By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: 360 FFXIII development hasn't begun

wow, its so funny seeing all these sony fanboys crying over ff13 and how they think just because of the playstation name alone rpg's will sell better, that is complete bs. if a game is good and gets a good word of mouth, that is what determines the success of a game, have u ppl forgot that or are u so blinded by your baised towards the playstation brand that u cant see clearly. perfect example for this is " lost odyssey" a very good rpg and by ppl on various sites how they like it and cant wait for a sequel that is what is driving its sales, and that proves my point and also the point that it doesnt matter what system u own it the game is good and enough ppl say it is , the sales of that game will improve, simple as that. i own both systems and will buy ff13 on each system, why very easy because i like the ff series alot(just not ff12 very bad game). ppl just need to enjoy the games that come to their system and be happy with the games that come to the system they own and stop crying over what happens to the game or series if it should happen to go multi. ps3 owners just be patient, you will get your rpg's in time, just like everyone else.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Held back till the 360 version is done to ensure a similtanious release......... sonys money used to talk....... problem for sony is unlike sega (Legends) microsoft can compete with sony and then some, microsofts money talks louder..... looks like microsoft have sweetened up sqaure... next target kingdom hearts 3 multiplat....looks to me like square have gone green ha ha ha

Ronster316 said:
Held back till the 360 version is done to ensure a similtanious release......... sonys money used to talk....... problem for sony is unlike sega (Legends) microsoft can compete with sony and then some, microsofts money talks louder..... looks like microsoft have sweetened up sqaure... next target kingdom hearts 3 multiplat....looks to me like square have gone green ha ha ha
Yup your reading their minds they will never stop...They have a lot of that green.

no biggy

mrstickball said:
I wouldn't be suprised if the X360 development went so smoothly that it didn't delay the release of the game one bit. After all, they *do* know how quickly development of The Last Remnnant is going - long enough for it to be time exclusive for the Xbox 360.

If anything, they know the PS3 version is going to take longer, so they are focused on it firs and foremost. After all, they don't want to give the Sony gamers a poor game since they spent so much money on their systems :)

In bold, umm what does that have to do with making the game? 360 is getting it as well. It is YOU that should be worried about your game coming on the 360 because its a port so they will have to do a lot of compression on it, while the PS3 version will not. If they do screw up on the PS3 version, most likely you will get it too for the 360. After all, they don't want to give Microsoft gamers a poor game since they spend so much money on their systems. :(

Also The Last Remnant was done with the Unreal Engine which is friendly on the Xbox 360, FFXIII is on a different engine, Crystal Tools. You can't compare the two games and hope it will be made "easy" like baking a cake.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
I wouldn't be suprised if the X360 development went so smoothly that it didn't delay the release of the game one bit. After all, they *do* know how quickly development of The Last Remnnant is going - long enough for it to be time exclusive for the Xbox 360.

If anything, they know the PS3 version is going to take longer, so they are focused on it firs and foremost. After all, they don't want to give the Sony gamers a poor game since they spent so much money on their systems :)

Complete flamebait, if you were a regular user you would have been banned already for this. Unfortunately since you're a mod, we won't get any justice.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

I see this as a good thing. US version of the game gets to be polished for like a year after it hits Japan. Sweet -- I got loads of PS2 JRPGs, and a 60GB PS3, to hold me over until then. ;)

Off topic: I just scored the entire Grandia trilogy for PS1/PS2... I can't believe how I have missed out on Grandia all these years. It *is* better than FF7 (for me.. I'm sure its very much a personal preference). I always assumed that just wasn't possible, because I like FF a lot. But yep... its better. I love it.

Well... then again I've only played a bit through the 1st one so far. Hopefully 2 and 3 are built around the same concepts.

I don't think they'll start working on the 360 version until the japanese game goes gold and they focus on US and European version. That way they can use revenue from the Japanese release to further fund the project.

Lots of bitter tears in this thread.

Good times.

wtf,so they need more times now to complet the 360 version