By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: 360 FFXIII development hasn't begun

Munkeh111 said:
They announced this when it was first said that it was coming to Xbox, how long will it take to port anyway?

As others have said... If they're smart about it, they'll do the porting work at the same time they're localizing the game for the West.

Then it's just a matter of knowing what takes longer - to port the game, or to localize it. This is of course, assuming they do it this way. If they localize/port sequentially, there could be a quite big delay.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Microsoft should send them dev kits out faster...

It will take 7 or 8 months for the PS3 localization i would imagine and probably the same time to port the game from PC to X360 unless they are porting from PS3 to X360 but i don't why you would do that... unless the PS3 architecture is similar to the X360's which it isn't... its the complete opposite.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

As an RPG fan first and foremost like my username states it's not fair to us ps3 folks that we have to wait for the "simultaneous" release here in the states.... But i'm not going to complain because FF always impresses me except for XI that was terrible....and XII the gameplay was good but the story was awful and i felt myself grinding my way through it so i'm thinking that XIII may not be all that great coming from an RPG fan and not a system fanboy just my opinion

I just saw that EA will port Left 4 Dead to the PS3. I will take a Valve game over a JRPG with feminine male protagonists anytime anyway. Unless they make an Orange Box port but even EA may improve.

I don't know why, but i still have the strange feeling that the ff series is starting to suck donkey balls. Meh, maybe they'll change something for the better with this one.

Oh, ps3 owners, stop crying ya little babies.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network
Menago KF said:
I don't know why, but i still have the strange feeling that the ff series is starting to suck donkey balls. Meh, maybe they'll change something for the better with this one.

The series is still the top rpg series out there but the quality since 9 has dropped off considerably.... don't be so mean to us PS3 boys we do have a reason to be upset even though we have stolen 2 rpgs from xbox 360 lol....

they should release just after is finished and then release the xbox360 version

they are doing it for last renmant they should do it for ff13 too.

don't know why, but i still have the strange feeling that the ff series is starting to suck donkey balls. Meh, maybe they'll change something for the better with this one.

We aren't crying. We are just at the end of the finish line waiting for your slow ass to hurry up and finish the race so me and Wii can get our first and second place medals during the ceremony.

fayewong said:
don't know why, but i still have the strange feeling that the ff series is starting to suck donkey balls. Meh, maybe they'll change something for the better with this one.

We aren't crying. We are just at the end of the finish line waiting for your slow ass to hurry up and finish the race so me and Wii can get our first and second place medals during the ceremony.

Actually it seems more like the Wii has run past a pair of runners tied to each other, and is now outside their horizon.

The two runners are both blind, headed towards a cliff and keep bitching at each other like an old couple.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Having The Last Remnant be delayed on the PS3 and not the 360, and then instead of doing the same with FFXIII, but rather make the PS3 version hold out until the 360 version is done =/= platform neutrality. That equals M$ money.

@NJ5

Dammit...I have to say it.....if M$ didn't go around tossing out phat checks to every known developer that supported Sony, all the high profile games we expected this gen would have came out on time........and that's the only way they can get games on their system, because their marketing is ass. In Japan it's dead, and the PS3 is rapidly catching up to in in EU. This is why despite M$ tossing around all that money, the games are STILL coming to the PS3, rather than exclusively to the 360