By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: 360 FFXIII development hasn't begun

i guess the ability to read makes me a fanboy. because that comment was from the author.

localization and the 360 get started at the same time.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
brute said:
^yeah i also think that it will take long,but you said that it will take longer on PS3

i was talking about localization itself vs the rest of the game.  so the 360 should be able to have that completed before the localization is done.  both will then be waiting on the rest of the localization at that point and be fully completed at roughly the same time.

MrBubbles said:
the ps3 localization should take longer than the 360 version

What part of this was said by the author? Then why they said "held back" if you said they are going to be finished at the same time?

I do believe localization will start at the same time, but not FINISH at the same time.

the author said held back...they didnt

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Unfortunately, a playable FFXIII demo is unlikely to be at TGS 2008, which is Japan's biggest game expo. In the video, the developers openly complained when talking about the bonus demo disc that'll come with the Blu-ray disc of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children in March. Considering how long it takes to mass-produce it onto Blu-ray discs, Square Enix must finish the demo by December in order to ship it out with the computer-animated film.

Considering the author was wrong about this, he may be wrong about other things as well...

KatinJin said:

That means that since the game will be released simultaneously on both platforms in North America and Europe, the PS3 release will be held back in those territories until the 360 version is complete.

If the PS3 version is done well before the 360 version and is delayed for a few months for Simultaneous release, money exchanged hands, simple as that. Their reasoning for making it Multi-Platform is to "expand their market" because of 360 sales in NA/EU. If that is there main reasoning, then it wouldn't matter if the 360 version is simultaneous or not.

Around the Network

I wouldn't be suprised if the X360 development went so smoothly that it didn't delay the release of the game one bit. After all, they *do* know how quickly development of The Last Remnnant is going - long enough for it to be time exclusive for the Xbox 360.

If anything, they know the PS3 version is going to take longer, so they are focused on it firs and foremost. After all, they don't want to give the Sony gamers a poor game since they spent so much money on their systems :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
I wouldn't be suprised if the X360 development went so smoothly that it didn't delay the release of the game one bit. After all, they *do* know how quickly development of The Last Remnnant is going - long enough for it to be time exclusive for the Xbox 360.

If anything, they know the PS3 version is going to take longer, so they are focused on it firs and foremost. After all, they don't want to give the Sony gamers a poor game since they spent so much money on their systems :)

The Last Remnant is using the Unreal 3 Engine, of course it is developing well on the 360.

It doesn't matter how "smooth" the 360 Port goes, it is going to be finished after the PS3 localization.

FFXIII will be timed exclusive on PS3 and the PS3 version will be far superior to the 360 version

I thought this was known for a while now. They said they would not start working on the 360 version until the Japanese PS3 version was done.

Oh well, no news on versus...I think this game may be canceled for the 360...