one til much later later.

xbox360 was set for my buy til ff13 came by, but m$ screwed again in hardware by RRoD, was charging alot for less, live had to pay for it,  and m$ making a crappy product isn't microsoft first.

with my luck i would get RRoD the first month right before a final boss.

so i set myself to assasin creed on the ps3... by the time ps3 40gb was 399$... third party was more supportive and the future showed promise with home announcement.

and sadly the delays are due xbox360  rather than sony fault.

m$ is some way after loosing its shine to the wii/ps3, is now screaming for the attetion of adults (third parties) like a spoiled  brat.

@Jo21: This is business, not Olympic martial arts. Clean tactics aren't the norm in business. Sony did the same in past generations, in this one they're getting overbid and they just have to deal with it.

Yes, Microsoft seems to be at fault for a potential delay of this game (how big of a delay depends on SE's process), but the PS3 too has caused some delays for 360 games (Quake Wars and GTA4 as I said before).

In many ways, the PS3 and 360 are tied together in a sort of a forced marriage and this has both benefits and drawbacks to PS3/360 fans.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5: Actually, Sony are (of course) still doing it this generation. However, they've got less cash on hand so their focus is different than it used to be.

For that matter, Nintendo are no saints either.

It's just that MS is more willing to spend the big cash right now so we see more of these actions from their side.

NJ5 said:
BMaker11 said:

@NJ5

That I can agree with, because the Wii SHOULD have all the high profile games, based on sales alone....but then again, you have to look at the demagogue that the Wii attracts also, which is why it's selling so much

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

Are you saying that MS have paid EVERY known developer that supported Sony and that in itself is responsible for ALL high profile game delays? Absolute rubbish. I guess MS are responsible for the delay of HOME as well, lol.

Perhaps you don't understand the concept of a system seller. When GTAIV was released in the US, it had virtually no effect on hardware sales. If it was exclusive to one system it would have. The same goes for FFXIII. Turning a Sony exclusive into a cross-platform title is a win for MS and a loss for Sony.